• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL Appears to be Higher on JJ McCarthy than the General Public; NFC Team has him QB2 in the Draft

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I think this will be a HUGE QB bust year. I'm happy to come back and eat crow if this isn't th
This is a VERY weak draft class for top tier talent. This is a trade down draft class IMO.
I agree with the second idea that for most position groups you want to trade down. Not sure I'd touch the QB depth in this class with a 10ft poll. There might be 1 who makes it but what are the odds of your team drafting him?

I personally think Harrison Jr, Nabers, Caleb Williams, and Drake Maye are the elite prospects when factoring in positional value. Maybe I add a couple more when I look at the class deeper. Drafting QBs is always risky, though. Every year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it seems pundits are forcing McCarthy a bit, the familiar "upside" prospect. He plays on a loaded team that rarely leans on him to be a difference maker. Take Roman Wilson as an example. He was a day 3 prospect in most rankings based on game film, and has likely jumped multiple rounds based on his Senior Bowl week (getting out from under that Michigan offensive scheme). This isn't some prospect that was hidden at a low level school, he was on the national championship team. The Michigan passing game is an afterthought in comparison to their running game and defense, so the passing game prospects lack exposure and good game film.

After the top 3 QB prospects, the rest are overaged guys that don't aren't moving the needle much (and there is plenty of game film to expose their weaknesses). It seems like they are forcing McCarthy into being a top prospect out of necessity. Sure, he could end up being a good pro QB, but he's going to take time and development. Any team that has him at #2 isn't in position to draft him at #2 (or would even risk starting him immediately).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I think this will be a HUGE QB bust year. I'm happy to come back and eat crow if this isn't the case, but I think Williams is MASSIVELY overrated, Daniels will be injured, Maye came out of nowhere... and then Bo Nix and Penix will be backup QBs. McCarthy? Might as well be Jimmy GPRORORORAORRL 2.0.

This is a VERY weak draft class for top tier talent. This is a trade down draft class IMO.

Seems like an interesting take, given your preferred NFL team and their recent starting QBs. How did you value Russell Wilson and Geno Smith as prospects?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like an interesting take, given your preferred NFL team and their recent starting QBs. How did you value Russell Wilson and Geno Smith as prospects?

Fair point. I didn't like the Russell pick. Geno I was kind of indifferent on.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I think this will be a HUGE QB bust year. I'm happy to come back and eat crow if this isn't the case, but I think Williams is MASSIVELY overrated, Daniels will be injured, Maye came out of nowhere... and then Bo Nix and Penix will be backup QBs. McCarthy? Might as well be Jimmy GPRORORORAORRL 2.0.

Yep. Just save your draft capitol for next year's QB class in Carson Beck and I guess Jalen Milroe
Solid plan :thumb:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. I didn't like the Russell pick. Geno I was kind of indifferent on.
Very unlikely that all the QB's will be busts. I would take one or maybe two being franchise guys or solid starting QB's.

There will also be that guy being overvalued big time and a team reaches for with pre draft hype. A guy that seems to be a decent starting QB but with limited upside-I think this could be McCarthy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Just save your draft capitol for next year's QB class in Carson Beck and I guess Jalen Milroe
Solid plan :thumb:
I'm sure a guy will emerge but there is no comparison. Next years' class is dogshit compared to this one.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2025 - Shadeur, Beck, Allar, Ewers

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it seems pundits are forcing McCarthy a bit, the familiar "upside" prospect. He plays on a loaded team that rarely leans on him to be a difference maker. Take Roman Wilson as an example. He was a day 3 prospect in most rankings based on game film, and has likely jumped multiple rounds based on his Senior Bowl week (getting out from under that Michigan offensive scheme). This isn't some prospect that was hidden at a low level school, he was on the national championship team. The Michigan passing game is an afterthought in comparison to their running game and defense, so the passing game prospects lack exposure and good game film.

After the top 3 QB prospects, the rest are overaged guys that don't aren't moving the needle much (and there is plenty of game film to expose their weaknesses). It seems like they are forcing McCarthy into being a top prospect out of necessity. Sure, he could end up being a good pro QB, but he's going to take time and development. Any team that has him at #2 isn't in position to draft him at #2 (or would even risk starting him immediately).
This
This is mostly a setup just to say "We got the steal of the draft", "He was always our guy" at the end of the rd 1 :rolleyes2:

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2025 - Shadeur, Beck, Allar, Ewers

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC