• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Thread The NFL Draft.............

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how long Bijan lasts too. RB is pretty deep, maybe only 1 goes in the 1st in favor of the trenches.
The way the talk has evolved on Bijon, I’m now thinking he doesn’t get out of the top ten with real possibilities of him going at 8 to Atlanta, a Bears trade out at 9 assuming a team has to get in front of Philly at 10 to draft him and then of course Philly at 10.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that's a real number. As the people who run the tests said, kids would sometimes start to do the test and stop and take it later. 18% looks like a partial score.

In reading the article he took it 3 times to try and get better and was not able to improve

I hope he does not need brains to work any of the NFL offenses

NFL Network reported that Stroud took the S2 Cognitive Test multiple times but failed to post a high score in any of his attempts.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I think Stroud is the best QB in this class by a mile and anyone passing on him is making a mistake and I also don't think his poor S2 score is indicative of his ability to play QB at a high level

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I think Stroud is the best QB in this class by a mile and anyone passing on him is making a mistake and I also don't think his poor S2 score is indicative of his ability to play QB at a high level
I agree with both thoughts. He's the best QB this draft and S2 test means squat on the field.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of people had Stroud pegged as #1 and that suddenly shifted because of a low S2 score.

For reference to some that don't know, the S2 test basically measures reaction speed on a specialized laptop or XBOX... lol... basically how quick does a player react to a fuckin' video game or scripted series of events. Now I wont dismiss that entirely, pilots have to go through air checks which is simulated with different problems to see how they'd react in that situation, but that's an entirely different profession and MOST plane situations are static (not as dynamic as on the field play given teams, players, situations, etc.).

It seems kind of stupid to me to dismiss everything because of a low S2 score. I saw some article from some NFL analyst saying nobody with that low of a score has ever been successful. Okay, well that's not really telling since the S2 was not a thing until about 5 years ago.

I'd be perfectly fine with Seattle taking Stroud at 5. They have bigger needs at the moment for THIS season (DL/ILB namely) but I still think he'll be the most successful QB in the draft. Young has the skills, but midget 2.0 is going to be injured in no time. 30+ sacks last year at Alabama, oof.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sooo wrong, but WTF I'll post it any way...

My wife and I rented that movie early in our marriage. We got ten minutes into the movie and my wife turns it off:
Her: I want to tell you I’m proud of you for being quiet for the beginning of this movie. But I can’t watch this with you because eventually you’re going to do something that makes me feel less about you.
Me: Totally get it. You’re right.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I rented that movie early in our marriage. We got ten minutes into the movie and my wife turns it off:
Her: I want to tell you I’m proud of you for being quiet for the beginning of this movie. But I can’t watch this with you because eventually you’re going to do something that makes me feel less about you.
Me: Totally get it. You’re right.
Oh, the looks I get from the other side of the couch and the number of times I hear "what's wrong with you" in a weird twisted tone seemingly including all of anger, embarrassment, sadness and disbelief...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's the 2nd best, tops. These test scores feed the talk that he succeeded largely due to scripted reads in the Ohio State system (and huge advantages gained by his WR corps and OL).

Young is number 1 IMO, and at least a tier above the others. The other three come down to personal preference (and belief in that S2 test).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's the 2nd best, tops. These test scores feed the talk that he succeeded largely due to scripted reads in the Ohio State system (and huge advantages gained by his WR corps and OL).

Young is number 1 IMO, and at least a tier above the others. The other three come down to personal preference (and belief in that S2 test).
As compared to Alabama QBs...:D

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These test scores feed the talk that he succeeded largely due to scripted reads in the Ohio State system (and huge advantages gained by his WR corps and OL).
That's a fair cop, though. His highlights are basically getting the ball out fast and accurately to open guys, not creating plays.

Mahomes is Picasso and Stroud won't be that. But following scripted reads and getting the ball out fast and accurately and showing leadership are key assets in the NFL. I'm not sure Brady ever did more than that for his first several years.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Young v Stroud - both of these guys are gonna get surprised by NFL Ds. With Stroud a surprise will result in a strip-sacks or pick-6, but with Young it could result in him missing the rest of the season.

My question with Young is only about bone size and density, but it's a serious question. He can build up density with weights, but he probably already did a lot of that at Alabama. Really like the guy otherwise.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schrager and Charlie Campbell seem to be the most consistent insiders and both seem to be blocked by Houston at 2. I do find it interesting both think Houston is going defense.

My personal guess is both Houston and Arizona are trying to trade down thinking someone will want CJ Stroud. Not sure anyone is biting on Houston because they pretty obviously need a QB.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always fun to watch what the Jets do... last year was one of their first successful drafts in... quite possibly, forever.

But now that they have Rodgers and are literally all in, I bet they'll do something stupid.
Watch them take Anthony RIchardson at 15.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Young v Stroud - both of these guys are gonna get surprised by NFL Ds. With Stroud a surprise will result in a strip-sacks or pick-6, but with Young it could result in him missing the rest of the season.

My question with Young is only about bone size and density, but it's a serious question. He can build up density with weights, but he probably already did a lot of that at Alabama. Really like the guy otherwise.

Young weighed in at 204 at the combine. Stroud was 214. The idea that Young is made of porcelain simply isn't accurate.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schrager and Charlie Campbell seem to be the most consistent insiders and both seem to be blocked by Houston at 2. I do find it interesting both think Houston is going defense.

My personal guess is both Houston and Arizona are trying to trade down thinking someone will want CJ Stroud. Not sure anyone is biting on Houston because they pretty obviously need a QB.

I could see Colts trading to 2, then a lower team moving up to 3 at a slight discount (Raiders, Atlanta). I think the Titans are too far down for Arizona's tastes unless blown away.