• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE MISERY THAT IS ST. LOUIS FOOTBALL

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The football Cardinals were in St. Louis for 28 years and in the time had 11 winning seasons, made the playoffs only 3 times and never had a home playoff game. This is the Rams 19th year in St. Louis and they have only 4 winning seasons and have made the playoffs 5 times. So in 47 years the city has seen only 15 winning seasons and 8 playoff appearances. Is there any city in the country that has witnessed worse NFL football than St. Louis in that time frame? :gaah:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But man was 1999-2000 the best season ever.

Never forget Marshall Faulk and his 100 yards rushing / 100 yards receiving. Warner making defenses look lost. Good times.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But man was 1999-2000 the best season ever.

Never forget Marshall Faulk and his 100 yards rushing / 100 yards receiving. Warner making defenses look lost. Good times.

:agree: The sad think is that The Greatest Show On Turf era was short-lived. It was a helluva lot of fun while it lasted but by 2003 you could arleady see the wheels falling off a little bit even though they had a very good year. That seems like a lifetime ago now. I just long for playoff football again. There is nothing better for a city than a 13-3 football team.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: The sad think is that The Greatest Show On Turf era was short-lived. It was a helluva lot of fun while it lasted but by 2003 you could arleady see the wheels falling off a little bit even though they had a very good year. That seems like a lifetime ago now. I just long for playoff football again. There is nothing better for a city than a 13-3 football team.

those were the days :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons St Louis has had such a dismal 47 years LTR is that many players did not want to go there and many still do not today. The rep amongst players is that the town sucks. That may or may not be true but that is the rep and when you have 14 seasons go by since our last bowl appearance, it does not help to change that perception.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons St Louis has had such a dismal 47 years LTR is that many players did not want to go there and many still do not today. The rep amongst players is that the town sucks. That may or may not be true but that is the rep and when you have 14 seasons go by since our last bowl appearance, it does not help to change that perception.

That's true to a certain extent, they have been able to bring some decent free agents in here. However, it doesn't justify the horrible drafting over the years by both the Cardinals and the Rams. I blame this current run of "badness" on the imortat words....."With the 32nd pick of the 2000 NFL draft the St. Louis Rams select.....Trung Candidate.....

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The football Cardinals were in St. Louis for 28 years and in the time had 11 winning seasons, made the playoffs only 3 times and never had a home playoff game. This is the Rams 19th year in St. Louis and they have only 4 winning seasons and have made the playoffs 5 times. So in 47 years the city has seen only 15 winning seasons and 8 playoff appearances. Is there any city in the country that has witnessed worse NFL football than St. Louis in that time frame? :gaah:

As I've stated in here a few times, we should be thankful for the winning seasons, playoffs, and the SB that we do have. I've mentioned before the Detroit Lions have have won ONE playoff game since 1957!

Since 1957, they have made the playoffs 10 times,(thats 10 times in the last 56 years) with only 1 win. So pretty much since I've been alive their playoff record is 1-10. Poor Barry Sanders, the unofficial best
running back EVER!

Also, the Cleveland Browns have been horrible pretty much during the whole Super Bowl era! Yes , I'm counting La and St. Louis times, but I've been a Ram fan that long, so it could be worse, plus St. Louis didn't exist there for a few years

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LTR, dude, those words hurt. Here are some more that just slice to the marrow. "With the 31st pick in the 2002 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select: Robert Thomas, LB, UCLA. Or "With the 19th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select: Alex Barron, OT, Florida State. Or since we are really down, the very next year there were these words: "With the 15th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select: Tye Hill, CB, Clemson. AAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!! I can't take it anymore!!!!!!

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true to a certain extent, they have been able to bring some decent free agents in here. However, it doesn't justify the horrible drafting over the years by both the Cardinals and the Rams. I blame this current run of "badness" on the imortat words....."With the 32nd pick of the 2000 NFL draft the St. Louis Rams select.....Trung Candidate.....

