• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2019 Chicago White Sox Thread

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No harm in being on the island - sometimes there's a cool kick to being in a group of one - Been there myself many times when staking various opinions. But in fairness, I could hold up your opinion to a mirror and ask the same thing. Why would have keeping Sale instead of trading him for who we obtained been so much better? Because like you in reverse, I cannot for a second fathom why you think it was a bad trade for us. Do you sincerely believe that if Chris was still pitching for the Sox, we'd have made the playoffs? If you do, you'll need to somehow quantify this belief.

If you don't feel he would have been the difference for us making the postseason, then what else is there for such a strong stance you've taken in retaining him? Attendance? What, maybe an extra 4-5k people in the stands for the games in which he pitches? I'm honestly curious why the desire to not trading him is so strong.

he HAS no good reason to believe this. and the white flag trade is a ridiculous comparison. fact is the sox would have been smart to trade thomas too. early in his prime he would have brought a bundle in pitching. thomas in fact is proof that keeping a great player surrounded by garbage is a dumb way to manage a team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
putting-lipstick-on-a-pig-1-638.jpg

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt yoan k's too much. but DAMN! the rest of his game is spectacular, isn't it?

he's leading the team in ops; slg; obp; walks; war ...

second in hrs; total bases; rbis; triples ...

third in runs; doubles; stolen bases ...

obviously the most all around player we have.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sale is 1 and 2 in post season play for boston

and while yes, he did reach the world series, he most certainly did not do it alone. they won their division by 8 games! he did beat ny in the division playoff but had no decisions vs houston or la. plus an era of 5. he averaged over 11 wins per year for boston ... good ... certainly not great. he's never won a cy, though he's come close a couple times. not sure he was ever boston's best pitcher.

i don't know just how happy boston really feels now after seeing moncada start to realize his potential. not to mention the other 3 players they gave up!

i agree with LSD in that: "I'm growing happier by the day that Hahn pulled that one off"

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt yoan k's too much. but DAMN! the rest of his game is spectacular, isn't it?

he's leading the team in ops; slg; obp; walks; war ...

second in hrs; total bases; rbis; triples ...

third in runs; doubles; stolen bases ...

obviously the most all around player we have.
Sometimes when players return from an extended injury, they come back a bit rusty. Moncada is looking like he simply picked up where he left off. The natural talent in this guy is amazing and it's finally starting to show why he was at one time considered the top prospect in baseball.

-Abreu is leading the team in RBIs and is likely going to set a career high well before the season comes to a close.
-Garcia has been a pleasant surprise (maybe not too much of a surprise at that) as an everyday starter and leading the club at crossing the plate.
-Anderson is simply raking this year, plus his overall defense is better than ever.
-Giolito has shown he belongs as a true #1, and at least belongs in the conversation for Cy Young this year. That's even taking into account that short period after the AS break when he was looking quite average.

But I'm in full agreement that if the season ended today, Moncada would be our team MVP.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good guys win 2-0 today, with the Rangers only getting one hit. I normally wouldn't bother even posting this, but I'm curious as to why Lopez was pulled after 5 innings. He was tossing a no-no and only threw 80 pitches. Usually those numbers keeps a starting pitcher in the game. Was he injured - anyone catch the game or hear anything?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good guys win 2-0 today, with the Rangers only getting one hit. I normally wouldn't bother even posting this, but I'm curious as to why Lopez was pulled after 5 innings. He was tossing a no-no and only threw 80 pitches. Usually those numbers keeps a starting pitcher in the game. Was he injured - anyone catch the game or hear anything?
i'm sure you know by now but just in case ... he got sick. nothing serious.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure you know by now but just in case ... he got sick. nothing serious.
I was so happy to learn that it was a relatively minor reason. A prolonged injury would have been bad news, as this kid has really picked up his game since the AS break.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so happy to learn that it was a relatively minor reason. A prolonged injury would have been bad news, as this kid has really picked up his game since the AS break.

