• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The never discussed issue of the disappearing Joe Burrow in the 4th quarter of postseason games.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running QB's always are a concern to me.

They're exciting to watch.

But one big hit can change everything. Scrambling/running QB's take extra hits pocket passers don't.

One big bit can't change everything for QBs who mostly stay in the pocket? Joe Burrow tore his ACL on a bad hit he took in the pocket.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldn't. None of those stats were compiled with Jalen playing RB. Those were yards and TDs earned by Jalen playing QB.
No, he was a RB and a damn good one. I think if you guys drafted a decent QB and played Hurts at RB you'd have a chance to win the NFCE this year

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldn't. None of those stats were compiled with Jalen playing RB. Those were yards and TDs earned by Jalen playing QB.
The Ravens has had one of the best "running games" in the league. Large in part because of Lamars running stats. Not because of his QB stats.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running QB's always are a concern to me.

They're exciting to watch.

But one big hit can change everything. Scrambling/running QB's take extra hits pocket passers don't.
Yeah, I think as a running QB Hurts could be better next year than Burrow for sure but five years from now I'd be stunned if Hurts was as good as Burrow

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that would be including RB stats. That's for a different discussion, but I agree with you that Hurts is a better RB than QB
RB stats? Stop. Ask any DC about stopping a running QB that can hurt you in the pocket as well. It’s a nightmare that puts defensive personnel in a responsibility bind on nearly every play. I get it. Rivalry talk. But is it worth looking dumb with your football opinion? Hurts legs are absolutely a weapon and a piece of what makes him a top notch QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB stats? Stop. Ask any DC about stopping a running QB that can hurt you in the pocket as well. It’s a nightmare that puts defensive personnel in a responsibility bind on nearly every play. I get it. Rivalry talk. But is it worth looking dumb with your football opinion? Hurts legs are absolutely a weapon and a piece of what makes him a top notch QB.
Like I said. A great RB. Definitely a weapon

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think as a running QB Hurts could be better next year than Burrow for sure but five years from now I'd be stunned if Hurts was as good as Burrow

Thing about Jalen is that is he is always and constantly improving. He's only 24 and Burrow is 26. He's already locked in and Burrow is going to get even a bigger contract to result in less cap space for the Bengals to keep even less of the great players on his team around compared to the Eagles.

Bengals are in a run right now. One might say they are also in a window. It's a total rare occurrence for that franchise. Meanwhile the Eagles are one of the best run franchises for the last 2+ decades with one of, if not the best GM in the league. Jalen is going to thrive. Jalen is going to flip the unthinkable conversation about Mahomes in 3 years when Jalen wins the next 2 Super Bowls over Mahomes and wins at least 1 MVP that Jalen blows No Show (in the 4th) Joe out of the water and suddenly the conversation is him and Mahomes. And Jalen is looked at as the best QB.

Burrow might never. Great QB but he gets beat to shit in Cinci. They don't know how to build and develop an offensive line. He will have a short Andrew Luck style career. Meanwhile I look at Jalen and I see a young but very much evolved for the new generation Tom Brady. I don't think Jalen plays until he is 45 but I think he continues to improve and evolve, especially as a passer to where he is a top level QB in this league until 38 at least.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Burrow and Hurts are excellent QB’s, but Burrow is better IMO, Hurts is more athletic and a better runner but Burrow is a far superior passer. I think Burrow is the second best QB in the NFL behind Mahomes, and he’s the most consistently accurate passer in the NFL right now. Burrow had a really weak O-Line in 2021, the O-Line improved some last year and should be improved again this year but it’s not as good as the Eagles O-Line, which is one of the NFL’s very best, and the Eagles have a much better backfield as well and a more two dimensional offense. But I’m not sure why the big comparison between Burrow and Hurts - they are both elite QB’s and I think almost all NFL fans agree on that. Both have come very close to winning a Super Bowl and I expect both to be very strong for years to come.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Burrow and Hurts are excellent QB’s, but Burrow is better IMO, Hurts is more athletic and a better runner but Burrow is a far superior passer. I think Burrow is the second best QB in the NFL behind Mahomes, and he’s the most consistently accurate passer in the NFL right now. Burrow had a really weak O-Line in 2021, the O-Line improved some last year and should be improved again this year but it’s not as good as the Eagles O-Line, which is one of the NFL’s very best, and the Eagles have a much better backfield as well and a more two dimensional offense. But I’m not sure why the big comparison between Burrow and Hurts - they are both elite QB’s and I think almost all NFL fans agree on that. Both have come very close to winning a Super Bowl and I expect both to be very strong for years to come.

