• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nebraska had a professional sport or anything else for this state to cling on to, I would totally agree that the sellout streak would be in jeopardy.

But what in the hell else are we going to do in this state other than watch Nebraska play football? It's what we live for.

Some of us live to watch a bunch of blue shirted comb overs throw a ball into a hoop, right @Tomhusker

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's just dumb. they should have just left it alone to die, no one watched it anyway.

but seriously, they are sold tickets. the opposing team has to pay for them, so even if seats are empty they are still sold, that's how it works. i mean when an opposing team returns 2500 tickets like a couple days before a game, what the hell are you supposed to do? a bunch of schools can't even get half their tickets sold in months leading up to games. the fact Nebraska more than likely sells a bunch of those return tickets if not all of them, that's pretty damn impressive to me.
They do count towards the sellout streak and we do sell them. When you hear rumors of companies buying up tickets on a Friday, it's these returned tickets.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Nebraska wins those ridiculous ESPN polls all the time is because people my age or younger are on there voting their asses off.

We're psycho. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We'll do whatever it takes as fans to make this place top notch. It will always be that way, because we're a bunch of psychos.

Us young bucks can't wait for the blue hairs to be done with their tickets. We want them.

Speaking of ridiculous polls

VYPE Oklahoma City – The Leader in High School Sports

Deontre's name near bottom

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L so i'm an idiot and booked a hotel room for Aug 12th instead of Sept 12th for a meeting i am going to. didn't notice until they sent me an email today saying "how was your recent stay".

i called the hotel, the lady seemed unsympathetic that they had already charged me for a room i didn't use. Anyone know if it's worth it to call the corporate office and see if they will do anything for me? (it wasn't that expensive of room and i had just planned on letting it go, but felt like asking since i decided to post about me being an idiot)

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is a hotel GM. Save your breath. If you booked it, you bought it. Their thinking is that even though you didn't use the room, it was reserved and they couldn't sell it.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L so i'm an idiot and booked a hotel room for Aug 12th instead of Sept 12th for a meeting i am going to. didn't notice until they sent me an email today saying "how was your recent stay".

i called the hotel, the lady seemed unsympathetic that they had already charged me for a room i didn't use. Anyone know if it's worth it to call the corporate office and see if they will do anything for me? (it wasn't that expensive of room and i had just planned on letting it go, but felt like asking since i decided to post about me being an idiot)

for the heck of it..and you have nothing to lose..just ask if they would comp you the sept 12th date or you might find another hotel for you to go to and that you will let your company know that they were sympathetic to your issue and would be the first hotel that company looks at when bookie more hotels.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is a hotel GM. Save your breath. If you booked it, you bought it. Their thinking is that even though you didn't use the room, it was reserved and they couldn't sell it.
i thought your wife was in the business, so was hoping you'd see that. that's also what i thought.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought your wife was in the business, so was hoping you'd see that. that's also what i thought.
I asked her about it when she got home. She said your best bet would be to call and talk to the GM and see if maybe you can get a deal on the room on Sept 12. Might be able to say talk a comped room, or at least a good deal.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Football Power Index gives Nebraska a 29% chance to win 10 games or more and picks theeeeeeee Huskers as 1 of 3 teams to make a playoff run outside of the faves.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked her about it when she got home. She said your best bet would be to call and talk to the GM and see if maybe you can get a deal on the room on Sept 12. Might be able to say talk a comped room, or at least a good deal.
thanks. i'm not really going to worry about it. it wasn't that expensive of a room in a podunk town in iowa. i just felt real dumb for not paying attention when i booked it. i linked from another page where they recommended the hotel and had a group rate and i just assumed it would automatically set it up for the night i needed it. it just happened to be the exact day in August (the 12th) that i needed in September, so when i saw the 12th, i didn't even double check the month.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, at least you can still write it off as a business expense hopefully.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manager schmanager

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to monitor my posts so that I can make #10,000 in this thread on game day.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Burroughs upset in the quarterfinals at the Olympics

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please get Tim Miles's dumb face off of our banner

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fellers ever watch epic homes? Fuck man, some peoples problems.