• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2019 Chicago White Sox Thread

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are peoples’ guesses for the contract Abreu said Jerry verbally confirmed would come in terms of length and dollars?

I’m guessing he will land a 3 year deal, with a club option for year 4. Dollar-wise, I think the three years will amount to something around $45MM, with the club option 4th year would be similar to $15MM per annum. He will eventually be the DH I’d imagine, when Vaughn is called up.

one can only hope.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickhead just can’t get away from the camera

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not you intend to state it that way, that's how it comes off. I have no f*cking idea what's wrong with this team's fans with the bullsh*t excuses. You do not get better by trading away great players in their prime unless you get a great player(s) back. If that doesn't happen, we got f*cking jobbed. End of story. And all the circumstances around and following that trade 3 years later do nothing to confirm that we didn't get f*cking jobbed.

We're still at the same f*cking point A as the day we made that trade.

I guess we're essentially poor man's Raiders fans now, thinking about it a little bit. That's fantastic company. *audible groan*

Shut up... good god. lol. It becomes more and more evident with every post that you're merely attempting to disguise your cluelessness by feigning outrage at everything the team does. He who appears righteously indignant need not justify himself, seems to be the general idea with you.

The White Sox traded Sale for two of the best prospects in baseball. One who was 13th in WAR in all of baseball before going on the IL (came back with a 2 for 4 with a HR and 2B tonight) another who is 23 years old, throws over 100 with nasty breaking stuff, whose career hasn't even began yet! Lol... Yoan Moncada has accounted for more wins with the White Sox this season than Sale has with Boston. 3.0 to 2.2 in WAR.

What on Earth good could Sale have done for us over the past few years? Make us a 68 win team last year instead of 62? Make us 2 games better this year before getting hurt? What planet do you live on?

You do not get better by trading away great players in their prime unless you get a great player(s) back.

It's like you don't even watch baseball. Astounding. Virtually all of these teams winning and/or competing for titles over the past few years. Acquired much of their talent by shipping off prime veterans.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not premature on anything. It's been 3 years at this point. Chris Sale was a dumbass f*cking trade. Never doubted then...Don't doubt now. Anyone who argues the Moncada and Kopech was anywhere close to even for prime Sale is valuing those two FAR MORE than I am Sale...as they are placing faith in the unknown/unproven vs a known given commodity. This is no-brainer sh*t really.

As for the Trump dumbassery. That's just ridiculous. You must be in an angry way or something calling me out as a hero-worshipper and then diagnosing me as a sophist and then projecting some sort of political angst on to me. Something wrong over there buddy? This goes deeper than a sh*tty baseball team and some rants about sh*tty baseball moves.

Maybe some bro-hugs are in order? Or are you gonna carry a grudge forevermore cuz I told you to get f*cked?

PS: If I was truly Trump. The White Sox would be the greatest team of all-time. Better than all the other teams. We only get the best players. The best coaches. The best stadium. Everything the best. We build a team like nobody can build a team. Quid pro quo idseer.

We should have totally kept Eaton instead of acquiring Giolito too. That proven commodity has done a little more than take up space on the trainer's table in Washington. God I'd love to have all of those 1 WAR seasons instead of what Giolito has turned into.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't even handle an example.
is this how you built up your hero in your mind. take a few good games and now he's the greatest that's ever been? only fools think like that jiddy. i'd add that anyone who judges a trade like you do hasn't a clue what he's talking about. you have no idea what moncada and kopech will be. just shooting off your mouth. i only know you'll disappear if they turn out really good and sale is on his way down.

Jiddy thinks that feigning outrage about everything will disguise the fact that what he's saying is verbal diarrhea.

Fans like him literally don't deserve a winner.

Moncada has been a better player than Sale this season and it's not even that close. Kopech wasn't even needed for the trade to be a win in this particular season. That isn't even bringing up that ones career is barely under way, the others hasn't even started yet and Sale is on the wrong side of 30 with emerging elbow problems.

"Not to worry! Because we'll never get one anyway!"... Says our friend. He does try so very hard at times. I mean, every once in a while, he even looks up statistics. Sure, the data he shares is usually the product of massive confirmation bias... but he makes the attempt and that has to mean something.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Trump dumbassery. That's just ridiculous. You must be in an angry way or something calling me out as a hero-worshipper and then diagnosing me as a sophist and then projecting some sort of political angst on to me. Something wrong over there buddy? This goes deeper than a sh*tty baseball team and some rants about sh*tty baseball moves

You are 10x more aggressive than Iddy here and seem far more likely to be dealing with personal/psychological issues. I'm just reading through all of this now. This is really embarrassing...

