• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2019 Chicago White Sox Thread

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Go White Sox!

Gonna be a long season again by my estimation...

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is disappointed Kenny and Rick bungled the Manny signing,

But they had/ have plenty of $$ to spend, right, and rather than just sulk and whine and cry, go spend some of that $$ on a few mid-range players who can help the next 2 or 3 years.

Once Eloy and Madrigal and Cease and kopech (2020) are rolling, they will need some veteran help and rather than cry and sulk Rick should be signing guys this week, as in now.

Adam Jones - they need some OF's, they better not trot shithead Engel out there opening day in CF, uggh Engel sucks,
and then for SP,
and Ok maybe not spend the $$ on Kuechel, but there are other veteran #3's and 4's out there,

grab Gio or Clay Buchholz, guys who can sign for cheaper 1 - 3 yr deals, and can be veterans to help the kids, and they will be much better than Shields was past few years.
Gio is still rather young, he has a few years left as a 3 or 4 type SP. He once was a Sox, and dipshits in the front office traded him Twice to Oakland, bring Gio back.

IF they sign nobody now, it will continue to show us all what total incompetent shit for brains GM's both Kenny and Rick are at running a front office. Can you GarPax ....

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they had/ have plenty of $$ to spend, right, and rather than just sulk and whine and cry, go spend some of that $$ on a few mid-range players who can help the next 2 or 3 years.

Once Eloy and Madrigal and Cease and kopech (2020) are rolling, they will need some veteran help and rather than cry and sulk Rick should be signing guys this week, as in now.

Adam Jones - they need some OF's, they better not trot shithead Engel out there opening day in CF, uggh Engel sucks,
and then for SP,
and Ok maybe not spend the $$ on Kuechel, but there are other veteran #3's and 4's out there,

grab Gio or Clay Buchholz, guys who can sign for cheaper 1 - 3 yr deals, and can be veterans to help the kids, and they will be much better than Shields was past few years.
Gio is still rather young, he has a few years left as a 3 or 4 type SP. He once was a Sox, and dipshits in the front office traded him Twice to Oakland, bring Gio back.

IF they sign nobody now, it will continue to show us all what total incompetent shit for brains GM's both Kenny and Rick are at running a front office. Can you GarPax ....
Engel is awful. People kept talking about the catches he made last year robbing potential HRs. I guess that's good and all, but he can't hit at all and the real problem is with pitching being bad when he always has to rob potential HRs.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and then for SP,

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 7.05.02 PM.png

giphy copy 27.gif

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you GarPax ....
Glad you brought that up. GarPax and HaWill use similar verbiage when talking about their respective teams. They say things like "long term", and "not ready yet", "we need time", "patience". This all comes from Jerry, who is a bozo owner at this point. He's acting like he owns a baseball team in the 90s still.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Go White Sox!

Gonna be a long season again by my estimation...
Wish I could argue with this, but I can't. I'm hopeful, but I think we're going to struggle just getting to the 70 win mark.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could argue with this, but I can't. I'm hopeful, but I think we're going to struggle just getting to the 70 win mark.
PECOTA says 72-90. I usually don't agree with their projections, but their 2019 Sox projection is probably close to spot on in my opinion. They have the Cubs only winning 79, which is a bit of a head scratcher.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PECOTA says 72-90. I usually don't agree with their projections, but their 2019 Sox projection is probably close to spot on in my opinion. They have the Cubs only winning 79, which is a bit of a head scratcher.
As I said, I hope I'm wrong, I hope I'm missing something that will result in the Sox winning a lot more games. But aside from what I see as an improvement on the back end of the bullpen, I really don't see anywhere else the wins will come from. I would LOVE to be wrong.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I hope I'm wrong, I hope I'm missing something that will result in the Sox winning a lot more games. But aside from what I see as an improvement on the back end of the bullpen, I really don't see anywhere else the wins will come from. I would LOVE to be wrong.
I will give Hahn credit for improving the bullpen. That is all. Ivan Nova is blah if you ask me. He sported a robust 4.17 average ERA in Pittsburgh the last two years is a larger park than GUARF, so I would imagine we should see something around 4.50 ERA-wise out of him when adjusting for the AL and park.

