• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Mexican Mafia Owns Yasiel Puig

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt La Eme would ever pull that kind of weight.. But yeah Zetas would own him.. I'm glad all Detroit has to deal with is fatties and bums like Coke..

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he has to do is turn over that 20% of his income to them and they will leave him alone, but when he does - then he would be funnelling money into an organized crime organization in a third world country - I think he would be in some really deep shit with the federal government if I am not mistaken. I don't think you could have said it better - He's fucked

Think of the pressure a young baseball player has just trying produce higher results so as to further his career and contract opportunities, then think of an added pressure of knowing the drug cartel wants 20% of that. Unreal how he even stays focused and continues to have fun out there knowing he or his family could be murdered on any given day.

Question though(not sure anyone has an answer so it may be hypothetical): Is the cartel expecting a certain amount other than simply 20%? I mean, what if his play severely drops and his contracts become less and less? Is he dead bc they aren't getting enough out of him?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is screwed.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better watch out for this guy

the-skull-scarface_001_1197497703.jpg

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is an insane and almost unbelievable story. However it is also crazy that the MLB is allowing a player to possibly funnel money into a drug cartel. If it is in fact the zeta's, Puig is fucked and he's caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse. He could be owed by the Alpha Beta's

th

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of the pressure a young baseball player has just trying produce higher results so as to further his career and contract opportunities, then think of an added pressure of knowing the drug cartel wants 20% of that. Unreal how he even stays focused and continues to have fun out there knowing he or his family could be murdered on any given day.

Question though(not sure anyone has an answer so it may be hypothetical): Is the cartel expecting a certain amount other than simply 20%? I mean, what if his play severely drops and his contracts become less and less? Is he dead bc they aren't getting enough out of him?

well its baseball so if he signs a one million a year contract the cartel would still get 200K a year so they would still be profitting off of it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the Los Angeles Times today - Puig has been paying 20% of his income to a man with a criminal back ground and he has received death threats which absolutely no one will talk about.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its baseball so if he signs a one million a year contract the cartel would still get 200K a year so they would still be profitting off of it.

These guys like the Hells Angels and Mongols 40 years ago did do, are looking for ways to set up legitimate business deals. Getting Puig to the United States was most likely illegal even though the US Ambassador to Mexico helped to arrange the smuggling operation. A simple death threat to sign a legal contract is very simple when the player knows what happens if he doesn't sign - The drug cartel can't control Puig's performance in respect to not playing good. There is a shelf life for this deal with them and then they will move on with other players being smuggled out of Cuba to MLB teams

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig's guaranteed $42 million to swat at little balls and run after them.

I think he'll be okay.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys like the Hells Angels and Mongols 40 years ago did do, are looking for ways to set up legitimate business deals. Getting Puig to the United States was most likely illegal even though the US Ambassador to Mexico helped to arrange the smuggling operation. A simple death threat to sign a legal contract is very simple when the player knows what happens if he doesn't sign - The drug cartel can't control Puig's performance in respect to not playing good. There is a shelf life for this deal with them and then they will move on with other players being smuggled out of Cuba to MLB teams

undoubtably there is a shelf life. and these people are not stupid, they will not do anything to him as long as he pays for the duration of his career.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but at the same time you have to understand that he is a high profile person. if the mexican cartel were stupid enough to smuggle into the united states and kill someone like puig over money, this will be all over the news and the federal government will conduct an investigation and im very sure whoever has anything to do with his murder would be fucked

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but at the same time you have to understand that he is a high profile person. if the mexican cartel were stupid enough to smuggle into the united states and kill someone like puig over money, this will be all over the news and the federal government will conduct an investigation and im very sure whoever has anything to do with his murder would be fucked

They don't have the reach and control here in the United States like they do in Mexico - no two ways about it. In Mexico they have more control and the law enforcement is often with them or part of them.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this story is true, then I feel really sorry for him. He was stuck in one nightmare, and took his chance to get out of it. Now, he's sitting in another. Out of the frying pan, into the fire kind of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true at all would it be wise for the Dodgers to part ways with him? Before I get jumped on I know he is a nasty player and ONLY helps the Dodgers on the field but a serious threat (if found out to be true) simply is not worth the safety of the team and it's fans.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God A.J. SUCKS!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woops wrong thread! ^^

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they say they will go after Dodgers fans? Im scared!!!