• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL Competition Committee will be talking about replay on pass interference penalties

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would see a lot less completed down field passes as a result. Coaches would be telling their guys to foul if they are beat past 15.

This is the era of big offense. I'm sure the league doesn't want to see the equivalent of hack a Shaq.

Just make it a 15 yarder for PI as a standard but make it a spot foul if it is deemed intentional/flagrant. So if the guy runs into him a bit early while going for the ball = 15 yards, but if he grabs him while the WR is breaking away = spot foul (like it currently is).

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just give teams 3 challenges and let them decide what they want to challenge.

I do like the idea of a 15 yard penalty for PI. Make it a spot foul if it is less than 15 yards

I'd be fine with that. I'm tired of some QBs seemingly banking on a catch or a flag 40 yards down the field.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with that. I'm tired of some QBs seemingly banking on a catch or a flag 40 yards down the field.

coughcoughcoughcoughjoeflaccocoughcoughcough:nod:

Nobody runs the deep route with the reciever slowing up a step to cause the defender to run into them, then accelerates again while the ball is being air mailed rainbow style to the region than the Ravens.

When you watch their games you get at least 2 of those a game.

Hmm who was the leading beneficiary in PI calls this year?:clap:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make it a 15 yarder for PI as a standard but make it a spot foul if it is deemed intentional/flagrant. So if the guy runs into him a bit early while going for the ball = 15 yards, but if he grabs him while the WR is breaking away = spot foul (like it currently is).

I could live with that solution because sometimes it's pretty tacky tack and the refs put it at the one. This would be a little fairer...give the refs the option. I guess defensive holding and 5 works pretty similar to this...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about if the we is taken to the ground its a spot foul. Ricky tack contact should be 10 yards.