• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Meatball Sports Fan... a journey in stupid.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Meatball Sports Fan.​
Chicago Bears Addition.​

The term “Meatball” is a person or fan who does some of the following. Not only says or does these things but, truly believes it….and tries to defend his stance on Social Media. For Some, they don’t know they are a meatball, it can come as a shock and they will try and fight the notion. Others will “embrace” their meatballism. And try and tell you- “SO WHAT, I like Meatballs”

There are degrees of Meatballness, some of these things are not that big of a deal...others, well... yeah.

So, here we go- Are you a Meatball Sports Fan?:
1. Believe in “BEAR Weather” the Bears will win if it’s below 30 degrees.
2. All things 1985 are GREAT to bring up at anytime when the Chicago Bears are mentioned. (It’s been 29 years…time to move on)
3. EVERY first round pick- SUCKS!- Emery’s Stupid. (instant reaction. Feels may change, but when the Name is called meatball has: VERY Angry Face!
4. Chicago IS Tough!! The notion that this is a tough city and should base the team on “defense and running the ball” and that’s the only way it should be! 4 yards and a cloud of dust is GREAT! Even though that’s not the way of the NFL much anymore.
5. The Backup Quarterback is ALWAYS better then the starter. NO…MATTER…WHAT!
6. You hate the Packers. You would rather go 2-14 and beat the Packers twice then lose to them and go to the playoffs. And that Bears players should never be friendly with packers players- if a fight broke out that caused the Bears to lose a key player- you would think it’s worth it! Packers Suck!
6a. You can never say anything positive about the Packers. Period.
7. You think that “high motor” “grinder” “tough as nails” “scrappy” or similar attributes trump actual talent.
8. You think a player with a bad game/bad play should be “CUT” on the spot.
9. You think “Fire and Passion” are what it takes!
10. We should Fire Lovie Smith! he hasn’t made the playoffs in 5 years! We should have never fired Lovie- he would have made the playoffs this year-Trestman sucks!
11. Ditka, sausage, Ditka, 1985! Da Bears.
12. Urlacher, got screwed! He was only paid $78 million over his career- He only wanted another $4M, If BU was here last year we make the playoffs for SURE!
13. You insist on saying “we” won the Game, and “we” need to sign this player. Umm you sat on your ass and ate cheese balls and drank beer. YOU didn’t do anything. (but yeah that's not that big of a deal...we fans do feel like like part of the team- I'll let that pass)
14. Truly thinking and saying (often) That, YOU could do THAT! With references to past High School Football glory. “Man, Cutler Sucks! I can throw that deep out better them him! Dude remember sophomore year!!”(when you see this on the board PLEASE reference this #14!)

15. Suggesting Stupid “trades”: I think “WE, should trade Cutler for …..…” Which is usually followed by “hear me out, really, WE should.”
16. Most trade’s suggested are for past prime players, players with high contracts. No reguard for the cap or anything.

17. Same goes for all things GM... The NFL and salary cap is a maze and quite confusing to many fans. There are all kinds of rules and different types of contract stipulations- unless you actually ARE Cliff Stein- Please do some research before suggesting an "even swap trade" for a player.

18. Misogynistic overtones to many of their comments- This is most likely a veiled attempt to conceal their true number of "conquests" which is usually ZERO. (unless you're me)
19. Reference to former sports NUMBERS. "Dude, my tat is sweet- it's number 71, cause, like I crushed it when I wore that number in HS"- OR- "I like that player WE have the same number from when I played in college."
20. Repeated references to any of the following:

YOU are not a "REAL" Bear fan IF...
I Could WHIP your ASS!
I'm sooo Wasted- I'm gonna get my drink on- This bad play is going to make me switch to whiskey...drinking.

Note: This is all in good fun ladies and gents- I love the Chicago Bears and would gladly have a beer with anyone who spends the time discussing it on a message board. Meatball or not. If you're going to be a Meatball:

A) don't be surprised when you get called out
B) own it
C) Don't "over" own it

D) GO Bears!

:suds:

:lame:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe in "Bear weather" because it magically propels the Bears. I believe that dome teams from the south will have a harder time in the cold, and it will take longer into the game for them to adjust.

