• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2019 Chicago White Sox Thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that somewhere else too. Publicly painting your club's owner into a corner is usually not the best way to go about obtaining an extension. But I'll chalk it off to Jose's obvious desire to playing the rest of his career with the Sox. I mean, let's face it, the name Chicago White Sox hardly screams free agents running in numbers to come play for them. I love that Abreu wants to remain a South Sider for the rest of his playing days.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that somewhere else too. Publicly painting your club's owner into a corner is usually not the best way to go about obtaining an extension. But I'll chalk it off to Jose's obvious desire to playing the rest of his career with the Sox. I mean, let's face it, the name Chicago White Sox hardly screams free agents running in numbers to come play for them. I love that Abreu wants to remain a South Sider for the rest of his playing days.
His urge to stay here is great. A true franchise player you don’t see the likes of much these days. He’s having a good contract year too and could sniff 40HR and is on the verge of 100 RBI. Seems like a good fellow.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it turns out to be some kind of contract for say 4-5 years in length, but with the all-important 'out' clause for either side after year 2 or 3 at the latest. Something along those lines.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it turns out to be some kind of contract for say 4-5 years in length, but with the all-important 'out' clause for either side after year 2 or 3 at the latest. Something along those lines.
Sounds reasonable. I could also see it being 3 years with an option year allowing team an out. I would imagine he’d make no less than $15MM a year, perhaps up to the $18MM and change I believe he’s making this year.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s actually making $16MM this year, to correct my figure in the above post.

upload_2019-8-21_19-51-37.jpeg

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after that line and deleted the rest because there is nowhere in what I said that the team was doomed having Sale, as if he was the primary or a key reason why we sucked during his tenure. I only said Sale would not have made the difference for us getting into any playoffs because we were that bad. It's not like he was ever 25-2 for us or something, which might have otherwise made a difference. THAT's what I meant and honestly Jiddy, I really shouldn't have had to explain this.

Whether or not you intend to state it that way, that's how it comes off. I have no f*cking idea what's wrong with this team's fans with the bullsh*t excuses. You do not get better by trading away great players in their prime unless you get a great player(s) back. If that doesn't happen, we got f*cking jobbed. End of story. And all the circumstances around and following that trade 3 years later do nothing to confirm that we didn't get f*cking jobbed.

We're still at the same f*cking point A as the day we made that trade.

I guess we're essentially poor man's Raiders fans now, thinking about it a little bit. That's fantastic company. *audible groan*

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:magnum::mamba::wash::fowler::hammer::hurt::nutswing::hardy:

If we're going to inject some levity, let's inject some levity!!!!

We won 2 out of 3 vs. the Twins despite being outscored 18-14. Still fightin' the good fight. *fist pump*

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not you intend to state it that way, that's how it comes off. I have no f*cking idea what's wrong with this team's fans with the bullsh*t excuses. You do not get better by trading away great players in their prime unless you get a great player(s) back. If that doesn't happen, we got f*cking jobbed. End of story. And all the circumstances around and following that trade 3 years later do nothing to confirm that we didn't get f*cking jobbed.

I guess we're essentially poor man's Raiders fans now, thinking about it a little bit. That's fantastic company. *audible groan*

More levity:

Thinking about a Raiders fan in a year and a half talking about the potential of their draft picks and .400 winning percentage and how they'd still trade Mack anyway.

WHILE WE WIN THE GODDAMN SUPER BOWL.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

""We're still at the same f*cking point A as the day we made that trade.""
no. we aren't. we had no future to look forward to with that team and the worst minor league system in baseball. this is no longer the case.
you obviously WILL not see what most fans, and everyone in the organization sees. it's easy for you to point out the worst examples of what can/might happen to "prove" your point but it's a waste of time. you keep sale and three years later you've won nothing and lose him to FA. we trade sale and 3 years later we see a team coming in to it's own in 2020 because of the prospects we picked up. you choose to look at it your way, we choose differently.
tell you what. let's remember this conversation and see what 2020 produces.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""We're still at the same f*cking point A as the day we made that trade.""
no. we aren't. we had no future to look forward to with that team and the worst minor league system in baseball. this is no longer the case.
you obviously WILL not see what most fans, and everyone in the organization sees. it's easy for you to point out the worst examples of what can/might happen to "prove" your point but it's a waste of time. you keep sale and three years later you've won nothing and lose him to FA. we trade sale and 3 years later we see a team coming in to it's own in 2020 because of the prospects we picked up. you choose to look at it your way, we choose differently.
tell you what. let's remember this conversation and see what 2020 produces.

Oh, so you're telling me we can make improvements WITHOUT trading Sale? Like I've been saying all along by focusing on the trade parts themselves.

Yes...We could have done very well without trading Sale. But no...We were f*cking dumbasses about it until you show me some tangible proof it was a good trade.

End

of

Story.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really does grind my gears that people are going bonkers that we didn't get Machado and are like "Oh yeah who gives a sh*t" when it comes to losing Sale. Yoan Moncada and Michael Kopech must really have some sort of mystic hypnotic hold on some of you without ever doing anything really impressive to this point...3 years later.

