• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Netflix thread

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peaky Blinders is the best original series on Netflix.

1920's Brit Gangster series with Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy (sparingly), and that one dude from Jurrasic Park.

Super excellent show, and there's 3 seasons. Watch it.
Is that a Netflix show? I thought it was a British import.

And the "one dude from Jurrasic Park" is Sam Neil.

Will there be a S4? I hadn't heard anything.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't watched Bojack?

I don't know if you like animated stuff, but I loved most of it. The storylines are pretty good, and there's a ton of hidden laughs in it. Didn't like the end of season 3 but hoping there's another year coming.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've really only seen one random episode, but Black Mirror is on my list.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like cheesy sci-fi, check out Sense-8. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but the concept is interesting enough.

I tried this one and it didnt grab me for some reason ... stuck on episode 1 (might revisit) ... and in some respects its similar to "The OA"

I thought Master Of None was one of the best shows I saw this year.
enjoyed it ... watched it with my wife ... also watched "Love" with my wife and that was ok

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've really only seen one random episode, but Black Mirror is on my list.

I saw the episode titled "nosedive" ... enjoyed it ... will have to watch more but not on my must see right now

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the OA. Other than my own personal disdain for interpretive dance, there were some unique elements to this show that made it worth watching.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't watched Bojack?

I don't know if you like animated stuff, but I loved most of it. The storylines are pretty good, and there's a ton of hidden laughs in it. Didn't like the end of season 3 but hoping there's another year coming.

Yup..Bojack was great.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the OA. Other than my own personal disdain for interpretive dance, there were some unique elements to this show that made it worth watching.

Ive heard about this interpretive dance thing. Hope it doesnt submarine the show for me lol

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the episode titled "nosedive" ... enjoyed it ... will have to watch more but not on my must see right now
I think White Bear was the one I watched. My wife put it on and I didn't intend on paying attention, but it pulled me in pretty good.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried this one and it didnt grab me for some reason ... stuck on episode 1 (might revisit) ... and in some respects its similar to "The OA"

enjoyed it ... watched it with my wife ... also watched "Love" with my wife and that was ok
I liked "Love". If I had watched it before "Master Of None" I might have liked it better. Thinking about it they don't seem that similar but at the time they did. It was still good. Liked the cast. The Australian girl was odd and funny and I liked the date episode with her.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller House. We get that one yet?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished...

The first ep was outstanding. Not quite Stanger Things outstanding, but a great pilot nonetheless. The finale, though, was dog crap. I was literally laughing at the climax. How awkwardly horrible can you get?

I did like the "twist", though. Change the climax scene, and find a different device to do what had to happen,
interpretive dance?? Lose it, yesterday!
and the show could have been salvaged.

As it stands, though, with the climax being what it was, I can't give it more than a 4.5 - 5.5

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished...

The first ep was outstanding. Not quite Stanger Things outstanding, but a great pilot nonetheless. The finale, though, was dog crap. I was literally laughing at the climax. How awkwardly horrible can you get?

I did like the "twist", though. Change the climax scene, and find a different device to do what had to happen,
interpretive dance?? Lose it, yesterday!
and the show could have been salvaged.

As it stands, though, with the climax being what it was, I can't give it more than a 4.5 - 5.5

Just finished it last night as well... I agree the first episode was actually great... The rest was meh... the finale, maybe I missed something, but felt like it was an open ending...

The interpretive dance was of course awkward as hell... But did it really do anything, looked like it was just a distraction(unless I missed something)...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the OA, go back and watch it a second time knowing what you know.
Just fast forward through those dance scenes... :scratch:

It would be an understatement to say that a lot of thought went into this.
There are a number of inconsistencies with her story, so you never quite know what is real and what is in her head.

That being said, there are many parallels to be drawn between the separate groups.
Vivid imagery that can be seen throughout all the episodes.

BBA had a twin brother, Theo. Theo A. The OA.

There is more to this story than meets the eye.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't to bad.......

p12603293_b_v8_ab.jpg
i'm in the middle of this one......sam elliot could kick chuck norris's ass by just staring at him

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interpretive dance was of course awkward as hell... But did it really do anything, looked like it was just a distraction(unless I missed something)...
Yes, definitely a distraction. OA was the Statue of Liberty, their beacon of light and they were like the apostles, her followers. Obtaining the 5th movement meant death (as it did for the sheriff's wife). Completing the distraction could only end in death, which was OA's sacrifice to make.

As BBA is packing her things, there are several thoughts here. She has a path to take (California), but her car just had a tune up so she can go anywhere she wants. As Gilchrist walks her down the hallway, it splits in two. Another choice. When the event occurs, Gilchrist wants to run, he chooses to keep himself safe while dismissing the children inside. BBA then sees something in Gilchrist, maybe Theo, maybe OA, but just like OA sacrificed eternity with her father to endure this life, BBA chose to go to the cafeteria and face the challenge of life. Everything, whether it was real or not, led up to this moment. Maybe OA knew that this was where her path was taking her all along and that she would have to endure to complete this.

I'm telling you, there is probably so much I'm wrong on and so much that we are missing.[/SPOILIER]

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm in the middle of this one......sam elliot could kick chuck norris's ass by just staring at him

He makes the whole show worth the watch.