• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new standard in baseball

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound like the Jordan Rules. It seems as if they were then willed to LeBron......

Jordan ruined the game back then and the same lose rules apply for all-stars like LeBron.

whenever Jordan drove to the basket, they called a foul on the defense for breathing.

his stats are tainted if you ask me.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL What about the Pirates?
I don't detest the Pirates. They were my underdog pick last year and would've liked to see them go all the way. Of course, I hate the Dodgers. I fucking hate the Dodgers. Gawd, I hate the Dodgers. I tolerate the A's except for last year when their fans seemed exceptionally shitty.
Truth is, almost my whole family is 49er fans and they're pretty intolerable with their arrogance. I think that's part of the reason I started liking the Steelers. I had an older cousin who had one of their t-shirts and I decided that would be my team. Funny thing is- it's over 15 years later and I saw a pic of him on FB and he's now a niner fan. Fuckface.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headline in Denver Post

Fox vs. Belichik: Good guy vs. Grump

seriously? is that a high school newspaper?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headline in Denver Post

Fox vs. Belichik: Good guy vs. Grump

seriously? is that a high school newspaper?

LOL Yesterday I posted a Shaunassy piece from the Boston Globe in a thread on the NFL board. He basically called Fox a "goof", so perhaps a more neutral headline would read "Goof v. Grump".

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Post online has really gone down hill in the past few years. Same with the Houston Chronicle. I suspect that is part of a broader trend.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shaughnessy is a buffoon

but a damn good writer

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shaughnessy is a buffoon

but a damn good writer

He wrote some interesting stuff in the piece that I mentioned, in which he predicts a Broncos win. :suds:
He mistakenly, in my opinion, claims that the Pats biggest weapon is the Broncos' "self doubt" :L That seems to grossly overlook the value of BB, Brady, and Blount. If he is right, however, then at least the good guys should previal quite easily! :suds:

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that only one of 37 votes cast in the "most annoying fans" poll is for the Broncos. I have frequently been annoyed with Broncos fans on message boards over the years!

I based my vote on what I have to deal with in real life. The Seattle fans here are a bit overbearing, but living in the Bay Area, I see asshole 9er fans everywhere. You should see these assclowns on facebook! i already hate fb, but this shit is just too much. Especially girls trying to prove they are so smart about football. I always try to avoid being "that girl". I only know three Denver fans in real life and two of them have exceptionally redeeming qualities (even though I received a video of the Tebow to Thomas catch about 3 times a week well into baseball season from one of them). I like Boston fans in general, just not a fan of the Pats because I'm a hater.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I based my vote on what I have to deal with in real life. The Seattle fans here are a bit overbearing, but living in the Bay Area, I see asshole 9er fans everywhere. You should see these assclowns on facebook! i already hate fb, but this shit is just too much. Especially girls trying to prove they are so smart about football. I always try to avoid being "that girl". I only know three Denver fans in real life and two of them have exceptionally redeeming qualities (even though I received a video of the Tebow to Thomas catch about 3 times a week well into baseball season from one of them). I like Boston fans in general, just not a fan of the Pats because I'm a hater.

Several very funny things in that post, so I simply highlighted the one I found funniest!

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, How the hell is Trout going to be the first player to get $500,000? I think you mean $500MM.

since when does $500M = $500k ?? your math is twiztid

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case Johnny is around somewhere -

NEW YORK -- Mets closer Bobby Parnell, who underwent Sept. 10 surgery to repair a herniated disk in his neck, indicated Thursday that he expects to be ready for Opening Day without issue.
Parnell, 29, arrived at the Mets' spring training complex in Port St. Lucie, Fla., this week to ramp up activities under the supervision of team personnel. That is well ahead of the official Feb. 15 report date for pitchers and catchers.

Parnell was examined in California in late December by Dr. Robert Watkins, the surgeon who performed the closer's procedure. Parnell was fully cleared for baseball activities during that examination.
"I've been throwing for several weeks now, taking it nice and easy," Parnell said. "… I'm getting into the baseball activities slowly, and with some professional eyes on me.
"From talking to the surgeon, he's given me the full release for baseball activities. He said, 'Just take your time getting ready and be smart about it.' That's why I came to Florida early -- to have the eyes on me, to make sure we're doing it the right way, to be smart about it."
Parnell, who converted 22 of 26 save chances last season before being shut down for the season on July 30, is expected to return to the closer's role. In reality, the Mets do not currently have viable alternatives, with the possible exception of right-handed reliever Vic Black.
"In my head I feel like I'm still the closer," Parnell said. "I'll go along with that until told otherwise. I feel healthy."
Parnell said he hasn't been able to do any offseason weight training while recovering.
"Obviously, I haven't been able to lift weights like I would have in years' past," Parnell said. "I can't get under a squat bar, obviously, so I have to be creative in the way that I work my legs. Running -- the impact, early -- might aggravate it. I have to slowly progress into that.
"The last two months I would have been in the weight room several times a week and would have been a little bit in better shape coming down here. But with the injury and everything, I knew that it was a possibility I wouldn't be in the shape I would have liked to have been coming into spring training. So that's why I'm here early."
Parnell said team officials' reports that he lost as much as 30 pounds were overstated. He said he never got lower than 195 pounds and is now back up to his normal weight of 207-208 pounds.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was ever aware of this, I had long forgotten -