Prime example was the Cowboys MNF game last season. Brandon Marshall was quoted saying he knew they won three hours before the game when the QB's and WR's for Dallas didn't come out for their pre-game usual routine because of the weather. While the Bears didn't wear sleeves and changed nothing about their game regiment.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't believe in "Bear weather" because it magically propels the Bears. I believe that dome teams from the south will have a harder time in the cold, and it will take longer into the game for them to adjust.

Prime example was the Cowboys MNF game last season. Brandon Marshall was quoted saying he knew they won three hours before the game when the QB's and WR's for Dallas didn't come out for their pre-game usual routine because of the weather. While the Bears didn't wear sleeves and changed nothing about their game regiment.

I don't think that had anything - at all - to do with the Cowboys losing that game. That was probably the most textbook example of idiotic offensive playcalling I can recall. I was watching that game at my Cowboy fan buddies' house, and after the Cowboys sawed through the Bear run defense twice for scores to open the game, I turned to him and said "dude, the only thing that gives me hope is your coaches are so dumb they are going to go away from the run and start passing." Which, right on cue, they did. One of Conte's better games. The Dallas offense stalled, the Bears went up, the Cowboys kept passing, it was beautiful. They didn't start trying to run again until it was too late in the 2nd half. I was laughing my ass off, and my buddy was super pissed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that had anything - at all - to do with the Cowboys losing that game. That was probably the most textbook example of idiotic offensive playcalling I can recall. I was watching that game at my Cowboy fan buddies' house, and after the Cowboys sawed through the Bear run defense twice for scores to open the game, I turned to him and said "dude, the only thing that gives me hope is your coaches are so dumb they are going to go away from the run and start passing." Which, right on cue, they did. One of Conte's better games. The Dallas offense stalled, the Bears went up, the Cowboys kept passing, it was beautiful. They didn't start trying to run again until it was too late in the 2nd half. I was laughing my ass off, and my buddy was super pissed.

Oh, I completely agree. There's obviously a game to be played, and weather is a minimal factor. Plus, in -10 windchill you can bet the Bears players were freezing too.

However, the shot of Tony Romo sprinting over to the sideline heaters and pushing people out of the way during a TV timeout doesn't lie. The Bears handled the cold a lot better than the Cowboys. That's all I'm saying. When your body is used to cold weather, you can play without thinking about it. Keep it in the back of your mind. When your flying in from Texas for a couple of nights into the freaking north pole, it's "I'm fucking cold" first… and football second.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Oh, I completely agree. There's obviously a game to be played, and weather is a minimal factor. Plus, in -10 windchill you can bet the Bears players were freezing too.

However, the shot of Tony Romo sprinting over to the sideline heaters and pushing people out of the way during a TV timeout doesn't lie. The Bears handled the cold a lot better than the Cowboys. That's all I'm saying. When your body is used to cold weather, you can play without thinking about it. Keep it in the back of your mind. When your flying in from Texas for a couple of nights into the freaking north pole, it's "I'm fucking cold" first… and football second.

ok so maybe what happened was whoever was calling the plays on the Cowboys stopped being able to think clearly because it was too cold. A possible explanation, like a freezing young gentlemen in the north Atlantic sidling up to a lifeboat and telling a raging slut "it's cool, save yourself." OK. Cold makes people do dumb things. Point conceded.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so maybe what happened was whoever was calling the plays on the Cowboys stopped being able to think clearly because it was too cold. A possible explanation, like a freezing young gentlemen in the north Atlantic sidling up to a lifeboat and telling a raging slut "it's cool, save yourself." OK. Cold makes people do dumb things. Point conceded.

Oh, I completely agree. There's obviously a game to be played

I was acknowledging that you were correct with this statement.

The rest of my post about Romo being cold was simply a separate point. No doubt, the Bears beat the shit out of the Cowboys for the reasons you stated.

They were just cold as hell while they got their asses kicked. That's all. I believe that play-calling aside, the weather still had Dallas at a disadvantage. I don't see why that's so far-fetched.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want fans to be smart. That's all. Don't fall into this SNL DA Bears superfan's kind of mentality.

