• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The New Big 12, if things go as rumored

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Louisville use to be good. If they could get back to that level then who knows. I think Boise State is a better add then Louisville though. Louisville isn't close to the Big12, they would be odd team out

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North = BYU, Air Force, Louisville, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State

South = Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor

Per something I read on ESPN this morning, Air Force ain't happening. The AD likes the money but he also knows he can't compete and has already told the Big 12 no.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There really isn't anyone to stick in Big12 North to make it stronger. The region is just devoid of talent and good teams. Even when Nebraska was in it, they had to go all over the nation to get recruits.

KSU and Missouri at times have done well getting Texas talent and Missouri probably has the best recruits in the region but it is still hard to imagine Big12 North competing unless OU is stuck up there.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville use to be good. If they could get back to that level then who knows. I think Boise State is a better add then Louisville though. Louisville isn't close to the Big12, they would be odd team out

Whaa.....????

Maybe you should take some lessons in geography.

And Louisville is a MUCH better add than BSU....it really isn't close. Louisville at least generates money in their basketball program. BSU doesn't make the conference any money anywhere. And Louisville has the chance to improve in football. BSU doesn't add anything in terms of money, all they do is split the pie further.

Not sure what you're thinking here pal......but there are a lot of reasons why NOBODY has pursued BSU.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per something I read on ESPN this morning, Air Force ain't happening. The AD likes the money but he also knows he can't compete and has already told the Big 12 no.

Good. The whole thing was surprising to me anyway. It was kind of hard to believe that Air Force was an option.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance they'd split up a little differently? Like East West maybe? Okie in the east, Tejas in the West? Vice versa?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance they'd split up a little differently? Like East West maybe? Okie in the east, Tejas in the West? Vice versa?

That would probably give OU-Texas twice a year most seasons though because the RRSO isn't going anywhere. But that problem is built into split divisions which is a reason I don't care for it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No idea. I guess it really depends on what Mizzou does, but at this point, the Big 12 should just kick them out.

Louisville, WVU (i have no idea why) are on deck. Personally I'd rather we went after someone like UNLV or Nevada or New Mexico

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whaa.....????

Maybe you should take some lessons in geography.

And Louisville is a MUCH better add than BSU....it really isn't close. Louisville at least generates money in their basketball program. BSU doesn't make the conference any money anywhere. And Louisville has the chance to improve in football. BSU doesn't add anything in terms of money, all they do is split the pie further.

Not sure what you're thinking here pal......but there are a lot of reasons why NOBODY has pursued BSU.

Louisville is in Kentucky which touches Missouri a little bit but is mostly far East of the Big12. Louisville will be the only team east of the Mississippi River.

BSU would make the conference a little bit of money but at least they are a WESTERN team and are West of the Mississippi river. Yeah, I know they are far away but still kind of in your region. Louisville is in B1G/SEC Country.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville is in Kentucky which touches Missouri a little bit but is mostly far East of the Big12. Louisville will be the only team east of the Mississippi River.

BSU would make the conference a little bit of money but at least they are a WESTERN team and are West of the Mississippi river. Yeah, I know they are far away but still kind of in your region. Louisville is in B1G/SEC Country.

Kentucky neighbors Missouri.

I'm not happy about ANY of the Big 12 options for expansion, but Louisville adds more to the conference than BSU.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville isn't a bad take. Their average football attendance has been going up, even over the last few years as they've sagged pretty badly in performance. They bring some year round prestige with basketball.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think Memphis is a bad get, either. Football attendance is terrible right now, and apparently the city is pretty trashy, but Fred Smith is willing to put money into the conference to make up for what Memphis doesn't immediately provide. And again they bring some prestige to basketball and take a little travel stress off of Louisville and Mizzou, assuming the Big 12 can keep Mizzou.

But I think you have to make sure you don't split north-south.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think Memphis is a bad get, either. Football attendance is terrible right now, and apparently the city is pretty trashy, but Fred Smith is willing to put money into the conference to make up for what Memphis doesn't immediately provide. And again they bring some prestige to basketball and take a little travel stress off of Louisville and Mizzou, assuming the Big 12 can keep Mizzou.

But I think you have to make sure you don't split north-south.

I see Memphis getting into the Big East with their old rivals.