• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The most Michigan State little brother thing ever

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you did it, Michigan fans are going to lambast you because back then national titles weren't important, only conference titles.

Yes, but their four national championships that Theodore Roosevelt watched from the Oval Office, now those are I M P O R T A N T!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me as well, I don't know ND lore either. Other than they have 1 title since I've been alive.
So does the play like a champion sign at ND, really mean, disregard the last 40+ years and play like it is 1988?

Ironic coming from a Michigan fan.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
71331184.jpg

Oh, that's funny shit.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but their four national championships that Theodore Roosevelt watched from the Oval Office, now those are I M P O R T A N T!
It depends. Are we talking about or not? If Bo is left out of the equation then yes, if he is in there, I do not know. A Michigan fan was trying tell me that he believed Lloyd Carr was a better coach than Schembechler the other day.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to take a dig at ND. They do a fine job on their own. The biggest headline out of ND in the last 25+ years is a player falling in love with a fake girlfriend. Without ND, UM would have REALLY been irrelevant. They were one of the few teams we could beat when Rich Rod and Hoke were at UM.

Yeah ND has sucked since Holtz left. Not exactly breaking news. Again, I don't really care. Not sure why your panties are in a bunch over me not knowing about some quote from 50 years ago. To reiterate, I don't care that Michigan has the quote, has it posted somewhere, if they even do, or use to their advantage with recruiting. It's part of their history/tradition. Same thing with ND and their PLACT sign.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything thing is in the past. Are we suppose to deny our history because we are Michigan? At the University of Michigan we are lucky, we have an incredible past and hope for a great future. Are we better than ohio state and Michigan State? Those questions will be answered on the field.

We already know the answer, NO. It is possible MI could win THE game this year but that does not change the answer.

Sure, but again, do they know that? You do, I do, but do they? Probably not. Most of our team's national titles came well before these kids were born at this point. I mean, kids in recruiting classes now days were like 1/2 years old when OSU won their title in 2002 (if that doesn't make you feel old, I don't know what will). So unless you've won one that they can remember (which is a very small number of teams) those championships probably all get lumped together by most; whether it happened in 2002 or 1942.

tOSU did win one that most can remember. You may have forgot but it was much more recent than 2002.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. The Indians are the UM of the AL Central. 1 division title in the last 15 years and haven't won a WS since 1948.

Sort of, I guess, except the UofM hasn't done shit recently and the Indians are in first place.

The point is, the Tigers being in 1st place in the ALC is much more bizarre than the Indians being there.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends. Are we talking about or not? If Bo is left out of the equation then yes, if he is in there, I do not know. A Michigan fan was trying tell me that he believed Lloyd Carr was a better coach than Schembechler the other day.

Pretty sure that was @MAIZEandBLUE09. He's got a learning disability, so take it easy on the little guy.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already know the answer, NO. It is possible MI could win THE game this year but that does not change the answer.

tOSU did win one that most can remember. You may have forgot but it was much more recent than 2002.
Yes, I'm aware. And OSU has had killer recruiting classes lately. But very few teams have a title that kids can remember.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people are going to rip us for being proud of our history, we must put those two teams in the history books as well. Again, the question will be answered on the field. No apologizes or excuses for recent failures against ohio state and Michigan State. I not going to dwell on them ... it does no good.
It's not about being proud, it's about being arrogant.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting ... did you learn that logic at ohio state. It is similar to saying Michigan is the superior team because we have 925 wins under our belt. While I won't deny our history, I am not going to hold it up as a definitive answer. What ever kind of flawed logic that makes you feel better ... use it.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that was @MAIZEandBLUE09. He's got a learning disability, so take it easy on the little guy.

Bo is likely the most overrated coach in the history of college football. No National Championships, just a lot of wins.

As for titles and whether these kids remember the team or not, it's still incredibly impressive to walk through a trophy cabinet and see the number 16. And the kids weren't born before any of them before Saban.

CcMH3pWXEAAoh06.jpg

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about being proud, it's about being arrogant.

How am I being arrogant? Granted there are some people in here that say stupid things under the "Michigan" logo. I could put a Michigan State logo on and say all kinds of stupid things as well.

This thread is beginning to become very redundant. Back to the original message: Michigan State is our little brother because we have been around longer and nothing (not even an ass whoopin' or heart breaking loss) can change that. They are also our brothers (at least that is what most of the people from Michigan feel).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of, I guess, except the UofM hasn't done shit recently and the Indians are in first place.

The point is, the Tigers being in 1st place in the ALC is much more bizarre than the Indians being there.

Just so I get it straight. It is ok to talk about the past if it is the Indians, but it is ironic if a Michigan fan talks about the past?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo is likely the most overrated coach in the history of college football. No National Championships, just a lot of wins.

As for titles and whether these kids remember the team or not, it's still incredibly impressive to walk through a trophy cabinet and see the number 16. And the kids weren't born before any of them before Saban.

CcMH3pWXEAAoh06.jpg

An impressive trophy case. At Michigan, many want us to forget out past. It is an awesome display!!!

Reactions: Eco

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I being arrogant? Granted there are some people in here that say stupid things under the "Michigan" logo. I could put a Michigan State logo on and say all kinds of stupid things as well.

This thread is beginning to become very redundant. Back to the original message: Michigan State is our little brother because we have been around longer and nothing (not even an ass whoopin' or heart breaking loss) can change that. They are also our brothers (at least that is what most of the people from Michigan feel).
I never said you were being arrogant. You, WW, Belcher are all good posters and not arrogant. UMgrad, MnB, Trust me are all arrogant in their postings. One group can post objectively and have a conversation with other fans, the other cant.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad you feel that way. I don't. I root for Michigan to beat exactly one team: Ohio State. Other than that game, I hope they go 0-11.