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that means Eloy will still be in left. Which is hard to stomach a lot of the time.

i'm confident that eloy will get a little better in time and not be that much of a detriment. i think everyone's weakest defender is in left field.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have totally kept Eaton instead of acquiring Giolito too. That proven commodity has done a little more than take up space on the trainer's table in Washington. God I'd love to have all of those 1 WAR seasons instead of what Giolito has turned into.

Eaton is not sale...That's not even comparable.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are 10x more aggressive than Iddy here and seem far more likely to be dealing with personal/psychological issues. I'm just reading through all of this now. This is really embarrassing...

He threw a jab and got response in kind. We're never going to agree on this which is why I kinda dumped the argument some time ago. The Sale trade was a dumbass trade. You don't have to agree. Moncada is not the player that Sale is at this point. Not even close.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note, the Sox have been playing much better ball since the 4-16 start of the second half...at 12-9 since. Respectable baseball. 105-100 so we actually outscored the opponents too.

.571 ball would be just outside the playoffs. Granted, 21 game sample size.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw a jab and got response in kind. We're never going to agree on this which is why I kinda dumped the argument some time ago. The Sale trade was a dumbass trade. You don't have to agree. Moncada is not the player that Sale is at this point. Not even close.
in your fucking mind! what created the 'jab' as you call it was your comment ""Oh, so you're telling me we can make improvements WITHOUT trading Sale?"" which was a complete lie! you twist my words and you can go fuck yourself. nothing worst than trying to have a civil conversation with a fucking jerk who willfully mistranslates ones words. you're exposed here as pusillanimous asshat.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in your fucking mind! what created the 'jab' as you call it was your comment ""Oh, so you're telling me we can make improvements WITHOUT trading Sale?"" which was a complete lie! you twist my words and you can go fuck yourself. nothing worst than trying to have a civil conversation with a fucking jerk who willfully mistranslates my words. you're exposed here as pusillanimous asshat.

where did sale's hero-worshiper go? funny i haven't heard a word about this trade for awhile now and he was soooo vocal before. :)

^^^ This post was long before whatever you were talking about. You went here. Not me.

But I'm glad you're clinging to that bolded statement.

Sale trade was sh*t. I said what I said and meant it.

Deal with it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try another approach...because obviously you guys somehow can't fathom why one would think losing Sale is terrible.

It reminds me of the 90s Mariners. That franchise has not been the same since they severed relations with Randy Johnson...Hell, how many years of no playoffs? And Johnson went on to win it all with the diamondbacks. Has a familiar ring to it, doesn't it?

Now, granted, the Mariners did not get back prospects like we did...and that's obviously a big piece of any puzzle. But it is symbolic. We blew it with Sale because of money (ugh...any Sox fan knows we were dreading Sale's upcoming extension), inability to develop in our own farm system (resulting in us having to clamor for anything and everything from anywhere we can get it and cling to a guy like Moncada and pray) and well...some dumbass emo crap where there was bad blood between the franchise and player.

The Sale trade was a catalyst for me realizing this team is f*cking clueless and going nowhere fast at the moment and I have zero faith that the next Chris Sale(s) won't be fubar'ed by us as well....That is, if we find the next one...two...twenty.

Highly unlikely I'll ever see it in a positive light.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ This post was long before whatever you were talking about. You went here. Not me.

But I'm glad you're clinging to that bolded statement.

Sale trade was sh*t. I said what I said and meant it.

Deal with it.
nice thing about the internet is i don't have to deal with it. i can from this point on ignore your lies (like this one) and bullshit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What on Earth good could Sale have done for us over the past few years? Make us a 68 win team last year instead of 62? Make us 2 games better this year before getting hurt?

You did a better job of explaining the point I was trying to make earlier in this thread. It was not a slam against Sale whatsoever, it was that his remaining on the White Sox would not have made any difference with respect to us making the postseason. I wasn't on this board yet when the Sox made that trade, but I was 100% for it then and nothing has changed my mind since. Hell, if anything, I'm growing happier by the day that Hahn pulled that one off.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did a better job of explaining the point I was trying to make earlier in this thread. It was not a slam against Sale whatsoever, it was that his remaining on the White Sox would not have made any difference with respect to us making the postseason. I wasn't on this board yet when the Sox made that trade, but I was 100% for it then and nothing has changed my mind since. Hell, if anything, I'm growing happier by the day that Hahn pulled that one off.

I cannot understand this point of view. I mean...I guess I have to get it because I'm definitely on an island this forum regarding the Sale trade. But it's mindblowing to me that so many are now seeing it as a positive spun with some sort of "this is the beginning of it all" mindset.

The beginning of what, may I ask?

Who trades their best player, arguably the best pitcher in the league, because "well, it looks like we suck so bad there's no hope with him?"

