• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Non-Patriots Football Thread

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems apparent that the NFL General Football Forum could use a thread that is not about the Patriots. There must be other football related topics out there that don't have anything to do with Brady, Bellichick and all things New England.

Will the Seahawks get their offense back on track? How's Russel Wilson's ankle?
Can the Raiders fix that porous defense this week on the road against the Titans?
How about some of those other rookie or first year starting QB's? Prescott, Wentz, Siemian?
How will Bradford look against that ferocious Carolina defense?
Is Aaron Rodgers really in a slump?
Can the Broncos steal a game in Cincinnati's home opener?
Do the Giants continue to roll in the NFCE?

How will Brady look upon his return next weekend? (Shit.....it's impossible. I guess we should just re-name the general board the New England Patriots forum)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems apparent that the NFL General Football Forum could use a thread that is not about the Patriots. There must be other football related topics out there that don't have anything to do with Brady, Bellichick and all things New England.

How will Brady look upon his return next weekend? (Shit.....it's impossible.
I guess we should just re-name the general board the New England Patriots forum)

What? I thought this was the Patriots General Forum??????

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you male this a Patriots thread by saying it's not a Patriots thread?

Yes. Good point. Like I said earlier, it's impossible to not go there. The dark side of the Force is at work here.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would talk about how the Broncos might have been right to no give Osweiler franchise money, but that probably goes where this thread isn't supposed to go.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would talk about how the Broncos might have been right to no give Osweiler franchise money, but that probably goes where this thread isn't supposed to go.

That's an excellent non-Patriots topic. I know that it's early in the season but by not signing Osweiler to a mega contract, the Broncos were able to:
  • Lock up Von Miller
  • Lock up Emmanuel Sanders
  • Lock up CJ Anderson
  • Lock up Brandon Marshall
Not paying anyone big quarterback money has bought the franchise more time to protect their interests with many of their other good players. They now have a few years before they have to make the big QB investment.

Additionally, they were able to move up in the draft and select Paxton Lynch. Obviously, Lynch may not end up being the Broncos franchise quarterback but his athleticism so far indicates that he could be the future.

What a relief to not be posting anything about that other team that was mentioned earlier!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like ice cream.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Texans does it take to shit the bed in prime time?

Fuck all ya'll.

Fuck this thread!

Fuck football!

This is Goodell's fault!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Texans does it take to shit the bed in prime time?

Fuck all ya'll.

Fuck this thread!

Fuck football!

This is Goodell's fault!

This should cheer you up Rob

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an excellent non-Patriots topic. I know that it's early in the season but by not signing Osweiler to a mega contract, the Broncos were able to:
  • Lock up Von Miller
  • Lock up CJ Anderson
Not paying anyone big quarterback money has bought the franchise more time to protect their interests with many of their other good players. They now have a few years before they have to make the big QB investment.

Additionally, they were able to move up in the draft and select Paxton Lynch. Obviously, Lynch may not end up being the Broncos franchise quarterback but his athleticism so far indicates that he could be the future.

What a relief to not be posting anything about that other team that was mentioned earlier!

I would let Marshall walk, you can find better receivers for cheap in the draft or FA

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how about those Patriots, eh?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let Marshall walk, you can find better receivers for cheap in the draft or FA

We don't have a WR named Brandon Marshall on the Broncos. We have an ILB that has graded out as a top-5 guy at the position the last couple of years. the Brandon you are thinking of plays for the Jets.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for all the Pats threads...

"My work is done here" - Rock Strongo

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread de-railed. Damn those Northeastern bastids.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Lock up Von Miller
  • Lock up CJ Anderson

Well so far it definitely looks like a good decision by the Broncos. That $18 million a year has gone towards players actually contributing in a very positive way so far this year. And I would say the Broncos are getting similar production from our 7th round QB as that of the Texans from Osweiler at this point. Too early to claim this as a great non-signing by the Broncos but Osweiler definitely does not look comfortable.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncs certainly can't feel as though they let one get away.