2.87 ERA since the 14th of July over 9 games. This guy is the Ron Santo of pitchers.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he HAS no good reason to believe this. and the white flag trade is a ridiculous comparison. fact is the sox would have been smart to trade thomas too. early in his prime he would have brought a bundle in pitching. thomas in fact is proof that keeping a great player surrounded by garbage is a dumb way to manage a team.

Ugh.

I think those late 90's early 2000's Sox teams were better than you give them credit for here. They were pretty good teams, could just never get over the hump.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sale is 1 and 2 in post season play for boston

and while yes, he did reach the world series, he most certainly did not do it alone. they won their division by 8 games! he did beat ny in the division playoff but had no decisions vs houston or la. plus an era of 5. he averaged over 11 wins per year for boston ... good ... certainly not great. he's never won a cy, though he's come close a couple times. not sure he was ever boston's best pitcher.

i don't know just how happy boston really feels now after seeing moncada start to realize his potential. not to mention the other 3 players they gave up!

i agree with LSD in that: "I'm growing happier by the day that Hahn pulled that one off"

Boston won the WS (multiple times) and will reload every other year even if Sale disappeared into the Yucatan tomorrow. We're the Marlins in the Midwest. We NEED Moncada to be the guy...and PRAY that Boston doesn't just come back and poach him for 400 billion in a couple years if he does, since our approach is the "dump the good ones in their prime, it's the right thing to do."

Strong hunch their fans will be fine as their "off" years are 8 games over.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Gerrit Cole will be the FA the White Sox attempt to pretend to sign this upcoming Winter, per this fresh propaganda:

Cubs And White Sox 'Positioned and Motivated' To Sign Gerrit Cole

Hopefully Hahn is scrubbing social media to find out who Cole's friends and family are so he can preemptively sign them.
Out of all the key teams who will be going after Cole, I'll bet the farm that the Sox have by far the smallest payroll amongst them, meaning in theory Hahn could offer the biggest contract. The problem is that's just theory, not reality.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the key teams who will be going after Cole, I'll bet the farm that the Sox have by far the smallest payroll amongst them, meaning in theory Hahn could offer the biggest contract. The problem is that's just theory, not reality.
Like you mentioned, they should be able to absorb a good deal of new salary considering how low their commitments are and have been the last couple of years. I just hope that if the Sox do actually spend, they allocate wisely and in the positions of most need. They don't spend often, so it must count. Starting pitching is a glaring hole. Need a number one caliber guy to spearhead a young rotation, and Rodon, whatever happens with him if he can stay healthy. Dunning is on the mend, so he can take Rodon's innings. I keep hearing Puig's name when it comes to a player they've "had their eyes on" type thing. I would hope they don't overpay for a guy like that.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you mentioned, they should be able to absorb a good deal of new salary considering how low their commitments are and have been the last couple of years. I just hope that if the Sox do actually spend, they allocate wisely and in the positions of most need. They don't spend often, so it must count. Starting pitching is a glaring hole. Need a number one caliber guy to spearhead a young rotation, and Rodon, whatever happens with him if he can stay healthy. Dunning is on the mend, so he can take Rodon's innings. I keep hearing Puig's name when it comes to a player they've "had their eyes on" type thing. I would hope they don't overpay for a guy like that.
you have the right to hope! :)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird 2019 White Sox stat:

We're 40-41 at night but 21-37 during the day.

Maybe these boys should hydrate or something.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes when players return from an extended injury, they come back a bit rusty. Moncada is looking like he simply picked up where he left off. The natural talent in this guy is amazing and it's finally starting to show why he was at one time considered the top prospect in baseball.

-Abreu is leading the team in RBIs and is likely going to set a career high well before the season comes to a close.
-Garcia has been a pleasant surprise (maybe not too much of a surprise at that) as an everyday starter and leading the club at crossing the plate.
-Anderson is simply raking this year, plus his overall defense is better than ever.
-Giolito has shown he belongs as a true #1, and at least belongs in the conversation for Cy Young this year. That's even taking into account that short period after the AS break when he was looking quite average.

But I'm in full agreement that if the season ended today, Moncada would be our team MVP.

.208 and striking out at more than a 1/3 clip. (55 at bats...19 k's)

You spoke way too soon.