Eagles had a better backfield? Mixon is a far better RB than Miles Sanders. I'm sure many on this board would take the Bengals WRs over the Eagles WRs. Fact is that in the playoffs Burrow doesn't produce a lot of points and hardly does in the 4th quarter of postseason games. Meanwhile Hurts puts up points in the 4th and puts up a lot more points over the course of a game than Burrow does in the postseason.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles had a better backfield? Mixon is a far better RB than Miles Sanders. I'm sure many on this board would take the Bengals WRs over the Eagles WRs. Fact is that in the playoffs Burrow doesn't produce a lot of points and hardly does in the 4th quarter of postseason games. Meanwhile Hurts puts up points in the 4th and puts up a lot more points over the course of a game than Burrow does in the postseason.
Mixon is pretty close to washed, so no, Mixon is not "far better" than Miles Sanders

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing about Jalen is that is he is always and constantly improving. He's only 24 and Burrow is 26. He's already locked in and Burrow is going to get even a bigger contract to result in less cap space for the Bengals to keep even less of the great players on his team around compared to the Eagles.

Bengals are in a run right now. One might say they are also in a window. It's a total rare occurrence for that franchise. Meanwhile the Eagles are one of the best run franchises for the last 2+ decades with one of, if not the best GM in the league. Jalen is going to thrive. Jalen is going to flip the unthinkable conversation about Mahomes in 3 years when Jalen wins the next 2 Super Bowls over Mahomes and wins at least 1 MVP that Jalen blows No Show (in the 4th) Joe out of the water and suddenly the conversation is him and Mahomes. And Jalen is looked at as the best QB.

Burrow might never. Great QB but he gets beat to shit in Cinci. They don't know how to build and develop an offensive line. He will have a short Andrew Luck style career. Meanwhile I look at Jalen and I see a young but very much evolved for the new generation Tom Brady. I don't think Jalen plays until he is 45 but I think he continues to improve and evolve, especially as a passer to where he is a top level QB in this league until 38 at least.
I cant wait for this coming postseason's temper tantrum from you on here when the eagles, once again, dont win the superbowl

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came across an interesting stat/bit of info stat today about Burrow that I've never seen discussed anywhere is how absent he is in the 4th quarter of playoff games. He has played 7 games in the post season thus far in his career including the Super Bowl. Only one time in the 4th quarter of those 7 postseason games has he led the Bengals offense to scoring a TD. That one time too was with a short field where the offense started the drive with the ball in the other teams territory after the defense forced a turnover. In fact the Bengals defense has scored as many touchdowns in the 4th quarter of Bengals playoff games as Burrow has (1). Other than that Burrow has led the Bengals offense to 4 field goals in the 4th quarter of postseason games, all 4 coming in separate games.

So as much praise as he gets, he hasn't really shown up in any big ways in the 4th of playoff games.

1) FG

2) FG

3) FG

4 (Super Bowl) 0 points

5) 0 points

6) FG

7 (AFC Championship Loss) TD

Compare that to Jalen Hurts in the 4th quarter of postseason games and we have:

1) 2 TDs and a 2 pt conversion

2) TD and a FG

3) FG

4) TD and a 2 pt conversion
" I NEED ATTENTION "

This is what the thread title should be.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You literally find a way to make even dumber comments each time I look. :cheer2:

No one has ever shouted "hey, look at me" on here quite like you...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for this coming postseason's temper tantrum from you on here when the eagles, once again, dont win the superbowl
Tv Show No GIF by The Daily Show

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that has a better chance of delivering than rooting for the Steelers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't get plus 43,000 posts in a little over three years without running your mouth.

OFTEN

:wash:
Don’t forget to give me credit for 5,000 of your posts. I don’t post here without you following up each of my posts on this forum with a post that says nothing. You follow me around like a little lost puppy dog. Then why I kick the dog you cry like a little bitch.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Eagles clearly had a better backfield, and I don’t agree that Mixon is better than Sanders - Mixon struggled for a lot of last season. Sanders rushed for over 1,200 yards, Mixon only rushed for 814, and Sanders had more TDs and more yards per carry. The Eagles had more depth as well with Gainwell and Scott, the Bengals only had Perine. Burrow does produce points, and Burrow has averaged a lot more passing yards per game than Hurts in the playoffs, Hurts averaged under 200 passing yards per game in last seasons playoffs and that includes his 300 yard passing game in the Super Bowl.
I think both Burrow and Hurts are elite QB’s but I think Burrow is slightly better overall and is the better passer.