A lawsuit against Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun survived largely intact Wednesday when a Wisconsin judge said a former Braun associate may proceed with accusations of defamation, infliction of emotional distress and fraud.
Braun and his agents, Creative Artists Agency, had moved to dismiss the lawsuit filed in July by longtime Braun friend Ralph Sasson, 29, a law student.
Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge Paul R. Van Grunsven dismissed seven of the 12 counts but let stand Sasson's charges relating to defamation and libel, negligent infliction of emotional distress and fraudulent misrepresentation. Braun, a former National League MVP, served a 65-game suspension for violating baseball's drug policy last season after he was connected to Biogenesis clinic founder Tony Bosch.
Sasson said he was contacted by Braun's agent, Nez Balelo, in November 2011 after Braun was notified that he had tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone. Part of his assignment, he said, was to conduct research on the man who collected Braun's urine sample, Dino Laurenzi Jr., to whom Braun later apologized.
Sasson accused Braun of violating a confidentiality agreement they signed after Sasson assisted with Braun's successful appeal of a positive steroid test in 2011. Sasson said Braun defamed him to mutual acquaintances, thus violating the agreement and causing emotional distress.
Reached Thursday, Sasson, who is representing himself, said he does not intend to settle the case. In a statement, he said, "While I am pleased with yesterday's outcome, it is merely a first step in the long and arduous process of holding Ryan Braun, Nez Balelo and Creative Artists Agency accountable for their fraudulent actions and flagrant misconduct. As such, my primary goal at this juncture is to avoid any procedural missteps and take this matter to trial."
A spokesman for Braun did not immediately return a request for comment Thursday.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another part of my childhood is gone -

Russell Johnson, best known for playing the brainy Professor on Gilligan's Island, has died, E! News confirms. He was 89 and the last surviving male star from the classic 1960s sitcom—which famously listed all of its characters in the more well-known version of its iconic opening theme song.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case Johnny is around somewhere -

NEW YORK -- Mets closer Bobby Parnell, who underwent Sept. 10 surgery to repair a herniated disk in his neck, indicated Thursday that he expects to be ready for Opening Day without issue.
Parnell, 29, arrived at the Mets' spring training complex in Port St. Lucie, Fla., this week to ramp up activities under the supervision of team personnel. That is well ahead of the official Feb. 15 report date for pitchers and catchers.

Parnell was examined in California in late December by Dr. Robert Watkins, the surgeon who performed the closer's procedure. Parnell was fully cleared for baseball activities during that examination.
"I've been throwing for several weeks now, taking it nice and easy," Parnell said. "… I'm getting into the baseball activities slowly, and with some professional eyes on me.
"From talking to the surgeon, he's given me the full release for baseball activities. He said, 'Just take your time getting ready and be smart about it.' That's why I came to Florida early -- to have the eyes on me, to make sure we're doing it the right way, to be smart about it."
Parnell, who converted 22 of 26 save chances last season before being shut down for the season on July 30, is expected to return to the closer's role. In reality, the Mets do not currently have viable alternatives, with the possible exception of right-handed reliever Vic Black.
"In my head I feel like I'm still the closer," Parnell said. "I'll go along with that until told otherwise. I feel healthy."
Parnell said he hasn't been able to do any offseason weight training while recovering.
"Obviously, I haven't been able to lift weights like I would have in years' past," Parnell said. "I can't get under a squat bar, obviously, so I have to be creative in the way that I work my legs. Running -- the impact, early -- might aggravate it. I have to slowly progress into that.
"The last two months I would have been in the weight room several times a week and would have been a little bit in better shape coming down here. But with the injury and everything, I knew that it was a possibility I wouldn't be in the shape I would have liked to have been coming into spring training. So that's why I'm here early."
Parnell said team officials' reports that he lost as much as 30 pounds were overstated. He said he never got lower than 195 pounds and is now back up to his normal weight of 207-208 pounds.

You know i'm still here, just lurking around the boards :)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we actually let Parnell go, I trust Black as the closer, but I like them together as an 8-9 punch!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid human tricks -

:L:L:L

Yahoo!

Part 2 -

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A trio of would-be Massachusetts car thieves had to hit the brakes on their plan because none of them knew how to drive a stick.
Police in Springfield say the men pulled a knife on a food delivery driver Tuesday night and demanded the grub and his keys. But then they noticed the car had a manual transmission.
Sgt. John Delaney tells The Republican newspaper (Springfield police: Would-be carjackers thwarted by manual transmission | masslive.com) the thieves argued among themselves then ran down the street with their ill-gotten dinner.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part 2 -

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A trio of would-be Massachusetts car thieves had to hit the brakes on their plan because none of them knew how to drive a stick.
Police in Springfield say the men pulled a knife on a food delivery driver Tuesday night and demanded the grub and his keys. But then they noticed the car had a manual transmission.
Sgt. John Delaney tells The Republican newspaper (Springfield police: Would-be carjackers thwarted by manual transmission | masslive.com) the thieves argued among themselves then ran down the street with their ill-gotten dinner.

:lol: fucking idiots. :L:scratch: