• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Thread The NFL Draft.............

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reading the article he took it 3 times to try and get better and was not able to improve

I hope he does not need brains to work any of the NFL offenses

NFL Network reported that Stroud took the S2 Cognitive Test multiple times but failed to post a high score in any of his attempts.
I remember one of the finest contractors I have met not being able to pass the license exam.
Some people just don't test well.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both thoughts. He's the best QB this draft and S2 test means squat on the field.
I raced motocross professionally.
I was very smart but smart is not what makes you successful.
It being able to convert what you know to muscle memory so you don't have to think and decide.
A pro QB does not read and poder what to do - he will read and react!

"the ability to reproduce a particular movement without conscious thought, acquired as a result of frequent repetition of that movement:"

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it as much as you. Trim all the fat out of the telecast and just give us our picks. Get rid of those damn commercial breaks too.
Unfortunately, the commercials pay the bills. Normally I DVR football games I really want to watch and even some of these pre-draft shows that have been going on lately. But for the draft itself, I like to keep it live because I want to catch all the picks as they happen, I also like the pre & post pick banter that takes place amongst the TV crews. I use the commercial breaks to pop in here and on my Bears board to discuss anything relevant.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tune in an hour after it starts and get caught up on the 3 picks that have been made........

PFFFFFT you can't do that DHoey... the hell is wrong with you? You have to watch it live..

pff-loser.gif

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 1st pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.....the Carolina Panthers select......Bryce Young, QB, Alabama. While I don't have confidence in this pick because history says Alabama QBs don't have success in the NFL....but that....TIDE....is changing? (see what I did there?) With this new group of Bama QBs, Mac Jones, Jalen Hurts, Tua, I have confidence in Bryce Young.

With the 17th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.....the Pittsburgh Steelers select......Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon. There's a lot that could happen here, TBH. Pittsburgh could go DB, could to O-line. We did sign Patty Pete but he's not here for the long haul. Wouldn't it be great to get someone to learn behind him for 2 years? On the other hand, it would be highly beneficial for the success of the team to get someone who can protect our young QB. Because Pitt has been a defensive team for much if it's entire history, I feel like they go defense again in the 1st, then address the O-line in the 2nd and 3rd. With 2 2nds, a 3rd and a 4th, we can address O-line with 1-2 of those picks.

In an ideal scenario, Pittsburgh would trade up, package up our first, one of our seconds and another pick to get an O-lineman in the first 12-15 picks. But I think there's a 2% chance of that happening because we'd have to trade with either Houston, Green Bay, New England or the Jets and Houston won't be trading, Green Bay and the Jets are probably done trading for a while after this Rodgers BS and I also don't know if it's 100% worth it to trade up 3 spots, so we're gonna be stationery at 17 and I think that's fine..

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young weighed in at 204 at the combine. Stroud was 214. The idea that Young is made of porcelain simply isn't accurate.
And didn't throw. I suspect he was bloated for the combine and back in shape for pro day.

If they measured wrist circumference that would give us a better sense of frame.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God bless you for linking that FaCe :pound:

I can see it now:

Goodell: "With the 5th overall pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select, defensive tackle, Jalen Carter, Georgia."
Analyst 1: "And pretty much expected here, Mike... Carter had Seattle written all over him. Carroll has worked and developed some off field concern characters before."
Analyst 2: "Yep, great point Tim. Some off field character concerns but no denying the talent. Carter could be a game changer."
Analyst 1 (Tim): "And let's go down to our floor woman Pam, who has some details on the pick!"
Pam: "Well Tim, the buzz is real and Seattle has secured themselves a future franchise defensive tackle to help a struggling defensive line. This just in, cheerleader applications have surged 391% in the last 2 minutes to apply to Seattle. Given Seattle's democratic and highly left stance, Seattle is already accommodating a new off and on the field cheerleader structure, with free benefits and condoms to be supplied by the taxpayers. Tim, back to you."
Analyst 1 (Tim): "Clearly amazing, Pam... clearly amazing. And now Detroit on the clock!"

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Parcels on the media just telling teams to draft franchise QBs

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided to only get stoned tonight.

Unless the Lions do something monumentally stupid with their #6 pick, like select a CB.

Then I'm going straight for the tequila.