Remember the White Flag trade back in the late 90s? I remember everyone up in arms. I can distinctly remember my response (paraphrased...I know you guys know I'm long-winded by now): "Well, that sucks...so much for this season...but at least we didn't trade Frank Thomas. We'll come back in a year or two." Ever hopeful despite a season (possibly two or three) down the crapper.

This is different. We traded our best player and one of the best players in the majors, in basically a full on admission that we were hopelessly sh*tty and packaged it as if it was a necessity. But somehow in doing so, everyone sees the light that it's all gonna be fine...That's some Glengarry Glen Ross sh*t.

Well, ok. When does this happen? How does this happen?

Chris Sale has been the only truly remarkable thing about this team since 2012.

I don't have every stat on every team's history...but I'd be amazed if dumping your best player in his prime has paid out anywhere close to how much it hasn't. I see richi has some sort of claim to that? There's probably not a lot of data on such stuff...because it's dumb as hell...so there would be limited instances by my reckoning. (Funnily Manny Machado comes to mind. Orioles dumped him like a bad habit the second things went downhill...ANNNNDDD...Well yeah they suck.)

Stuff like this is what teams like the Marlins do. Praying for that one golden season among a sea of sh*t...and when that season comes, hope to cash in on some postseason success and then dump everything for financial reasons...or farm system reasons...or "there's a kid in the locker room" reasons...and start over.

The Sale trade was a beginning of something...I will give you guys that. Hopefully not of what I think this franchise has become.

It's been 10 years of mediocrity folks. Time to stop making excuses and coming up with this or that reason why we dump our best players and just start winning baseball games more than we lose. It's ok to be mad at losing a star player. So I'll just stick my head in the sand and do just that. By myself. All alone. On ignore. : D

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah f*ck...Before anyone Gotchas me...Yes yes. Giolito has been truly remarkable this season. *hat tip* So one other instance. Gotta give credit where it's due before I get roasted again.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot understand this point of view. I mean...I guess I have to get it because I'm definitely on an island this forum regarding the Sale trade. But it's mindblowing to me that so many are now seeing it as a positive spun with some sort of "this is the beginning of it all" mindset.

No harm in being on the island - sometimes there's a cool kick to being in a group of one - Been there myself many times when staking various opinions. But in fairness, I could hold up your opinion to a mirror and ask the same thing. Why would have keeping Sale instead of trading him for who we obtained been so much better? Because like you in reverse, I cannot for a second fathom why you think it was a bad trade for us. Do you sincerely believe that if Chris was still pitching for the Sox, we'd have made the playoffs? If you do, you'll need to somehow quantify this belief.

If you don't feel he would have been the difference for us making the postseason, then what else is there for such a strong stance you've taken in retaining him? Attendance? What, maybe an extra 4-5k people in the stands for the games in which he pitches? I'm honestly curious why the desire to not trading him is so strong.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No harm in being on the island - sometimes there's a cool kick to being in a group of one - Been there myself many times when staking various opinions. But in fairness, I could hold up your opinion to a mirror and ask the same thing. Why would have keeping Sale instead of trading him for who we obtained been so much better? Because like you in reverse, I cannot for a second fathom why you think it was a bad trade for us. Do you sincerely believe that if Chris was still pitching for the Sox, we'd have made the playoffs? If you do, you'll need to somehow quantify this belief.

If you don't feel he would have been the difference for us making the postseason, then what else is there for such a strong stance you've taken in retaining him? Attendance? What, maybe an extra 4-5k people in the stands for the games in which he pitches? I'm honestly curious why the desire to not trading him is so strong.

I mean. The logic you are applying could be applied anytime a team has less than 70 wins. The Sox had 67 and 68 wins in 95-96, that doesn't mean we trade our best player in Frank Thomas. We brought in the young lads and free agents that we garnered with the sh*tty record draft picks and built around Frank...not despite Frank. (For the record, if we had done such a trade, I probably would have shown up at 35th and Shields with a flamethrower...lol)

Granted, we were on the cusp of Lee/Ordonez/Konerko all busting in on the scene just after this so we jackpotted...What an awesome time to be a Sox fan...just sad those early 2000 teams when Frank was still in the middle of it all didn't find the grail. But it goes to show, we don't have to dump our best player to find diamonds in the farm.

The whole farm system argument is hard to swallow anyway. Sucking would naturally alleviate those pains each year where you don't have to trade your best players because you're getting good draft picks as you go, if the team knows what it was doing. This team was coming off 4 seasons of losing when they traded Sale, and they had NOTHING in the farm to make an argument "maybe we shouldn't drop a guy that could pitch us to 3 wins in a playoff series?" Really? Nah...Not buying what is being sold there. The entire Sale (and to a lesser extent Quintana) saga is f*cked up and should not be viewed in a positive light. But it is...So here we are. Putting lipstick on the pig.