• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL Super Teams Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havana ooh na na

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC > Smith

$34 3rd Franchise Tag KC < $24mill Smith

Neither are elite QB’s but decent ones. I like Cousins but no way was he worth the cost of 3rd Franchise Tag when we have so many holes elsewhere. Now with the #13 pick they don’t have to take a QB which seemed to be Mayfield and can address maybe getting the #1 WR on the board Calvin Ridley - Bama to help Smith. Or go D.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC > Smith

$34 3rd Franchise Tag KC < $24mill Smith

Neither are elite QB’s but decent ones. I like Cousins but no way was he worth the cost of 3rd Franchise Tag when we have so many holes elsewhere. Now with the #13 pick they don’t have to take a QB which seemed to be Mayfield and can address maybe getting the #1 WR on the board Calvin Ridley - Bama to help Smith. Or go D.

From a QB standpoint this really doesn’t help them, from a money standpoint this makes a whole lot of sense. Now they have to improve through free agency and the draft or this move does nothing for them. They aren’t forced to reach for a QB with that 1st round pick and they have the luxury to improve at different positions but if they like a QB at that position they can take him and he doesn’t have to be a NFL ready guy, he can sit behind Smith for 2-3 years like Rodgers did with Favre.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a QB standpoint this really doesn’t help them, from a money standpoint this makes a whole lot of sense. Now they have to improve through free agency and the draft or this move does nothing for them. They aren’t forced to reach for a QB with that 1st round pick and they have the luxury to improve at different positions but if they like a QB at that position they can take him and he doesn’t have to be a NFL ready guy, he can sit behind Smith for 2-3 years like Rodgers did with Favre.

I agree but they should take a QB in the draft I feel.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now as far as Cousins goes he has to know that he isn’t winning shit without an elite defense, great protection and weapons on the outside and there aren’t really any contenders who need a QB. This is his chance to go to a building team and get his huge contract. The Browns can offer him as much as they want but they can also offer him a very good offensive line, young players and a pretty solid defense that should only improve. Offering him a big contract doesn’t hurt them at all bc they are unlikely to spend even close to all that cap space regardless and this move gives them options now. They wouldn’t be forced to take a QB early but they can if they want and let him sit behind Cousins or just go RB/CB with Barkley/Fitzpatrick. They have the money to go our and get the players in free agency at key positions to help Cousins, the problem is can they attract these players.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now as far as Cousins goes he has to know that he isn’t winning shit without an elite defense, great protection and weapons on the outside and there aren’t really any contenders who need a QB. This is his chance to go to a building team and get his huge contract. The Browns can offer him as much as they want but they can also offer him a very good offensive line, young players and a pretty solid defense that should only improve. Offering him a big contract doesn’t hurt them at all bc they are unlikely to spend even close to all that cap space regardless and this move gives them options now. They wouldn’t be forced to take a QB early but they can if they want and let him sit behind Cousins or just go RB/CB with Barkley/Fitzpatrick. They have the money to go our and get the players in free agency at key positions to help Cousins, the problem is can they attract these players.

The Vikings...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Meebs

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is a good QB but not worth a huge contract

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone's gonna look at his numbers from the last 3 years and disagree. If Kaepernick was worth $18 million/year....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's gonna look at his numbers from the last 3 years and disagree. If Kaepernick was worth $18 million/year....

I mean I wouldn’t say he had a great team around him and his numbers are quite impressive

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he ends up in Denver...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have signed Cousins long term 3-4 years ago, his number would be a bargain now. They cost themselves a ton of money overall, lost a 3rd rounder and a CB that would have started this year, for a guy four years older and not as good. Then they extended him to five years which is nuts. If they had taken a QB in the first round and kept Smith for a year, that might make some sense, but I don't get anything they did yesterday

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's usually easier to win with an established QB than to roll the dice and develop one. Cousins possibly has 5-6 years of good starting football ahead of him - there'll be several teams happy to roll the dice on that than to develop some rookie.