• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
D'haquille Williams is the #1 Juco WR in the country. He is one of the most talented WRs to come along in quite awhile. Lauderdale is 3 in composite rankings at 24/7.

Oh. I was just posting what someone said on volnation. I don't follow recruiting very closely.

davidd2152

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Ross Pierschbacher has decided to move up his visits to Bama and Stanford, is this now a fight between these two schools? Originally he was not going to visit Bama and Stanford until after the football season as these two schools were seen as backups if Iowa tanked again.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...-four-star-Iowa-commit-visit-Alabama-Stanford

David

Maybe someone told him you can't wait around on schools like that and expect a spot to be open?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone told him you can't wait around on schools like that and expect a spot to be open?

I know he better hurry up and get on this train, or it's gonna be full. Cristobal is doing work with the offensive lineman.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU made a big impact on Cameron Robinson this week, Bama was clear #1 before his visit, but now it's a bit closer.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In-state recruit Daron Payne camped at Alabama this week and really enjoyed his time there. One of the coaches at camp said Payne is an NFL first round pick, no question. That's pretty strong words about someone who hasn't played his senior season in high school yet.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ohio st. is close to losing 4-star OG Marcelys Jones.

Andrew Bone had this to say about him after he performed at our camp this week..."One source said they thought Jones was very close to flipping his commitment during the visit, but Jones remains committed to the Buckeyes. I'm told he doesn't like talking about other schools due to Ohio State fans blasting him the last time he took a visit to another school. The general feeling is that he might not end up at Ohio State. Other schools including Kentucky are in the race. "

If he does flip, it looks good for us.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Ross Pierschbacher has decided to move up his visits to Bama and Stanford, is this now a fight between these two schools? Originally he was not going to visit Bama and Stanford until after the football season as these two schools were seen as backups if Iowa tanked again.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...-four-star-Iowa-commit-visit-Alabama-Stanford

David

AB said Ross Pierschbacher is visiting Bama next week, he thinks the staff will ask for a yes or no during that trip.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Tyreek Hill is on campus this week, he's a "must-get" for Alabama, and widely considered to be the fastest player in the country. Hopefully we land this guy soon.

davidd2152

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB said Ross Pierschbacher is visiting Bama next week, he thinks the staff will ask for a yes or no during that trip.

He knows he doesn't have to give them an answer as Stanford still has a dz or so open slots in their recruiting class. But if he is worried about passing admissions requirement at Stanford that could impact his answer to Bama.

David

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU lands Brandon Harris

Brandon Harris commitment webcast - ESPN

Kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is very well spoken. Love his attitude towards the other top in-state recruits as well, saying he'll do his best to get Fournette, Robinson, etc...to join him in Baton Rouge.

Great day for LSU football. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Harris commitment webcast - ESPN

Kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is very well spoken. Love his attitude towards the other top in-state recruits as well, saying he'll do his best to get Fournette, Robinson, etc...to join him in Baton Rouge.

Great day for LSU football. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

He's gonna be good, I wish no SEC had of gotten him, but I definitely didn't want Auburn to get him.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows he doesn't have to give them an answer as Stanford still has a dz or so open slots in their recruiting class. But if he is worried about passing admissions requirement at Stanford that could impact his answer to Bama.

David

I agree. It's just that we are in a position now that we are getting a talented player in that spot no matter what, it's up to him whether it's him or not. If he wants to play for the 2-time defending national champions and be coached by Nick Saban and Mario Cristobal, then hop on.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna be good, I wish no SEC had of gotten him, but I definitely didn't want Auburn to get him.

Saw that on the twatter, not sure how I feel about it yet. :ohwell:

I was glad he didn't end up at OSU. He has some major maturity issues. When OSU accepted the offer from Stephen Collier for this year's class at QB, Harris said something like "congrats to that one guy for his commitment to OSU", even though he knew exactly what his name was. Then later on, he tweeted something at him about how he was supposed to be the backup plan at OSU. I get a little trash talk, but that seemed like a pretty tacky, immature thing to tell someone.

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad he didn't end up at OSU. He has some major maturity issues. When OSU accepted the offer from Stephen Collier for this year's class at QB, Harris said something like "congrats to that one guy for his commitment to OSU", even though he knew exactly what his name was. Then later on, he tweeted something at him about how he was supposed to be the backup plan at OSU. I get a little trash talk, but that seemed like a pretty tacky, immature thing to tell someone.

:lol::laugh3:

You are such a little titty baby Sox...

Had you bothered to look at the link, you'd have seen Harris was very complimentary of tOSU and their history as a top college football program.

And had he chosen tOSU, you'd have been running around here bragging about it...you're a horrible liar.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's just that we are in a position now that we are getting a talented player in that spot no matter what, it's up to him whether it's him or not. If he wants to play for the 2-time defending national champions and be coached by Nick Saban and Mario Cristobal, then hop on.

There's a lot more to think about than that though. Stanford probably has the best academics of any school in the country with a D1 football program and has been a top-5 or 10 team in football the last few years. Add to that the success they have had with developing offensive lineman and that would be hard to turn down. I'm not going to lie....I am as big of a VT fan as anyone, but Stanford would probably be the only place in the country to make me think twice if I were offered by both. There isn't a school in the country that can offer the combo of education and football that they can.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot more to think about than that though. Stanford probably has the best academics of any school in the country with a D1 football program and has been a top-5 or 10 team in football the last few years. Add to that the success they have had with developing offensive lineman and that would be hard to turn down. I'm not going to lie....I am as big of a VT fan as anyone, but Stanford would probably be the only place in the country to make me think twice if I were offered by both. There isn't a school in the country that can offer the combo of education and football that they can.

No doubt Stanford is a very good choice, I'm just saying that we are in a situation to tell this guy to hop on or get left, there are others waiting. If he decides to go with Stanford, I can't blame him, because like you said with their combination of academics and where their football team is, you can't go wrong.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Stanford is a very good choice, I'm just saying that we are in a situation to tell this guy to hop on or get left, there are others waiting. If he decides to go with Stanford, I can't blame him, because like you said with their combination of academics and where their football team is, you can't go wrong.

I agree. If it wasn't as hard to get guys cleared through their academic dept., they would probably have a ridiculous football team right now. Every kid in the country with a good gpa and that doesn't mind moving away from home would be knocking at their door.