Or the 2001 draft when they took Ryan Picket (who's been a nice player) at #29 and the next 3 picks were Reggie Wayne, Todd Heape and Drew Breese.

Or 2003 draft when they took Jimmy Kennedy and the Steelers grabbed Troy Polomalu just a few picks later.

I could go on but I'm sure you all get the point and I need to get back to work. :lol:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the 2001 draft when they took Ryan Picket (who's been a nice player) at #29 and the next 3 picks were Reggie Wayne, Todd Heape and Drew Breese.

Or 2003 draft when they took Jimmy Kennedy and the Steelers grabbed Troy Polomalu just a few picks later.

I could go on but I'm sure you all get the point and I need to get back to work. :lol:

I think you guys are to close to our situation, if you were realistic, you would see that every team could say the same thing. There are a ton of teams out there that have picked guys that haven't panned out and teams that picked behind them and came away with an All-Pro. I think we have had our share of good picks, it's just that the bad ones happen to really stand out.

If you went to almost any other teams board you would hear a lot of the same gripes!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I offer these words of comfort.

God forbid, any franchise or fan base have to endure the media Caligula and dysfunctional train wreck that has become of my beloved Washington Redskins.

Not only can you thank god that you are not us, you can thank god that we are us, as it provides you great hope via the draft for a brighter future!?!? True irony at play at multiple levels.

If I, as a skins fan of many years can somehow STILL love my team, even now, there is hope (possibly delusion, madness and a masochistic tendency) for any fan base, lol.

Hail

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons St Louis has had such a dismal 47 years LTR is that many
players did not want to go there and many still do not today. The rep amongst
players is that the town sucks. That may or may not be true but that is the rep
and when you have 14 seasons go by since our last bowl appearance, it does not
help to change that perception.

Dam Retro! lol That's harsh. HOWEVER, I agree on the midwest, but the Rams have tried to bring in some FA's but they just usually pick the guys that have been to 3-5 pro bowls and they are on the downhill side of their career.

After living on the Atlantic ocean for 10 years, moving back to the midwest has sucked! but STL is a baseball town. It's kind of a small town atmosphere here, but loads of good people, along with many angry/negative people too.

But when you live on the beach, anything is going to be a downgrade.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I offer these words of comfort.

God forbid, any franchise or fan base have to endure the media Caligula and dysfunctional train wreck that has become of my beloved Washington Redskins.

Not only can you thank god that you are not us, you can thank god that we are us, as it provides you great hope via the draft for a brighter future!?!? True irony at play at multiple levels.

If I, as a skins fan of many years can somehow STILL love my team, even now, there is hope (possibly delusion, madness and a masochistic tendency) for any fan base, lol.

Hail
Misery loves company! :suds:

Hey what part of the central coast Caliskinsfan?

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are to close to our situation, if you were realistic, you would see that every team could say the same thing. There are a ton of teams out there that have picked guys that haven't panned out and teams that picked behind them and came away with an All-Pro. I think we have had our share of good picks, it's just that the bad ones happen to really stand out.

If you went to almost any other teams board you would hear a lot of the same gripes!

I'm sure every team has many bad draft pickes in their history but.....

A) I'm a Rams fan so that's what matters to me.
B) How many other teams have had 10 straight seasons of non-winning footbal
C) The team recently had the worst 5 year stretch in the history of the game

This organization has taken bad management to a who new level. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's stans Idea to land the Rams in London and the NFL will forget about them? lol. who knows.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got your back retro. Never go in alone!

And let's not take him out. Lets make him suffer a bit first.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say we pull his toe nails/finger nails off 1 by 1 :lol:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make it the the state of Missouri. The Chiefs have won 1 playoff game in the last 42 years if my memory serves me right.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya' SJ76 and Jermaine. He owes us 15 years of agony of standing idly by and watching a once proud franchise be turned into the laughing stock of the NFL. With Snead and Fisher, things are slowly coming out of the shithole we have been in but if Kroneke has any ideas about taking the Rams to London, I will find him and take a giant shit on him.