Last edited:

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
butt hurt (because of machado) crybaby fans. wow! there's sure a lot of them!
Seems like the fault for that lies with senior management. I wouldn’t project any of that on the fans, who were practically guaranteed of that signing. For crap’s sake, they purposely left an open locker between Jay and Alonso in AZ, telegraphing a signing. Now those two players really have no role on a team that is rebuilding.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the fault for that lies with senior management. I wouldn’t project any of that on the fans, who were practically guaranteed of that signing. For crap’s sake, they purposely left an open locker between Jay and Alonso in AZ, telegraphing a signing. Now those two players really have no role on a team that is rebuilding.

given: sox owner, and consequently all management under him are very bad at what they do (tho imo the jury is still out on hahn).
the thing is .... this is not news. i've known this since the 80's! the crybaby reference is aimed at those who seem to be surprised at this fact.

having said that .... i think the sox seriously wanted machado. so did other teams and san diego wanted him more ... end of story. reinsdork has made BIG moves in the past so we can't suggest he never intended to pick machado up. this one just didn't work out. i cannot hold that against this team. however, they now have money to spend. if they don't spend it (pitching) ... and fairly wisely ..... THEN complain! after all, hahn's initial aim was not the 2019 season and you all know this. and the idiot jiggy is trying to bust my chops for saying 8 months ago that this might take a year or two.
you all need to calm the fuck down!

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
given: sox owner, and consequently all management under him are very bad at what they do (tho imo the jury is still out on hahn).
the thing is .... this is not news. i've known this since the 80's! the crybaby reference is aimed at those who seem to be surprised at this fact.

having said that .... i think the sox seriously wanted machado. so did other teams and san diego wanted him more ... end of story. reinsdork has made BIG moves in the past so we can't suggest he never intended to pick machado up. this one just didn't work out. i cannot hold that against this team. however, they now have money to spend. if they don't spend it (pitching) ... and fairly wisely ..... THEN complain! after all, hahn's initial aim was not the 2019 season and you all know this. and the idiot jiggy is trying to bust my chops for saying 8 months ago that this might take a year or two.
you all need to calm the fuck down!
I agree with your points. I hope the Sox avoid Keuchel.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you may recall that way back when the earliest rumors of the Sox going after Machado and/or Harper were taking place, I said it was a dog-n-pony show, that they wouldn't seriously pursue either player. I also said I was against signing either one for different reasons (Machado's attitude, Harper overrated), and that my real desire was to wait until next year, then go after Nolan Arenado big time, as I felt he was the best all around combination hitter/fielder in baseball, at least amongst those who would be eligible for free agency.

First off, I have to take back the dog-n-pony show accusation. I believe the Sox made a serious effort at signing Machado. Obviously, it wasn't enough, but at least they did actively pursue him, even including the very questionable moves at signing his bro-n-law and his BFF to the roster. I also have to confess that I had come around to having Machado on the team. I began to wonder that if we can't sign him, then what makes me think that Arenado will be signed next year? He will probably cost even more per year, altho he may not be able to fetch anything beyond an 8 year contract. But regardless, the Yanks have been rumored that Arenado was the one on their radar all along and will be going all out to sign him next year. Does anyone here seriously think we'll be able to compete against them? I don't.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you may recall that way back when the earliest rumors of the Sox going after Machado and/or Harper were taking place, I said it was a dog-n-pony show, that they wouldn't seriously pursue either player. I also said I was against signing either one for different reasons (Machado's attitude, Harper overrated), and that my real desire was to wait until next year, then go after Nolan Arenado big time, as I felt he was the best all around combination hitter/fielder in baseball, at least amongst those who would be eligible for free agency.

First off, I have to take back the dog-n-pony show accusation. I believe the Sox made a serious effort at signing Machado. Obviously, it wasn't enough, but at least they did actively pursue him, even including the very questionable moves at signing his bro-n-law and his BFF to the roster. I also have to confess that I had come around to having Machado on the team. I began to wonder that if we can't sign him, then what makes me think that Arenado will be signed next year? He will probably cost even more per year, altho he may not be able to fetch anything beyond an 8 year contract. But regardless, the Yanks have been rumored that Arenado was the one on their radar all along and will be going all out to sign him next year. Does anyone here seriously think we'll be able to compete against them? I don't.
I don’t think the Sox can offer contracts as lucrative as a handful of big franchises out there.

I also don’t think Arenado reaches free agency.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the Sox can offer contracts as lucrative as a handful of big franchises out there.

I also don’t think Arenado reaches free agency.[/QUOTE

Yeah, that's the gazillion dollar question - will the Rockies offer him a large enough contract to prevent him from hitting the market. We're probably talking about a minimum 8 year/$280m contract to keep him home. Not sure they would be willing to make that type of commitment, but we certainly can't rule it out. Of course, all this does is provide a second reason why I probably shouldn't have placed all my eggs in one wish basket.