• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most trivial hill on which you're willing to die (CFB related)

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5269464.jpg

I'll take quality over quantity. All these DBs churned out but how many First team all pros?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take quality over quantity. All these DBs churned out but how many First team all pros?
First team all-pro is an NFL accomplishment, not collegiate. Those are just as much a product of the NFL team they're on than what college they came from, if not more.

The real collegiate factories are the ones that repeatedly are putting kids into the pros, and nobody beats OSU in that regard.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First team all-pro is an NFL accomplishment, not collegiate. Those are just as much a product of the NFL team they're on than what college they came from, if not more.

The real collegiate factories are the ones that repeatedly are putting kids into the pros, and nobody beats OSU in that regard.

Think about how many QBs FSU has put into the pros in the last decade, even more so the first round. Wouldn't consider them to even be in the discussion as QBU because of the lack of success in the NFL.

When I consider a school **U, I factor in pro success because the success or lack thereof gets tied back to the school they went to.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about how many QBs FSU has put into the pros in the last decade, even more so the first round. Wouldn't consider them to even be in the discussion as QBU because of the lack of success in the NFL.

When I consider a school **U, I factor in pro success because the success or lack thereof gets tied back to the school they went to.
FSU has put 3 QBs in the NFL this century, so they're not really in that discussion regardless.

Also, unlike FSU's QBs, OSU's DBs have had extremely good results in the pros.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*...on which you’re willing to die?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta disagree. The university isn’t responsible for their development after they leave for the NFL. If an NFL team sees enough potential to take a kid first or second round that tells me what I need to know about what the university did with them.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree. The university isn’t responsible for their development after they leave for the NFL. If an NFL team sees enough potential to take a kid first or second round that tells me what I need to know about what the university did with them.

To each their own. I believe their success is always tied to the university though.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah classic, graphic didn’t fit your agenda so ya moved the goal posts. Btw, Bradley Roby, Vonn Bell, and Marshawn Lattimore say hello.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own. I believe their success is always tied to the university though.

I say that because when I point to Oklahoma’s lack of sending DB’s to the NFL OU homers love to point to Tony Jefferson. Now the guy is now one of the best safeties in the NFL but the dude went UNDRAFTED. I’d say it’s fair to say teams missed by not drafting him at all but if his time at OU had shown he was anywhere near even a third round pick there’s no way he would’ve gone undrafted. He is what he is because of hard work and NFL development. OU doesn’t get to claim shit about the money he’s made in the NFL. They had nothing to do with it despite what the homers want to believe.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah classic, graphic didn’t fit your agenda so ya moved the goal posts. Btw, Bradley Roby, Vonn Bell, and Marshawn Lattimore say hello.

I could also provide links on articles that claim FSU is DBU, and since yanno.. how the player actually plays in the NFL matters on how they are perceived?

Jalen Ramsey, Ronald Darby, Lamarcus Joyner, Xavier Rhodes, and Derwin James all say hello

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it your belief future development to become all pro is more tied to college than there training at the next level? Then why do most college all Americans quickly peter out at the next level? Wouldn’t the NFL just be a league of college all Americans if what you said held true?

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that because when I point to Oklahoma’s lack of sending DB’s to the NFL OU homers love to point to Tony Jefferson. Now the guy is now one of the best safeties in the NFL but the dude went UNDRAFTED. I’d say it’s fair to say teams missed by not drafting him at all but if his time at OU had shown he was anywhere near even a third round pick there’s no way he would’ve gone undrafted. He is what he is because of hard work and NFL development. OU doesn’t get to claim shit about the money he’s made in the NFL. They had nothing to do with it despite what the homers want to believe.

I won't disagree that their success in the NFL can be independent of their college success, but the school they went to will always point to their success when they're out recruiting, etc.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it your belief future development to become all pro is more tied to college than there training at the next level? Then why do most college all Americans quickly peter out at the next level? Wouldn’t the NFL just be a league of college all Americans if what you said held true?

See post above. Not claiming that their college has anything to do with their success in the NFL, but schools will use it as a recruiting tool as a "hey look at us and what we did"

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree that their success in the NFL can be independent of their college success, but the school they went to will always point to their success when they're out recruiting, etc.

Absolutely, and Florida state has certainly done enough to point to all their dudes and say we can get you to the NFL and actually have some weight behind it. Ohio state can too. In the end y’all are quibbling about over very little. You can both make the same pitch to DB recruits and tbh you’re both DBU as far as I’m concerned. That being said, the only money a college program can lay claim to imo is initial draft and first contract money if they’re going to make that pitch.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, and Florida state has certainly done enough to point to all their dudes and say we can get you to the NFL and actually have some weight behind it. Ohio state can too. In the end y’all are quibbling about over very little. You can both make the same pitch to DB recruits and tbh you’re both DBU as far as I’m concerned.

Only problem with it now is Mickey Andrews is long gone and the DCs since have been fairly meh so the pitch of DBU is probably dying to the recruits

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could also provide links on articles that claim FSU is DBU, and since yanno.. how the player actually plays in the NFL matters on how they are perceived?

Jalen Ramsey, Ronald Darby, Lamarcus Joyner, Xavier Rhodes, and Derwin James all say hello

Position U has always been attached to a school’s ability to get players to the next level. Ohio State has been a factory at getting DB’s drafted. Like you said, to each their own. And like the thread title said, trivial shit you’d go down swinging to the end.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem with it now is Mickey Andrews is long gone and the DCs since have been fairly meh so the pitch of DBU is probably dying to the recruits

Same thing happened with Oklahoma and linebackers. We were putting LB’s in the NFL yearly and then Bob’s complacency and nepotism settled in. We haven’t had linebackers worth a damn in years. Jordan Evans has the talent as indicated by his playing for Cincy now but it had little to do with what OU did with him aside from get him up to size. Hopefully Grinch can get shit straightened out. Biggest problem is the toxic defeatist culture left by Mike.