• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official SBGDT: AFC Champs Baltimore Ravens vs NFC Champs San Francisco 49ers

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings Peak Porter from Uinta Brewing (Utah). A real man's beer. Heading for some 9% IPAs when my son gets here. Amazed how many people drink non-beer light "beer". To each their own, just pulling a chain. Enjpy.

And GO NINERS!

Tastes great, less filling.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go Straight Jack Daniels forget the lightweight beer stuff. Got 3 fifths lined up...

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings Peak Porter from Uinta Brewing (Utah). A real man's beer. Heading for some 9% IPAs when my son gets here. Amazed how many people drink non-beer light "beer". To each their own, just pulling a chain. Enjpy.

And GO NINERS!

I'm a professional brewer. I also judge beer competitions. American light lager is the most popular beer style on the planet (not saying it's the best style, but it is the most purchased).

For today, though, I don't want big beers. I want session beers, because I plan on drinking for the next 8 hours, and I'd like to be somewhat coherent at the end of it.

My go to style is German Pilsner. The reason for that is you can't hide what's inside it. Diacetyl and dimethyl-sulfide stand out from a mile away. The brewer has to really know what they're doing to produce quality products. In a big beer, you can hide a lot of flaws with alcoholic heat, and over-hopped bitterness.

What IPA's are you going to be drinking later?

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than two hours I am stoked.. nothing better than watching the 49ers play on super sunday. nothing.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than two hours I am stoked.. nothing better than watching the 49ers play on super sunday. nothing.

Watching the 9ers play on Super Sunday, while hitting the Power Ball jackpot, and realizing you just made your last mortgage payment?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a professional brewer. I also judge beer competitions. American light lager is the most popular beer style on the planet (not saying it's the best style, but it is the most purchased).

For today, though, I don't want big beers. I want session beers, because I plan on drinking for the next 8 hours, and I'd like to be somewhat coherent at the end of it.

My go to style is German Pilsner. The reason for that is you can't hide what's inside it. Diacetyl and dimethyl-sulfide stand out from a mile away. The brewer has to really know what they're doing to produce quality products. In a big beer, you can hide a lot of flaws with alcoholic heat, and over-hopped bitterness.

Yeah Coors/Light is my go to when I'm not drinking Guiness or any of the Belgium beers, and when the game is on. People and their microbrews.

Also that Woodford Reserve is good. Drink up gents go Niners! :drink:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Coors/Light is my go to when I'm not drinking Guiness or any of the Belgium beers, and when the game is on. People and their microbrews.

Also that Woodford Reserve is good. Drink up gents go Niners! :drink:

Nothing wrong with Microbreweries. Nothing wrong with Coors Light. Nothing wrong with the PBR I'm about to open.

Bud Light is disgusting swill that should be poured down a drain.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with Microbreweries. Nothing wrong with Coors Light. Nothing wrong with the PBR I'm about to open.

Bud Light is disgusting swill that should be poured down a drain.

Bud is crap I agree. But I don't like the "I only drink microbrews crowd." reminds me of a certain southpark episode about Prius drivers. Drink what you got!!

Go Niners!!

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matchbox 20??? Please fall apart stage...that band makes me punchy

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud is crap I agree. But I don't like the "I only drink microbrews crowd." reminds me of a certain southpark episode about Prius drivers. Drink what you got!!

Go Niners!!

I find most people who turn their nose up at beers like PBR and Coors Light typically don't know enough about beer to have that opinion.

No offense to anybody in this thread.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've got my fake tatoos & chin beard ready to piss off everyone rooting for the Ravens.

WHOOOOOO'S GOT MORE SUPERBOWLS THAN US IN A FEW HOURS???

NOOOOOOOOOBODY!!!!!

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent shaved since the 49ers beat the packers. rally Beard.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

What is your Pilsner? And I know what you are saying, too heavy a beer for 8 hours is too much. I am keeping mine to game time mainly.

Got 3 local microbrews: Squatters Hop Rising , Red Rock Elephino, Epic Copper Cone Pale Ale (not ipa). Utah has some great brewers.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I find most people who turn their nose up at beers like PBR and Coors Light typically don't know enough about beer to have that opinion.

No offense to anybody in this thread.

Not trying to be a beer snob and I think I indicated to each their own. I usually have a 12 pack of pbr in the fridge along with microbrews. But I just don't get lite beer. Like having sex with a blow up doll. If you are gonna drink beer, drink beer.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Back to football. Best thing I heard in the pre-game is that the Ravens front seven might be a bit slow and Ed Reed may have lost a step

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a beer snob and I think I indicated to each their own. I usually have a 12 pack of pbr in the fridge along with microbrews. But I just don't get lite beer. Like having sex with a blow up doll. If you are gonna drink beer, drink beer.

...well...that was weird...:wtf:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Back to football. Best thing I heard in the pre-game is that the Ravens front seven might be a bit slow and Ed Reed may have lost a step

Yep. Reed almost didn't even play this year. He's a shell of his former self.

And the Ravens don't have a LB who can cover Vernon. :)