• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The newer footy thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First UEFA final this year and Roma fans tried to kill the ref, second UEFA final and Fiorentina & West Ham fans are brawling in the streets.

Good thing the Champions League Final is between the good mild-mannered fans of Man City and Inter...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
First UEFA final this year and Roma fans tried to kill the ref, second UEFA final and Fiorentina & West Ham fans are brawling in the streets.

Good thing the Champions League Final is between the good mild-mannered fans of Man City and Inter...

I was in Budapest last week while the Roma / Seville game was played.
the game was on at 9PM local time, and folks were getting fucking PLASTERED by 11am.
glad i moved back out to the suburbs by evening.

didn't hear about any incidents, but Hungarian police do not fuck around.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Budapest last week while the Roma / Seville game was played.
the game was on at 9PM local time, and folks were getting fucking PLASTERED by 11am.
glad i moved back out to the suburbs by evening.

didn't hear about any incidents, but Hungarian police do not fuck around.
I know a lot of these nuts travel just to fight but imagine spending a fortune for a ticket/flight/hotel/food and you sit down at a bar to have a drink or two before the game, like a reasonable person, and this shit breaks out next to you and you can't escape the rubber bullets and tear gas. That has to suck so bad.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always fun to remember the 2003 UEFA Cup final where Celtic lost to Porto 3-2 in extra time but the Celtic fans were lauded to the point where UEFA gave them a god damn award just because there was so fucking many of them who travelled for the game and they didn't burn Seville to the ground. They even have their own Wikipedia entry for it lol The Bhoys from Seville - Wikipedia

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back in the 90s I went to watch Sparta Prague vs Fiorentina in Prague for a European Cup-Winners Cup quarterfinal. We couldn't believe how cheap the tickets were but when we got to our seats we were the last four in the Prague end before the metal fence separating us from the Italian fans. Those guys were crazy - setting off flares and whipping the fence with metal chains (don't know how they got those in to the ground). We moved away a few seats and it wasn't too bad. Until half time, when all the Czech hooligans moved from other parts of the ground into the area where we were and five minutes later followed by the riot police. Great atmosphere overall but a bit scary for us innocent neutrals.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I know a lot of these nuts travel just to fight but imagine spending a fortune for a ticket/flight/hotel/food and you sit down at a bar to have a drink or two before the game, like a reasonable person, and this shit breaks out next to you and you can't escape the rubber bullets and tear gas. That has to suck so bad.
these yahoos were taking over every coffee shop, restaurant and pub in the downtown Pest district.
was interesting at first as they would break into song, but then the other group would try to outdo them, and you could sense it starting to escalate.

ironically, the only place we found some peace and quiet was at probably the best sports bar in town. The stairs down into it were a bit of a sobriety test, so that likely kept them all out. We told some British tourists (bought tickets long ago expecting good things from whatever their local team was decided to take the trip anyway) about the place and they were ever so grateful.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was talk about Davies maybe headed to Real earlier this week and now Bayern’s signed a starting-caliber LB…

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the 90s I went to watch Sparta Prague vs Fiorentina in Prague for a European Cup-Winners Cup quarterfinal. We couldn't believe how cheap the tickets were but when we got to our seats we were the last four in the Prague end before the metal fence separating us from the Italian fans. Those guys were crazy - setting off flares and whipping the fence with metal chains (don't know how they got those in to the ground). We moved away a few seats and it wasn't too bad. Until half time, when all the Czech hooligans moved from other parts of the ground into the area where we were and five minutes later followed by the riot police. Great atmosphere overall but a bit scary for us innocent neutrals.

Ultra crazy

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much I buy this and how much his agent was maybe lying to him. Barca didn’t buy any full backs that off-season though they did buy Dest a year later. If it’s true it’s colossally stupid.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Grealish has given Ovechkin good run for his money for “most fucked up an athlete’s ever gotten after winning a championship.”