• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL is rigged

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is nothing more than taking the opportunities that present themselves.

But it absolutely does exist.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taking something requires working for it.

Luck is given without thought to if it is fair/unfair or if th person deserves it or works for it.

Luck is simply given.

Not taken, or provided by when opportunity is there.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one leaves a multi billion dollar business completely up to chance.

First off, I'm not discounting the possibility that a game has never been fixed. I have no idea when or where, but gun to my head and I'd say that gambling interests have gotten to a ref or 2 ... possibly even a player or 2 and fixed at least 1 game at some point. What I find ludicrous is the notion that the NFL is using coaches, refs & players in some organized fashion to insure the outcomes of games. I'm sorry but that's just absurd. All of the people who would have to know about it throughout history to pull such a thing off and nobody has spilled the beans ?? That's just ridiculous.

I'm not cherry picking but I'd like to explore the thinking behind this one statement because it's been used a couple of times in this thread to justify the presumed fixing of games and I don't really know exactly what is meant by it. There is simply no downside to leaving the outcomes of games to chance. Regardless of who wins, people are still going to go to games, watch them on TV, buy the merchandise and bet on the games. But the downside to the NFL fixing games, were it ever to be discovered, is immeasurable. It would lose all credibility and much of its fan base. The sports gaming industry would collapse. The whole notion is preposterous.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, are we talking about Andrew Luck and the Colts here? :D

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By a pure dictionary definition it's random chance. But if you look at people considered consistently "lucky", they did things (consciously or not) to maximize those chances.

When you look at the luck of a bounce of a ball, sure, it may have bounced your way. But the last time it bounced the other way and the other team didn't capitalize? What we see as luck is taking advantage of the bounces that benefit is and minimizing the ones that don't. It's tilting the scales in your favor.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I'm not discounting the possibility that a game has never been fixed. I have no idea when or where, but gun to my head and I'd say that gambling interests have gotten to a ref or 2 ... possibly even a player or 2 and fixed at least 1 game at some point. What I find ludicrous is the notion that the NFL is using coaches, refs & players in some organized fashion to insure the outcomes of games. I'm sorry but that's just absurd. All of the people who would have to know about it throughout history to pull such a thing off and nobody has spilled the beans ?? That's just ridiculous.

I'm not cherry picking but I'd like to explore the thinking behind this one statement because it's been used a couple of times in this thread to justify the presumed fixing of games and I don't really know exactly what is meant by it. There is simply no downside to leaving the outcomes of games to chance. Regardless of who wins, people are still going to go to games, watch them on TV, buy the merchandise and bet on the games. But the downside to the NFL fixing games, were it ever to be discovered, is immeasurable. It would lose all credibility and much of its fan base. The sports gaming industry would collapse. The whole notion is preposterous.

please listen, read and accept this!!!!

:agree:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not preposterous at all to make sure a prime time game doesn't turn into a blowout. Were you watching last years Super Bowl? What happened?

You want people to watch all 4 quarters. More viewers, more ad money. The less viewers the less that ad time is worth. CBS, NBC, FOX, ESPN all pay billions to the NFL BEFORE the season starts. It's then up to them to recoup that money thru ad sales. You can bet your ass that they're going to do just that.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By a pure dictionary definition it's random chance. But if you look at people considered consistently "lucky", they did things (consciously or not) to maximize those chances.

When you look at the luck of a bounce of a ball, sure, it may have bounced your way. But the last time it bounced the other way and the other team didn't capitalize? What we see as luck is taking advantage of the bounces that benefit is and minimizing the ones that don't. It's tilting the scales in your favor.
Still, changing the probability is still not luck. In fact, "tilting the scales in your favor" is what many here are claiming the NFL consciously does. It's human nature.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not preposterous at all to make sure a prime time game doesn't turn into a blowout. Were you watching last years Super Bowl? What happened?

You want people to watch all 4 quarters. More viewers, more ad money. The less viewers the less that ad time is worth. CBS, NBC, FOX, ESPN all pay billions to the NFL BEFORE the season starts. It's then up to them to recoup that money thru ad sales. You can bet your ass that they're going to do just that.

You realize that's always been the case yet there have been several Super Bowl blowouts throughout history, right ?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

being lucky and taking advantage of an opportunity given are two, completely, and totally different things.

Please stop. You are wrong on this one. Just admit it and move on. We've all been there before.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, changing the probability is still not luck. In fact, "tilting the scales in your favor" is what many here are claiming the NFL consciously does. It's human nature.

It's what is perceived as luck. If you look at entire game and the view is that one team got all the breaks, odds are that the other team had a lot of things that bounced their way, too. They were just in less of a position to capitalize.

On a singular scale, luck is the bounce. On a broader scale, luck is catching the bounce.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not how I perceive luck.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhhhhhhh are you talking about the power going out?

WTF did that have to do with a possible blowout?

It already had the viewers for the reason of the head coaches being bros.

i`m sure the power going out had nothing to do with anything...........It happens.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not how I perceive luck.

It's what the luck he's talking about is. A bad snapper choking under pressure is unlucky? Or is it because you didn't find a better snapper?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhhhhhh are you talking about the power going out?

WTF did that have to do with a possible blowout?

It already had the viewers for the reason of the head coaches being bros.

i`m sure the power going out had nothing to do with anything...........It happens.

Yeah, the power just went out on that scale at that place and time for no other reason than it just being a power outage. COME ON!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and one more thing.........If the NFL has fixed games,does anyone think that by now,someone would have came forward with it?

And not just a player saying it was that wants to be anonymous..............But somebody would actually come out and point fingers by now.

I know there are times like the 9`er/Pack game had some wtf plays,but i`m not sure it warranted fixed.........
Rodgers in the 4th qtr with 4 guys on him and he gets out of that?......The defenders had their hands all over him.It amazed me how he got out of that.But I know that wasn`t fixed.........
another was Rodgers moving up in the pocket with a defender just getting an arm on him when he could`ve easily had the sack.But i don`t think that was fixed either.

There are just way too many players that would not gpo for that,coaches,refs and wtf ever involved for this too happen......period!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that's always been the case yet there have been several Super Bowl blowouts throughout history, right ?

None in the mega billion dollar tv money era, no.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or because that scale made the power demands significantly greater than the system was used to?

You don't see other possibilities because you don't want to. You'd much rather bitch and moan that everything is "rigged" against you than admit your team doesn't win because they aren't good.