• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Fire Dusty Baker Thread

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I am trying to be more positive about my posting. Like not saying things like " Damn the Reds are losing another 3 game series", but saying things like " Wow! the Reds won a game against the Rockies."

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfredo Simon and J.J. Hoover have pitched more innings this year than Chapman has.
We paid $30 million for a guy who throws 102 mph ... and he hasn't pitched since Aug. 24.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The intellect of Dusty Baker. Bring in a relief pitcher to issue an intentional walk.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brain dead baserunning continues. This team does more to sabotage itself by giving away runs, outs, and bizarre management decisions than any other team in the league.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no chance in hell this team survives a playoff series. Too many flaws and bad habits. It is such a shame considering the raw talent on this team. Unfortunately, we have a complete idiot at the helm who is useless and teaches nothing.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know what the fuck is up with Votto? It's not possible he's as stupid as he looked yesterday running through the stop sign to be thrown out at home by 40 feet.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good be that he is tired of playing for idiot coaches? Go thru the motions much like Dusty "The Statue" Baker.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a more reasonable explanation bengaldoug: could be that joey needs a couple days off. he's looked tired to me the last 2 weeks. he's played the most games, and had the most plate appearances, on the team. probably the most innings too. he appears to be fatigued physically and, more importantly, mentally. the reds have 3 thursdays off this month. maybe he can get a couple days off in a row. however, that home run off wainwright today was a thing of beauty. down in the count, he goes with a pitch a little up and out. hard to catch up with a mid 90's fastball that is up. wainwright went up the ladder and votto made him pay like few others in the league can. adam will be less inclined to try that again. just a tremendous talent that is probably more inclined to tough it out than take a day off.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Chico, I would agree that maybe Votto does need a day off which makes me wonder why Hannahan gives Frazier a day off at third and not Votto at first? Or why we don't call up Lutz and let him start at first for a game. This is your all-star manager working at his finest. DUSTRADAMUS knows all.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a more reasonable explanation bengaldoug: could be that joey needs a couple days off. he's looked tired to me the last 2 weeks. he's played the most games, and had the most plate appearances, on the team. probably the most innings too. he appears to be fatigued physically and, more importantly, mentally. the reds have 3 thursdays off this month. maybe he can get a couple days off in a row. however, that home run off wainwright today was a thing of beauty. down in the count, he goes with a pitch a little up and out. hard to catch up with a mid 90's fastball that is up. wainwright went up the ladder and votto made him pay like few others in the league can. adam will be less inclined to try that again. just a tremendous talent that is probably more inclined to tough it out than take a day off.

If that's the case they should give him a day off either Wed before or Fri after the Thu scheduled day to get freshened, and maybe he will be ok, but my thoughts are he could be dealing with anxiety again, which is something that never completely go away.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team had a hitting philosophy that wasn't rooted in sheer blind unplanned luck, you wouldn't notice what was wrong with Votto.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think bengaldoug may have a good point. 2009 he had that three week period where he went on the DL for what was termed "stressed related issues". Votto later claimed it was due to the loss of his father the year before. It was a pretty well kept secret at the time.

I've wondered if he's on medication for anxiety/ panic attacks? He's had a few unlike Joey Votto moments this year. If he's dealing with a anxiety disorder and is medicated at times, it's a testament to how great of a hitter the guy really is. Hard enough to play when you're at your best, can't imagine trying to hit a mid 90's FB or a nasty slider if you're not.

Obviously I haven't a clue what's wrong with Joey Votto. I think he appears to be a good guy that is giving the team and the fans his best effort. I wish him well in health and sport.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The baserunning on this team is always stupid. Gotta go with coaches there- if you trust them, your hosed often, and if you look yourself instead of trusting them, you're hosed often. Mix in a little bad situational play, It's a crapshoot.

I think Votto has appeared in every game. That's a real grind, but I can't blame anyone for playing him. He's the best hitter on the team. He's had low RBI this year, but none of his stats indicate it's his failing. The hole in front of him has harmed him, and pitchers simply don't ever give in to him. He has the toughest pitch assignment in the lineup-he walks a ton, because pitchers are always throwing him off the plate...he's not too selective, as many accuse him, he fouls off pitches that any other hitter would strike out on 50 more times a year. I think BP hitting in front of him will help Votto, and the offense in general. Bruce will benefit more hitting 4th, and whatever Ludwick contributes will help keep Cozart and Frazier in a lower lineup spot- probably helping the offense too.

Votto's defense hasn't been as good, and his occasional loss of focus other places might be some fatigue, but it's only his superior skills and expectations that attract negative attention. He's a Hall of Famer if he can keep up his pace a few more years.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why a lot of reds fans annoy me, threads like this. Crying, nothing else.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually everywhere that Dusty has been. The fans has done a lot of crying. Not just Reds fans.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually everywhere that Dusty has been. The fans has done a lot of crying. Not just Reds fans.

And one of those places cried about a fan costing them a world series for catching a fly ball. Cubs fans do nothing but cry, so his time there means nothing.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crying and establishing factual data on a retard named Dusty Baker is two completely different things. {Please make a note of it)

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was a more typical example of the not so obvious reason Dusty isn't great. He made a highly visible positive move in PR Hamilton, but then went into observation mode- leaving the strategy up to his players- caught up on the moment and more importantly, out if their element deciding to bunt "on their own"...BP sacrifice Choo to 2b, not terrible (other than forcing one of the next 2 hitters to hit the game tying run in) but Heisey's 2 out bunt attempt he couldn't get wood on hosing the thing run at the plate...baseball 101 says to never make the 1st or last out at the plate)...

It's classic Dusty...make no move, and blame bad results on players. The buck never stops with Dusty.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys on MLB Network were shocked. It was during a live look-in and they said, "this really couldn't be a call from the bench? Could it? You win the game on a wild pitch, and the pitcher is known to be wild at times."

come on guys. It's dusty. :L