• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Minnesota Timberwolves will make the playoffs as an 8th seed with a 43-39 record.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's only the one city with any teams though
I know. Im just having a great night drinking and enjoying this game. Hoping like hell i get a cancelation for an 8 am watershed run off issue at a st croix residence tomorrow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont have the height or the strength to deal with any really well put together team. Towns should never play center for a good team. But what i am saying is we will be able to destroy bad teams, win our share versus average teams and of course get embarrassed by the elite. All in all 43-39 is how i see it with our schedule. Calling it.

I disagree with that.

In the Modern NBA Townes is a very good center. There are like 3 teams in the NBA who play through big men offensively.

Townes isn’t perfect, but playing him at PF is going to cause more defensive issues than it would fix.

The issue for Minny has been that Townes doesn’t have the leadership skills to be the franchise player. He would be a damn good #2 for a contender though, IMO, if paired with the right #1.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont have the height or the strength to deal with any really well put together team. Towns should never play center for a good team. But what i am saying is we will be able to destroy bad teams, win our share versus average teams and of course get embarrassed by the elite. All in all 43-39 is how i see it with our schedule. Calling it.

I disagree with that.

In the Modern NBA Townes is a very good center. There are like 3 teams in the NBA who play through big men offensively.

Townes isn’t perfect, but playing him at PF is going to cause more defensive issues than it would fix.

The issue for Minny has been that Townes doesn’t have the leadership skills to be the franchise player. He would be a damn good #2 for a contender though, IMO, if paired with the right #1.

This plus, he’s paired with the perfect pf next to him in Vanderbilt. Who was an absolute steal for you guys. That was highway robbery.

Wolves can get that third piece with Russell Beasley balmero and like 3 firsts.

The question is who is that guy?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that.

Towns has also improved to st least average defensively. He will never be elite, but he is no longer a liability.

Okogie has been pretending he is Tony Allen and I love it! We will see tonight if they can play the same defense against a team that isn't starting 4 teenagers.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights game summed up everything I dislike about Russell. He dribbles for 20 seconds and then throws the ball out of bounds, then he pulls up for a very contested 3 early in the clock and misses, he plays bad defense. He was basically the majority of the reason the Wolves blew the double-digit game. Then at the end, he dribbles for the entire shot clock and launches a heavily defended fade away 3....and it banks in. Everyone loves the one lucky shot, that was still a horrendous play but forgets every bad basketball play he had that made his "heroics" needed.

Fuck that dude.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights game summed up everything I dislike about Russell. He dribbles for 20 seconds and then throws the ball out of bounds, then he pulls up for a very contested 3 early in the clock and misses, he plays bad defense. He was basically the majority of the reason the Wolves blew the double-digit game. Then at the end, he dribbles for the entire shot clock and launches a heavily defended fade away 3....and it banks in. Everyone loves the one lucky shot, that was still a horrendous play but forgets every bad basketball play he had that made his "heroics" needed.

Fuck that dude.
Trade him to Philly

They love guards Like that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck that dude.
He’s always been the same player he could just mask his deficiencies bc he was so talented offensively.
The problem is it’s going to be difficult to dump him after the Wiggins swap. Looking back Wiggins did need to get away from Minny but he is so much better than DLo. Even if they did try to trade DLo for Simmons they would have to include another asset and picks. I’m not sure Philly would go for that especially still with their high demands.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s always been the same player he could just mask his deficiencies bc he was so talented offensively.
The problem is it’s going to be difficult to dump him after the Wiggins swap. Looking back Wiggins did need to get away from Minny but he is so much better than DLo. Even if they did try to trade DLo for Simmons they would have to include another asset and picks. I’m not sure Philly would go for that especially still with their high demands.

Balmero McDaniel picks are all in play. Not sure Beasley fits salary cap wise.

But no, russell is better than Wiggins. That’s just too far

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither is going to help a team win. Both are atrocious at defense, both can put up points in bunches. Russell is unique in that when he is terrible he dominates the ball and takes everyone out of the game, Wiggins just disappears. Pure talent Russell is better, but I would take Wiggins on my team 100% of the time.....and I definitely would not have added Kuminga to add Russell. That trade is the entire reason I was ok with the out of nowhere Rosas firing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets agree both aren’t great but I disagree and I watched him basically his whole career and he isn’t the same player he was 3-4 years ago. He is pretty much useless if he isn’t a scoring machine. Wiggins has grown and his shot selection has improved. Defensively it isn’t close as well

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep dying on that hill, over and over. There's not a GM in the league outside of Minnesota who would prefer DLo to Wiggins. And even there, it's KAT that prefers him not the GM at this point.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re smokin meth

Russell is an abomination. Horrendous.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep dying on that hill, over and over. There's not a GM in the league outside of Minnesota who would prefer DLo to Wiggins. And even there, it's KAT that prefers him not the GM at this point.

I’d take that bet

Both are overpaid though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. I get they play different positons but Wiggins is a better shooter and better defender. He has better shot selection now and doesn't play out of control. I mean both aren't great options and both don't shoot at a fg %.

Crazy to think both of these guys are still only 25-26.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take that bet

Both are overpaid though
You'd lose

But you're right about the contracts, Wiggins is overpaid for sure

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. I get they play different positons but Wiggins is a better shooter and better defender. He has better shot selection now and doesn't play out of control. I mean both aren't great options and both don't shoot at a fg %.

Crazy to think both of these guys are still only 25-26.
Wiggins will always have haters like Q because he's overpaid and nowhere near as good as he should be as a #1 overall pick. But just judging him as a player he's a solid guy on both ends and you can win with him as your 4th best player

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins will always have haters like Q because he's overpaid and nowhere near as good as he should be as a #1 overall pick. But just judging him as a player he's a solid guy on both ends and you can win with him as your 4th best player

Yep.

DLo legitimately makes his team worse