• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. Going to check it out tonight.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i checked it out. Waterloo was ok, but seemed to be similar prices that i see everywhere else. I also stopped at a Wild Willies stand that was outside of Super Saver on 144th St near Millard Ave and then i went just down the road to some church selling out in front of Amazing Pizza Machine. The Wild Willies was the cheapest, had best deal on the bigger box but i didn't buy one. the church was way over priced. easiest thing to compare as my kids are young was snaps, got a cheaper brand at one Waterloo stand for 0.20, Wild Willies was like 0.25 for the more normal brand you see everywhere. at that church stand they were 0.42 (well technically 3 for 1.25). The exact same prepackaged big set of stuff was like $98 at that Wild Willies and $113 at the church stand. I believe Waterloo had it for like $105.

i didn't buy much, like $50, i felt obligated to buy a few things at each place, so spent like $10 at each place i stopped usually just buying snaps/smoke bombs/parachutes and telling the folks that my kids wanted to do some stuff but my wife likes to go fireworks shopping and she was busy tonight. going to run down to Springfield tonight and go to Wild Willies brick and mortar indoor store. sometimes find a few better items there since its their home base.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i checked it out. Waterloo was ok, but seemed to be similar prices that i see everywhere else. I also stopped at a Wild Willies stand that was outside of Super Saver on 144th St near Millard Ave and then i went just down the road to some church selling out in front of Amazing Pizza Machine. The Wild Willies was the cheapest, had best deal on the bigger box but i didn't buy one. the church was way over priced. easiest thing to compare as my kids are young was snaps, got a cheaper brand at one Waterloo stand for 0.20, Wild Willies was like 0.25 for the more normal brand you see everywhere. at that church stand they were 0.42 (well technically 3 for 1.25). The exact same prepackaged big set of stuff was like $98 at that Wild Willies and $113 at the church stand. I believe Waterloo had it for like $105.

i didn't buy much, like $50, i felt obligated to buy a few things at each place, so spent like $10 at each place i stopped usually just buying snaps/smoke bombs/parachutes and telling the folks that my kids wanted to do some stuff but my wife likes to go fireworks shopping and she was busy tonight. going to run down to Springfield tonight and go to Wild Willies brick and mortar indoor store. sometimes find a few better items there since its their home base.

Yeah, the church groups (fund raisers) are typically the biggest mark ups.

The mortars are the most obvious mark-ups. They typically cost twice as much in Omaha as they do in Waterloo.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 Days to Husker Football

55a035389404e.image.jpg

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the neighbors was complaining about the fireworks last night. she quoted Omaha law, :L, we live in Sarpy County. We are in an unincorporated section of Sarpy, just south of Harrison st. all you can do is a noise complaint, which won't go anywhere.

i was at a church show sunday night. people in the neighborhood were pissed..lol

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dang, you're going to spend more in gas than you would if you just bought them at the closest place to your house.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha. eh. Waterloo was 10 miles and Springfield is 8 miles. So, it will be maybe 2 gallons of gas. between this post and a few posts ago, you can get a pretty good idea of what part of Omaha i live in.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd highly recommend Wild Willy's in Springfield. Got the big box of stuff cheaper than anywhere I saw it. Lots of other good stuff at good prices.

Poppers were a tad expensive but parachutes were cheaper. It's so weird how differently priced all the different stores are.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
59 Days to Husker Football

97-Frost-and-Heskew-009-NU-Sports-Info-resized.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd highly recommend Wild Willy's in Springfield. Got the big box of stuff cheaper than anywhere I saw it. Lots of other good stuff at good prices.

Poppers were a tad expensive but parachutes were cheaper. It's so weird how differently priced all the different stores are.

One thing's for sure Omaha has the highest prices. In some cases up to 2X. Low hanging fruit I guess. People just go to the nearest stand.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that or they go to a stand because they know fundraiser and want to support them