• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Niners and NFL Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEAH, BABY!

Alex is headed to Kansas City and the Niners got what could be two second rounders! One this year, which is the second pick of the second round, just like the last of the first round. The other, is a third round that turns into a 2nd if Alex wins. AND, they are talking about an extension. Their coach is great, their running is good, their defense was 5th or so until injuries midseason last year. They had 6 or so close losses last year. And the best thing, they traded what they would have used for a QB. Now, they'd have to go third or lower for a developmental QB. I'm hoping they can't trade the overall to anyone or else they could draft a QB.

I'm a Niners fan first. But I love that he's not going to Arizona or even this conference. I love that it's a conditional 3/4 pick, not just a 3/4 pick. I was worried that it would be one where the worse he did, the better our pick (as a 3rd round pick alone would), but it's the reverse. If he finishes second to us, we get the best of both worlds. I don't predict that, but just the fact that his success not only does not hurt us, it helps us, works out perfectly for me. The fact that Kaep was better while Smith played well for himself was great too for all of us.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be tough for me to keep a bead on him now as a Chief though. I hope he does well. But, hell be fighting with Denver now and ill take the broncos every time over KC.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be tough for me to keep a bead on him now as a Chief though. I hope he does well. But, hell be fighting with Denver now and ill take the broncos every time over KC.

I'll keep you updated. And take my word for it, don't have your own opinion, ok? ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also glad it's not Cleveland. Lombardi is a bitter man he didn't get the SF job. He was an Alex basher. Cosell, the NFL analyst, was an Alex realist, Lombardi, a basher. If he got Alex due to Turner's request, he'd try to replace him before he got there. They traded away their developmental QB draft pick and a few football guys are saying they now won't pick a backup that challenges Smith next year. They are going to work on an extension according to some. Big turn of events - everyone said a 7th rounder... maybe a fourth rounder... perhaps a third... still get the guy in the draft, sit for a year... now, trade away big chips and extension? I mean, football teams can always cut guys, so it doesn't mean much, but it's better than the alternative.

I need a Ute to root for and Weddell, McCoy (SD HC), and Krueger won't do!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!!!

Kansas City did not draft a single quarterback in the draft (no commitment to one) and the QBs they picked up after the draft reportedly lack work-ethic, smarts, and/or good decision making. They are undrafted and paid little, so if needed KC can cut them easily. This means that they will either fail to get there or will give Alex adequate time to keep his starting job. If he loses it, as the main guy with no one there in the wings, that's his own damned fault.

I feel that the Niners wanted Kaepernick, for good reason, but still did. I want the Chiefs to want Alex and no one else and try to win with him and then, if Alex fails, sobeit. But that's because I am a Niners fan, not a Chiefs fan. I am an Alex Smith fan, not a KC fan. There are no other Utah Utes QB out there. USC comes second, but I'm sort of removed from them. Root for Eric Weddle, Mike McCoy, Star Lotulelei, Sean Smith, Steve Smith, Tony Bergstrom, and the Krueger brothers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this and wanted to share. I know most of the intrigue is gone when you know it's a trick play, but what am I to do? I'm sure some of you might have other plays that are better, but here goes.

I like number 9. Number 5 reminds me of Akers to Crabtree in the Arizona game or what could have happened in the Jets game with a Smith to Kaepernick pass (Jets thought Kaep was exciting and he instead lined up at receiver. Damn timeout by Jets after they saw it.) Number 1 was great and risky. Number two was risky, too.

Last edited by a moderator: