• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see and I think that's just it I think this team is just incredibly got shot and gun-shy they don't know how to handle adversity properly and learn to fight back. maybe we're a lot farther down the totem pole than I thought we were I guess this MR really sunk the culture

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe Keyshawn Johnson Jr got drafted out of Fresno St by the Cardinals, scored a td for them in garbage time

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not liking Martinez at QB
Reminds me of exactly what happens with all our freshmen phenoms, then they become sophomores and putter out............. i wont judge him off just these 2 games but not impressed

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's offense didn't stretch the field.
Which is the most annoying thing since that is what Frosts offense is supposed to freaking do!! soooooooooo frustrating watching that, but at this point it is meh

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the most annoying thing since that is what Frosts offense is supposed to freaking do!! soooooooooo frustrating watching that, but at this point it is meh
This. And others said it before. I didn't feel like the D lost that. The horrible O play calling/execution after we got up 17-0 just didn't make sense at all. I just don't get why it doesn't look like UCFs offense, our players can't be worse, the defenses haven't been better than what they faced. I just don't get it.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. And others said it before. I didn't feel like the D lost that. The horrible O play calling/execution after we got up 17-0 just didn't make sense at all. I just don't get why it doesn't look like UCFs offense, our players can't be worse, the defenses haven't been better than what they faced. I just don't get it.
QB Play and team melding. These guys need at least half a season together, maybe a whole year. It'll look different by week 6 I'll bet. You better, you better, you bet.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see and I think that's just it I think this team is just incredibly got shot and gun-shy they don't know how to handle adversity properly and learn to fight back. maybe we're a lot farther down the totem pole than I thought we were I guess this MR really sunk the culture

The Nice guy coach was nothing more than a cancer along with the douche nozzle of an AD. Nebraska hasn't had that killer mentality for quite a while they did have it with Bo at times but it was never there with Mr nice guy. Frost and Co have to get it across to these young men once you've stepped on their neck you don't let up until you break it.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nice guy coach was nothing more than a cancer along with the douche nozzle of an AD. Nebraska hasn't had that killer mentality for quite a while they did have it with Bo at times but it was never there with Mr nice guy. Frost and Co have to get it across to these young men once you've stepped on their neck you don't let up until you break it.
There aren't many left from that previous regime.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think Adrian sells the zone read well? He looks stiff and unsure to me.
Probably because there's been little there whether he hands it off or keeps it. It's like he's saying "I've got nothing, so here's the ball, good luck" and doesn't follow through with his end of a fake keeper.

Montez sold it a lot better IMO. I had to look hard to see if he still had the ball or handed it off.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm younger and probably uglier? i don't live in Iowa?
70d843d0-3a95-4556-bd09-aa38ad7903ff_text.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Nebraska's 4 losses dating back to Oct 16th 2018

@ N'Western: By 3 pts (OT). Led 1st & 3rd Q's. Lost 4th Q & OT (20-11)
@ Ohio St: By 5 pts. Led 21-16 at half. Lost 2nd half (20-10)
@ Iowa: By 3 pts. Lost on walk-off FG
@ Colorado: By 3 pts (OT). Led 17-0 at half. Lost 2nd half and OT (34-14).

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because there's been little there whether he hands it off or keeps it. It's like he's saying "I've got nothing, so here's the ball, good luck" and doesn't follow through with his end of a fake keeper.

Montez sold it a lot better IMO. I had to look hard to see if he still had the ball or handed it off.
I agree with this R_A. there are definitely times where AM just doesn't seem to be looking to keep even if there appears to be space there. Now i know sometimes the coach can say, run the option but its a give all the way, but as you said, seems like AM would sell it a lot better. Montez did do a much better job of it.

AMs decision making just hasn't been as good as i would have hoped. several times it seemed like there were open guys and he chose to make a harder throw. I think it was that first series right after half he tried to force it to the TE who had a guy right on him when i thought I remember an outside WR was open.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also is it just me or have they went away from the bubble screen game? That seemed like a staple in this offense and can replace a running game when it's not working. helps the QB get in a rhythm and gets the ball to playmakers in space. i remember several but there were times when i watched UCF and would say, man they run that a lot, but haven't said that this year. And then once you run that enough, you have one of the blocking WRs run a fake block/slant and hit that for a big gain.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also is it just me or have they went away from the bubble screen game? That seemed like a staple in this offense and can replace a running game when it's not working. helps the QB get in a rhythm and gets the ball to playmakers in space. i remember several but there were times when i watched UCF and would say, man they run that a lot, but haven't said that this year. And then once you run that enough, you have one of the blocking WRs run a fake block/slant and hit that for a big gain.

I honestly haven't a clue wtf they're doing.

I can see working on some things you're wanting to get better at (running, sweep, swing pass) against the likes of S. Alabama. They get a mulligan.

But getting complacent with a 17-0 lead against Colorado was stupid. That shit was not working and they simply refused to stretch the field to try to put them away.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EXACTLY!!! So frustrating, like i never have to guess if he kept it or not, the transition/handoff takes too long and then he never sells it at all.... it just doesnt make sense! Very very very frustrating the whole ball of wax just seems disjointed like half the time nobody knows what the plan is or they just dont give a fuck

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY!!! So frustrating, like i never have to guess if he kept it or not, the transition/handoff takes too long and then he never sells it at all.... it just doesnt make sense! Very very very frustrating the whole ball of wax just seems disjointed like half the time nobody knows what the plan is or they just dont give a fuck

Seriously. You got to get the LB's at least taking a moment to verify who's got the ball. 1 second on a play is an eternity. The LB's and DB's playing in the box could pursue the ball without hesitation.

To be fair to Adrian, the O-line isn't creating running lanes between the tackles. Everything has to go outside where the LB's and DB's are waiting. However, Adrian needs to sell the misdirection better. At least make them pause for a moment.