• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the guy who wore a helmet out of fear of (more) head injuries from a soccer ball, right?
It's a bit unfair to say that he wore it to protect himself from soccer balls. Kinda like it would be unfair to say that Clint Malarchuk started wearing a neck guard to protect himself against pucks.

Cech was the guy who wore a helmet to protect the metal plate that was put into his head after he was almost killed by a knee on a reckless challenge.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bit unfair to say that he wore it to protect himself from soccer balls. Kinda like it would be unfair to say that Clint Malarchuk started wearing a neck guard to protect himself against pucks.

Cech was the guy who wore a helmet to protect the metal plate that was put into his head after he was almost killed by a knee on a reckless challenge.
I remember watching that game live and I don't recall it being a reckless challenge certainly not something that warranted a card at least. It was against Reading and it was a freak play if I remember correctly.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, I don't feel too high and mighty beating a minnow that couldn't even make the last World Cup.

Meh ... they hadnt beaten them in 30 plus years. Sure the US are crud but then again TSN called the US the “concacaf goliath” lol

Jeez ... such a “big” game and they couldnt even bother televising it :L

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh ... they hadnt beaten them in 30 plus years. Sure the US are crud but then again TSN called the US the “concacaf goliath” lol

Jeez ... such a “big” game and they couldnt even bother televising it :L
Lol I thought the snark in my comment would be obvious. This is a great win!

/I was at the Leaf game last night but I can’t believe they didn’t televise this. What, all 10 TSN/SN channels were showing pivotal sports?

//I see the sports nets we’re already roasted after this post lol

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching that game live and I don't recall it being a reckless challenge certainly not something that warranted a card at least. It was against Reading and it was a freak play if I remember correctly.
I think it was definitely reckless. It was late, he seemed to make very little effort to avoid him, and totally unnecessary because it was 20 seconds into the game.

That same exact play nowadays with the increased focus on head injuries and goalie protection is a straight red.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a manager bitch to the refs start to finish in a match but Klopp seems to be trying to be the first. Give it a rest, man.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what is Insigne doing on the bench?!?

/Nice winner in Champions League yesterday

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southampton may want to bring back Krueger after today’s performance

Status
Not open for further replies.