• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The next head coach

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for before 1979. The next coach must be from Detroit. Only a person from Detroit can sufficiently relay to a team what the fuck we've done wrong during my 37 years on earth.

Time after time we get fucked and yet stoich Caldwell is standing over there letting his players have to get angry and get fouls. After the 1st Bolden PF he should have been having a coniption-fit on the sidelines.

The facemask on the TD (2nd straight week)
The sideline Elbow before the first Bolden PF
The non hold/pass interference call against Tate
The Ngata PF
The 2nd Boldin PF was a joke
The non pass interference call on the deep ball to Jones
The roughing the passer (shot to the shoulder)
Etc...

The Lions suck don't get me wrong, we suck, but if the coach didn't stand on the sidelines mitionless like an asshole then maybe we wouldn't get calls aginst us undeserved. Or the other team might get some of those bad calls too.

Caldwell just doesn't have the passion required to be the coach of a horrible franchise.

Go Lions!

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before gandydancer chimes in and says it happens to everyone... I would like to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one that knows NON-CALLS PLAY A FACTOR IN DICTATING A GAME!!!

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell needs to go. He doesn't do anything as a coach. He doesn't challenge when he should and he apparently doesn't teach tackling, cuz this team can't tackle a dummy. Purse snatcher anyone :trash:

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs a hard nosed head coach. One that won't take shit and one that has accountability. If u can't tackle u r sitting, if u can't catch the ball, u sit. U can't cover, u sit. No more with trying to make the big hit, just wrap up and tackle.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell needs to go. He doesn't do anything as a coach. He doesn't challenge when he should and he apparently doesn't teach tackling, cuz this team can't tackle a dummy. Purse snatcher anyone :trash:

The irony is this team some how led the league in tackling (as of week 16).

I think it was many easy passes with Lions defensers in position to make the sure tackle ( usually 10+ yards down field)

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls rushed for well over 100 yards, mostly due to missed tackles. Imagine that lol

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love how the Lions can go 6-2 after Martha Firestone Ford says she wants wins and finishing the season with a 7-9 record. Rod Wood putting Caldwell on the hot seat for a winning season or else. Jan 4 2017 reported by ESPN "The Lions said this morning that Caldwell's job is not in jeopardy once the season ends."

There's no love for the Lions fan base... bend over, even Matt Millen can get another job.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of candidates for head coach, and even Millen getting another job... The Detroit Lions allowed opposing QB's to complete 70+% of their passes and average sometjing like 106+ QB rating. As in a worse defense than even our 0-16 team. This defense allowed other teams to have or take a 4th quarter lead in 16 of our 17 games.

And Teryll Austin the defense coordinator responsible for that is a leading candidate for at least one current HC vacancy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of candidates for head coach, and even Millen getting another job... The Detroit Lions allowed opposing QB's to complete 70+% of their passes and average sometjing like 106+ QB rating. As in a worse defense than even our 0-16 team. This defense allowed other teams to have or take a 4th quarter lead in 16 of our 17 games.

And Teryll Austin the defense coordinator responsible for that is a leading candidate for at least one current HC vacancy.

Not hard to be behind when the offense is barely scoring in the teens on average. The defense changed to bend dont break zone nonsense because of lack of talent and depth. They did well points wise for what they had to work with. The offense has less excuse as they still had a decent amount of talent. Game plans were terrible all year too.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially on board with the Dump Caldwell ASAP bandwagon here. Last night was the last straw. That team just wasn't prepared mentally or physically. That's on the coach. Half of them looked like they didn't want to be there.. between the half-assed attempts at tackles and alligator armed receivers looking around for everything but the ball. The play calling was ridiculous... what in the f'ing hell was that 4th down call ? Who is Matthew Mulligan and why was he even on the field as eligible much less catching a pass 2 yards behind the LOS ? Just get rid of JC. Tell him never mind, they decided to give him a nice long paid vacation next season instead.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially on board with the Dump Caldwell ASAP bandwagon here. Last night was the last straw. That team just wasn't prepared mentally or physically. That's on the coach. Half of them looked like they didn't want to be there.. between the half-assed attempts at tackles and alligator armed receivers looking around for everything but the ball. The play calling was ridiculous... what in the f'ing hell was that 4th down call ? Who is Matthew Mulligan and why was he even on the field as eligible much less catching a pass 2 yards behind the LOS ? Just get rid of JC. Tell him never mind, they decided to give him a nice long paid vacation next season instead.

I have to admit, I would like to see his face when that happens. For some reason I feel like I can already picture exactly what his reaction would look like.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finish cleaning house Martha.

They showed Martha a couple times. She didn't look impressed.
I think Martha has a much shorter fuse for losses and bullshit. Old man Ford was loyal too much.
This off-season should be interesting.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like when people play the "no heart" card. I think it's a cheap and lazy analysis usually. But last night the lack of effort and commitment by way too many guys seemed obvious to me. I'm still a little pissed about it. At least look as if you're trying. Wrong thread or whatever... file it under still pissed.