• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official "Eye of the Shit-Storm" Thread: Bears vs Lions Week 16

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

I am going to drink extremely heavily and laugh at this game.

BigLiquid530

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clausen doesn't look too bad

I know the Bears are in fuck it mode but that was gonna be pretty hard to score in the red zone against the Lions

BigLiquid530

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay would have taken the safety you better believe that

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clausen was ok today but victimized by the same things Cutler was all season. Not saying Cutler was blameless, as he made some costly mistakes. But today we saw all the dropped passes and dumb mistakes by the whole offense in general. I don't think it matters who the QB is as long as the whole offense is playing like this. They're just not a focused group. The wide receiver play this season has been terrible. I really think that's the biggest difference between Cutler last season and this season. Cutler was really going in the right direction last season, and even outplayed Aaron Rodgers the last game with the division title on the line. This season the receivers took a big step back, and the OL hasn't been as good. The playcalling has been much worse. I think if you get a good coach in here that can get this talented offense to focus, you'll have a good offense next season. But it sounds like they're gonna trade Cutler to break this thing up. They're making him the scapegoat even though Trestman has the whole offense not focused.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Today we saw the most competitive game the bears have played all season against a good team since week 2 versus San Francisco. This is what happens when you reduce turnovers and major mistakes.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today we saw the most competitive game the bears have played all season against a good team since week 2 versus San Francisco. This is what happens when you reduce turnovers and major mistakes.

They scored a lousy 14 points. The defense played a lot better, but it was the same miserable offense. The Lions shot themselves in the foot with some big mistakes, including the missed short FG. The game should not have been as close. Lions played terrible but they pulled out the win which is all that matters for them.

Remember when Cutler played the Lions a few weeks ago, he put up 14 points early in the game. So I don't want to hear anyone claim the offense vs the Lions with Clausen was better. It was actually worse, but the defense played better.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line. We suck.

We'll find out how much we suck next week.

A WINNABLE GAME!!!! Thank heavens.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what happens? You lose again? What? Come on dude.
Yep... those pesky Turnovers- that's why "We" Lost the Game!!
2 First half Interceptions in the redzone.
A Muffed Punt return
The personal foul on the punter
... Oh wait that was Detroit... and they WON the game... What are you talking about???
This isn't the game to make a comment about turnovers and mistakes- Detroit made HUGE mistakes AND turnovers- AND THEY STILL WON!!
Without those mistakes- this game is easily 30-6...
ON BOTH TD drives... let me say that again- "both"...that's only TWO. (something everyone always pissed on Jay for) BOTH drives were OVER. DONE... NOT successful- Detroit GIFTED them points. If anyone wants to take that some sort of moral victory. Good for you.
I don't.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line. We suck.

We'll find out how much we suck next week.

A WINNABLE GAME!!!! Thank heavens.

Think loss, think higher draft pick. What's it matter at this point to win? First down punts all next week I say. Special team needs practice.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think loss, think higher draft pick. What's it matter at this point to win? First down punts all next week I say. Special team needs practice.

:lol:

Andrew Luck was just benched- 22 turnovers this year. #justsayin

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yes. We almost won even though we played like shit.

Starting to remember why turnovers are so fucking important yet?

C

cubzzzfanincali

This thread is a product of how bears fans have gotten conditioned to ignoring the effect of three turnovers per game.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a product of how bears fans have gotten conditioned to ignoring the effect of three turnovers per game.

You're still not getting it... The LIONS had the turnovers- and yet still WON the game!
You're argument and reminder of turnovers would hold more weight if the Lions lost... they didn't.

Of course TO's are bad. We know that. I get that... YOU love to mention the turnovers- But this game is also a PRIME example of why you need a more productive QB to win games. And that the bears have many more issues then the QB.
Without those picks early- it would have been 13 or even 21...to ZERO at halftime. I can't wait for this season to be over.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. We almost won even though we played like shit.

Starting to remember why turnovers are so fucking important yet?

Almost won? They didn't do anything on that last drive when they could have gone down to get a TD to win the game. They didn't even get to Lions territory, so I don't know where you're getting the idea that they almost won. Almost won would have been if they had an actual drive and gotten close to scoring. It's a sad state of affairs when fans are encouraged by a 20-14 loss at home. The Lions played like bumbling IDIOTS today and would have won by a blowout had they played decently. Go ahead, be encouraged by 14 points all game which were a result of turnovers/muffed punt. The Bears offense seriously was close to scoring 0 points today. Yeah, the lack of turnovers by the Chicago offense sure helped. LMAO!

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yes Joey. The lions played mostly well, should have destroyed us, and almost lost because they were sloppy. We played mediocrely, and yet we could have very easily won this game. The only reason why is turnovers.

Here is what I am saying. The roof won't collapse on the bears without cutler, even with a shitty qb, as long as shitty qb doesn't commit turnovers like cutler did. This just proves how destructive cutler is to this team. A dead team playing with a shitty qb played it's most competitive game against a good team for the first time since beginning of season. What about this does not sink in?

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Joey. The lions played mostly well, should have destroyed us, and almost lost because they were sloppy. We played mediocrely, and yet we could have very easily won this game. The only reason why is turnovers.

Here is what I am saying. The roof won't collapse on the bears without cutler, even with a shitty qb, as long as shitty qb doesn't commit turnovers like cutler did. This just proves how destructive cutler is to this team. A dead team playing with a shitty qb played it's most competitive game against a good team for the first time since beginning of season. What about this does not sink in?

Your problem is you're fooled into thinking the Lions are a really good team just because of their record. This wasn't like playing the Packers, Patriots or Cowboys. The Lions are not as good as you think. What have the Lions done against bad teams this season? They beat the Vikings by 2 points. They beat the Falcons by 1 point. They beat the Saints by 1 point. They beat the Jets by 6 points. Some of those wins were actually lucky on fluke plays. Do you see my point? The Lions are not that good. They have the look of a team that will be 1 and done in the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the ceiling of a team whose passing attack is almost completely horizontal. We dominated the turnover ratio and the other team kept drives alive with stupid penalties, but we only scored 14 points on 3.7 yards per play. If the defense has a bad day, the other team plays with some discipline or we lose the turnover battle the games would be too ugly to watch. I'd say the drops on our part probably offset the dumb play of the Lions, so it is a 14 points per game offense. It's hard to blame Clausen... It may have been a conservative game plan based on a beat up line, receiving corps and defensive opponent, but lets not kid ourselves... that was not an offense to get excited about.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Nobody is talking about "being excited." I'm talking about not being in a panic about losing a qb that makes our defense worse with all the turnovers.

I can't believe I am arguing with you people about the importance of turnovers. You're right. Doesn't matter.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won by losing. That is why we brought Jimmy in. Were going for that early pick.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is this, the first time in a month that we were not given the choice (or forced for our own sanity) to change the channel. we had to stick with this game til the end. that was the positive. We saw a competitive football team that created turnovers and kept the game close. only 6 catches for Johnson, yes he got over 100, but Fuller did some nice coverage on him, other than the slip, he was right there when he was playing man. Some nice runs against the best run defense in the league. Stafford seemed to be watching from the sidelines as the bears dont turn the ball over and win the TOP battle.

First time Claussen plays in over three years, let alone starting, and people ragging on him for only having a 77 passer rating. He was 23/39 with 7 definite drops. Should have been 30 for 39 which probably would have kicked the rating up to the 90's at least, probably a win since most of them would have extended a drive. Claussen went thru the progressions, then took the drop offs or thrown the ball away. Did not focus on one receiver, had good footwork and got the ball out on time. Thats just the basic stuff that we should not even be discussing with Cutler, being elite and all.