• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The never discussed issue of the disappearing Joe Burrow in the 4th quarter of postseason games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Eagles clearly had a better backfield, and I don’t agree that Mixon is better than Sanders - Mixon struggled for a lot of last season. Sanders rushed for over 1,200 yards, Mixon only rushed for 814, and Sanders had more TDs and more yards per carry. The Eagles had more depth as well with Gainwell and Scott, the Bengals only had Perine. Burrow does produce points, and Burrow has averaged a lot more passing yards per game than Hurts in the playoffs, Hurts averaged under 200 passing yards per game in last seasons playoffs and that includes his 300 yard passing game in the Super Bowl.
I think both Burrow and Hurts are elite QB’s but I think Burrow is slightly better overall and is the better passer.
I think those numbers are more a product of the fact that Cincinnati’s OL was a bottom half OL while the Eagles OL was one of the best in the game. Mixon catches the ball better than Sanders and is more of a 3 down back. I think if Sanders and Mixon switched teams last year Mixon would have done more with his opportunities than Sanders would with his opportunities with the Bengals because that OL is subpar.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mod came to me. You’re a liar. He essentially said you’re a bitter old man and that I should be the bigger man and ignore you.

And what does that have to do with you constantly following my posts like a little lost puppy dog?
Sure thing....Coach

Follow you?
You need me to pull up the September 2022 thread when you arrived from the Political board? You insulted me from day one,your problem is you get pissed when volley is returned.

Stay hard

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing about Jalen is that is he is always and constantly improving. He's only 24 and Burrow is 26. He's already locked in and Burrow is going to get even a bigger contract to result in less cap space for the Bengals to keep even less of the great players on his team around compared to the Eagles.

Bengals are in a run right now. One might say they are also in a window. It's a total rare occurrence for that franchise. Meanwhile the Eagles are one of the best run franchises for the last 2+ decades with one of, if not the best GM in the league. Jalen is going to thrive. Jalen is going to flip the unthinkable conversation about Mahomes in 3 years when Jalen wins the next 2 Super Bowls over Mahomes and wins at least 1 MVP that Jalen blows No Show (in the 4th) Joe out of the water and suddenly the conversation is him and Mahomes. And Jalen is looked at as the best QB.

Burrow might never. Great QB but he gets beat to shit in Cinci. They don't know how to build and develop an offensive line. He will have a short Andrew Luck style career. Meanwhile I look at Jalen and I see a young but very much evolved for the new generation Tom Brady. I don't think Jalen plays until he is 45 but I think he continues to improve and evolve, especially as a passer to where he is a top level QB in this league until 38 at least.

1690047581330.png

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware of these stats.

Outside of arguing against QBwinz magic being a thing, I fail to see the utility of these stats.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One big bit can't change everything for QBs who mostly stay in the pocket? Joe Burrow tore his ACL on a bad hit he took in the pocket.

You must have missed the part of my comment where I said scrambling QB's take more hits than pocket passers.

But go ahead and disagree. It would be funny.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think as a running QB Hurts could be better next year than Burrow for sure but five years from now I'd be stunned if Hurts was as good as Burrow

Between the two I'd take Burrow to have the better season. Him & Chase are a great combo.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Eagles clearly had a better backfield, and I don’t agree that Mixon is better than Sanders - Mixon struggled for a lot of last season. Sanders rushed for over 1,200 yards, Mixon only rushed for 814, and Sanders had more TDs and more yards per carry. The Eagles had more depth as well with Gainwell and Scott, the Bengals only had Perine. Burrow does produce points, and Burrow has averaged a lot more passing yards per game than Hurts in the playoffs, Hurts averaged under 200 passing yards per game in last seasons playoffs and that includes his 300 yard passing game in the Super Bowl.
I think both Burrow and Hurts are elite QB’s but I think Burrow is slightly better overall and is the better passer.

The Eagles blew out the Giants and 49ers. The Eagles passed to take the early lead and then just leaned on their run game to cruise the rest pf the way so of course the passing yards would be down.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles blew out the Giants and 49ers. The Eagles passed to take the early lead and then just leaned on their run game to cruise the rest pf the way so of course the passing yards would be down.
It doesn’t change the fact that Burrow’s passing numbers are better than Hurts’. Burrow is the superior passer.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware of these stats.

Outside of arguing against QBwinz magic being a thing, I fail to see the utility of these stats.

QB has the most impact on the outcome of a game our of any position in the game. They absolutely impact winning and losing.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t change the fact that Burrow’s passing numbers are better than Hurts’. Burrow is the superior passer.

Doesn't mean shit if he isn't getting it done in crunch time.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB has the most impact on the outcome of a game our of any position in the game. They absolutely impact winning and losing.
Burrow's stats the past two years- holistically- are competitive, at minimum, with pretty much every QB in the NFL except Mahomes.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how he uses postseason.
Point is in the superbowl Burrow & his OC played with the lead the whole 2nd half minus that last minute. Now I may not agree on just sitting on a lead trying to protect it, but most OCs do.
RTK wants to use 4th qtr as his crutch.
The Eagles were behind the whole 4th qtr forcing them to get as much offense as possible. Couldnt waste the clock.

RTK is a special kinda guy LOL

I would take Burrow all day every day over Hurts.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is in the superbowl Burrow & his OC played with the lead the whole 2nd half minus that last minute. Now I may not agree on just sitting on a lead trying to protect it, but most OCs do.
The Eagles were behind the whole 4th qtr forcing them to get as much offense as possible. Couldnt waste the clock.

FWIW, the past two years in the postseason with at least 50 snaps:

ADJ EPA/Play:

Stafford: .332
Mahomes: .329
Purdy: .309
Allen: .278
Hurts: .112
Burrow: .100
Jones: .107
Carr: .105
Prescott: .087
Garroppolo: .017
Lawrence: .003

Not sure a Hurts fan should be crying foul over another QB's iffy postseason stats.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the past two years in the postseason with at least 50 snaps:

ADJ EPA/Play:

Stafford: .332
Purdy: .309
Allen: .278
Hurts: .112
Jones: .107
Carr: .105
Prescott: .087
Garroppolo: .017
Lawrence: .003

Not sure a Hurts fan should be crying foul over another QB's iffy postseason stats.
well to be fair to both.
they usually played with leads so offenses often falter protecting a lead.
The part I found interesting. Is when Hurts had to come from behind. He lost.

So lets see how he does this year.
A. DCs got an offseason to prepare for this new Hurts,
B. Dont think the Eagles (whole team) will play with a lead 95% of the time (or whatever astounding stat it was last year) So lets see how he reacts to coming from behind.

All of these are already answered with Burrow.

Now this isnt haterade. Hurts might very well come out smelling like roses, but for the moment. It still remains to be seen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow's stats the past two years- holistically- are competitive, at minimum, with pretty much every QB in the NFL except Mahomes.
Actually they are competitive with Mahomes the last two years

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

everyone would

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they are competitive with Mahomes the last two years

Regular Season 2021-22 and 2022-23 season: Adjusted EPA/Play

Mahomes: .269
Burrow: .198

Postseason:

Combined:

Mahomes: .277
Burrow: .180

Career + Postseason:

Mahomes: .305
Burrow: .170

I think it's very, very straightforward.