Time will tell. I hope you guys are right.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so you're telling me we can make improvements WITHOUT trading Sale? Like I've been saying all along by focusing on the trade parts themselves.

Yes...We could have done very well without trading Sale. But no...We were f*cking dumbasses about it until you show me some tangible proof it was a good trade.

End

of

Story.
if you think deliberately misinterpreting what i said helps your cause you are sadly mistaken. no one here likes arguing with a sophist.
you're reaching a point where you have no argument other than to keep repeating yourself and your miserable outlook.
show you proof? what the fuck makes you think i need to show you proof? there is no proof of anything here .... there's logic and reason and you've displayed none of it with your ridiculous and continual crybaby hysterics about your man-crush sale.

not going to repeat my arguments anymore as you are blind to reason.
why don't you wind it up with some more bullshit so we can all roll our eyes and leave you to your miserable wallowing?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think deliberately misinterpreting what i said helps your cause you are sadly mistaken. no one here likes arguing with a sophist.
you're reaching a point where you have no argument other than to keep repeating yourself and your miserable outlook.
show you proof? what the fuck makes you think i need to show you proof? there is no proof of anything here .... there's logic and reason and you've displayed none of it with your ridiculous and continual crybaby hysterics about your man-crush sale.

not going to repeat my arguments anymore as you are blind to reason.
why don't you wind it up with some more bullshit so we can all roll our eyes and leave you to your miserable wallowing?

where did sale's hero-worshiper go? funny i haven't heard a word about this trade for awhile now and he was soooo vocal before. :)

You knew what you were walking into when you made this post.

Don't bait me and then cry about it when you got what you knew was coming.

Get f*cked.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew what you were walking into when you made this post.

Don't bait me and then cry about it when you got what you knew was coming.

Get f*cked.
still full of shit are we? only one's been crying here is you. if you'd had any balls at all you'd have swallowed your ignorant pride and admitted that maybe you were premature. but no. you stuck to your ignorance. like a certain president i know doubling down no matter how wrong he was.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still full of shit are we? only one's been crying here is you. if you'd had any balls at all you'd have swallowed your ignorant pride and admitted that maybe you were premature. but no. you stuck to your ignorance. like a certain president i know doubling down no matter how wrong he was.

Not premature on anything. It's been 3 years at this point. Chris Sale was a dumbass f*cking trade. Never doubted then...Don't doubt now. Anyone who argues the Moncada and Kopech was anywhere close to even for prime Sale is valuing those two FAR MORE than I am Sale...as they are placing faith in the unknown/unproven vs a known given commodity. This is no-brainer sh*t really.

As for the Trump dumbassery. That's just ridiculous. You must be in an angry way or something calling me out as a hero-worshipper and then diagnosing me as a sophist and then projecting some sort of political angst on to me. Something wrong over there buddy? This goes deeper than a sh*tty baseball team and some rants about sh*tty baseball moves.

Maybe some bro-hugs are in order? Or are you gonna carry a grudge forevermore cuz I told you to get f*cked?

PS: If I was truly Trump. The White Sox would be the greatest team of all-time. Better than all the other teams. We only get the best players. The best coaches. The best stadium. Everything the best. We build a team like nobody can build a team. Quid pro quo idseer.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not premature on anything. It's been 3 years at this point. Chris Sale was a dumbass f*cking trade. Never doubted then...Don't doubt now. Anyone who argues the Moncada and Kopech was anywhere close to even for prime Sale is valuing those two FAR MORE than I am Sale...as they are placing faith in the unknown/unproven vs a known given commodity. This is no-brainer sh*t really.

As for the Trump dumbassery. That's just ridiculous. You must be in an angry way or something calling me out as a hero-worshipper and then diagnosing me as a sophist and then projecting some sort of political angst on to me. Something wrong over there buddy? This goes deeper than a sh*tty baseball team and some rants about sh*tty baseball moves.

Maybe some bro-hugs are in order? Or are you gonna carry a grudge forevermore cuz I told you to get f*cked?

PS: If I was truly Trump. The White Sox would be the greatest team of all-time. Better than all the other teams. We only get the best players. The best coaches. The best stadium. Everything the best. We build a team like nobody can build a team. Quid pro quo idseer.
you can't even handle an example.
is this how you built up your hero in your mind. take a few good games and now he's the greatest that's ever been? only fools think like that jiddy. i'd add that anyone who judges a trade like you do hasn't a clue what he's talking about. you have no idea what moncada and kopech will be. just shooting off your mouth. i only know you'll disappear if they turn out really good and sale is on his way down.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are peoples’ guesses for the contract Abreu said Jerry verbally confirmed would come in terms of length and dollars?

I’m guessing he will land a 3 year deal, with a club option for year 4. Dollar-wise, I think the three years will amount to something around $45MM, with the club option 4th year would be similar to $15MM per annum. He will eventually be the DH I’d imagine, when Vaughn is called up.