• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Mexican Mafia Owns Yasiel Puig

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a unsettling and surprising report coming out in the Los Angeles Magazine, it has been disclosed that Yasiel tried twice to escape from Cuba, but was intercepted by the United States Navy. In his third try he arranged and escape to Mexico using the infamous and dangerous drug cartel in return for 20% of his future earnings. As this was discussed one individual who declined to be identified, but claimed to be close to the deal started that the entire smuggling operation was financed by Puig, but included assistance from the United States Ambassasdor and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Here is the rub - One of the original mafia leaders was executed because the cartel has not been getting the money owed to them and there is no serious concern that Puig and his family who was also smuggled out of Cuba to the United States through Mexico are at risk. Not only Puig and his family are at risk, but there is some concern that the Dodgers organization and their fans could be at risk. Some individuals, however in law enforcement stated today that the Dodgers would not be a target, but that Puig himself will be the target when he is alone and unless he continues to pay that 20% to the drug cartel - then he would without any question be executed so that future baseball players coming out of Cuba will be put on notice.

As much as I hate to lose Puig - I think this is worse then Pete Rose's gambling problems years ago and that the MLB has been compromised with organized crime in a serious manner if this is allowed to continue. Even if the Major leagues loses the potential talent from Cuba - it is not worth it if we as fans are financing the drug cartels that are selling drugs in our country to our children, and murdering innocent families. This country has made tremendous success in fighting organized crime and this kind of compromise if everything is true is not acceptable to me

Is there any one besides me that finds this disturbing?

Just curious

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this is real it is beyond disturbing.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this is extremely disturbing. It's always extremely scary and if I were his teammates id be terrified as well.

I heard this story on the local sports show and instantly thought it belonged in a movie.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this is real it is beyond disturbing.

It is extremely disturbing - and I can see why and how someone like Puig would want out of Cuba. Who wouldn't do the same thing for the kind of money he earns. Naturally we don't know the deal made, but once you sign a contract with organized crime - you are married for life and there is no way out. Eventually they will find a way to kill him if he doesn't pay and that's the rub on baseball in general. I just don't see why the MLB is not disturbed about this and I think they have known about it for awhile now which I find even more disturbing

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joke. I didn't read your entire post so I don't know if you mentioned it, but Puig called up some "cleaner" guy and asked him what he should do about the kidnappers from the cartel that were after him. Within days one of the kidnappers was dead......

wtf...

Even scarier is that Puig is in LA!!! Not too far from the Mexican border. Its an absolute crazy story.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quite honestly I think both the L.A. Magazine and all of them has missed the point and not just Plashke. I'm not trying to defend Plashke - I don't like his articles and never have. I am not concerned about attacks on the Los Angeles Dodgers by the drug cartel. Right now the drug cartel is fighting for survival in Mexico and they simply don't have that kind of power in the USA, but....

The real reach would be to send one or two individuals to execute Puig when he is alone and quite possibly they would kill his parents first as a warning to start paying. I'm not at all worried about Puig, his parents or the Dodgers organization and fans. As far as I am concerned - Puig's safety is his problem

What I am deeply concerned is the potential connection that MLB players like Puig will now have to an extremely dangerous organized crime unit. That's my concern

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of the game

:puke:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite honestly I think both the L.A. Magazine and all of them has missed the point and not just Plashke. I'm not trying to defend Plashke - I don't like his articles and never have. I am not concerned about attacks on the Los Angeles Dodgers by the drug cartel. Right now the drug cartel is fighting for survival in Mexico and they simply don't have that kind of power in the USA, but....

The real reach would be to send one or two individuals to execute Puig when he is alone and quite possibly they would kill his parents first as a warning to start paying. I'm not at all worried about Puig, his parents or the Dodgers organization and fans. As far as I am concerned - Puig's safety is his problem

What I am deeply concerned is the potential connection that MLB players like Puig will now have to an extremely dangerous organized crime unit. That's my concern

uummmmmm I think you're wrong here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as he keeps making his monthly payments he's good. Or he's dead. Either way. LA's printing money or whatever, so it should be fine. (Their cut(they being "the cartels")seems close to the cut an agent gets right?). But if its not, that's one thick neck to hack thru, prolly take two Messican Hitmen.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joke. I didn't read your entire post so I don't know if you mentioned it, but Puig called up some "cleaner" guy and asked him what he should do about the kidnappers from the cartel that were after him. Within days one of the kidnappers was dead......

wtf...

Even scarier is that Puig is in LA!!! Not too far from the Mexican border. Its an absolute crazy story.

I don't know if that's the same guy, but earlier today they said the man that orchestrated the deal for the mafia as killed because they cartel did not get their money. Not sure if that's the same one, but It doesn't sound like the same person and that would make two killings. The only thing is that the cartel risks the exposure here in the states which would lead to them being captured, but they have time on their side. They can back off, wait even a few years til everyone thinks they are okay and then bring a guy in - Yasiel will die alone if they come after him and they will come if he agreed to give them 20% of his future earnings.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if that's the same guy, but earlier today they said the man that orchestrated the deal for the mafia as killed because they cartel did not get their money. Not sure if that's the same one, but It doesn't sound like the same person and that would make two killings. The only thing is that the cartel risks the exposure here in the states which would lead to them being captured, but they have time on their side. They can back off, wait even a few years til everyone thinks they are okay and then bring a guy in - Yasiel will die alone if they come after him and they will come if he agreed to give them 20% of his future earnings.

Yep sounds like it. Oh boy.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uummmmmm I think you're wrong here.

Let me rephrase it - The drug cartel does not have the power and control over the local communities like they do in their own country, but they are still extremely dangerous and it would only take one hit man to take Puig out - there is very good reason for him to be scared. In fact he's flat out stupid if he isn't concern.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Cartel could probably offer some random guy and tell him to go do the deed and if you're caught we will pay your family 1 million dollars. If you get away with it, well you get a free ticket into the USA and we will make sure you family follows AND youll get compensated.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does he have a deal with the Mexican Mafia (La Eme), or a Mexican Cartel? Because the two are entirely different. The Mexican Mafia started in the US, and doesn't have near the power, or money that the Cartels in Mexico have.

Just curious

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's fucked

All he has to do is turn over that 20% of his income to them and they will leave him alone, but when he does - then he would be funnelling money into an organized crime organization in a third world country - I think he would be in some really deep shit with the federal government if I am not mistaken. I don't think you could have said it better - He's fucked