The BEAR WEATHER thing: "Dude, the forecast for Sunday says Snow and Wind!! Sweet! The Bears are going to WIN! Cause of Bears Weather"
Why that's dumb to me: The Bears team is now based on Cutler, Forte, Marshall, Jeffery- Passing and ball control. Snow/Wind will effect them too! (even though they practice in it/live in it)
Our Defense vs Their Offense- Again, not a good argument for the Bears: If the other team can't pass in the snow and wind "Bear Weather" what will they do instead? RUN THE BALL- against the worst run defense in the league a year ago... (hopefully that has been fixed)
My point is for someone to quote this much used Chicago "thing" just isn't smart in today's NFL.
ALSO as a fan of offense- I would much rather have every game in 50 degrees, no wind. Ideal for football imo. I'd rather see every player at their best then battling with rain/snow/wind. Go Bears!

C

cubzzzfanincali

Oh, I completely agree. There's obviously a game to be played

I was acknowledging that you were correct with this statement.

The rest of my post about Romo being cold was simply a separate point. No doubt, the Bears beat the shit out of the Cowboys for the reasons you stated.

They were just cold as hell while they got their asses kicked. That's all. I believe that play-calling aside, the weather still had Dallas at a disadvantage. I don't see why that's so far-fetched.

I was attempting to be humorous, not continue the argument.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fucks this queer shit?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want fans to be smart.

That is like saying Miss America contestants should be judged solely for their intellect. It's just not gonna happen. The world needs boobs, and this board is full of them. But that's what makes it great.

There is a variety of people posting on here, rednecks, pretenders, assholes... But we are all sports fans. Not everyone is going to high-brow or intellectually stimulating. If you are looking for that you need to go to Mensa.com. Otherwise, just relax and enjoy the smack talk.

Besides, this is where we go to vent when we are angry and applaud when our Bears win.

Just saying...

C

cubzzzfanincali

That is like saying Miss America contestants should be judged solely for their intellect. It's just not gonna happen. The world needs boobs, and this board is full of them. But that's what makes it great.

There is a variety of people posting on here, rednecks, pretenders, assholes... But we are all sports fans. Not everyone is going to high-brow or intellectually stimulating. If you are looking for that you need to go to Mensa.com. Otherwise, just relax and enjoy the smack talk.

Besides, this is where we go to vent when we are angry and applaud when our Bears win.

Just saying...

bingo. We're bimbos. Mimbos really. It's a sports board, not a geopolitical think tank.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Meatball Sports Fan.​

Chicago Bears Addition.​

The term “Meatball” is a person or fan who does some of the following. Not only says or does these things but, truly believes it….and tries to defend his stance on Social Media. For Some, they don’t know they are a meatball, it can come as a shock and they will try and fight the notion. Others will “embrace” their meatballism. And try and tell you- “SO WHAT, I like Meatballs”

There are degrees of Meatballness, some of these things are not that big of a deal...others, well... yeah.

So, here we go- Are you a Meatball Sports Fan?:
1. Believe in “BEAR Weather” the Bears will win if it’s below 30 degrees.
2. All things 1985 are GREAT to bring up at anytime when the Chicago Bears are mentioned. (It’s been 29 years…time to move on)
3. EVERY first round pick- SUCKS!- Emery’s Stupid. (instant reaction. Feels may change, but when the Name is called meatball has: VERY Angry Face!
4. Chicago IS Tough!! The notion that this is a tough city and should base the team on “defense and running the ball” and that’s the only way it should be! 4 yards and a cloud of dust is GREAT! Even though that’s not the way of the NFL much anymore.
5. The Backup Quarterback is ALWAYS better then the starter. NO…MATTER…WHAT!
6. You hate the Packers. You would rather go 2-14 and beat the Packers twice then lose to them and go to the playoffs. And that Bears players should never be friendly with packers players- if a fight broke out that caused the Bears to lose a key player- you would think it’s worth it! Packers Suck!
6a. You can never say anything positive about the Packers. Period.
7. You think that “high motor” “grinder” “tough as nails” “scrappy” or similar attributes trump actual talent.
8. You think a player with a bad game/bad play should be “CUT” on the spot.
9. You think “Fire and Passion” are what it takes!
10. We should Fire Lovie Smith! he hasn’t made the playoffs in 5 years! We should have never fired Lovie- he would have made the playoffs this year-Trestman sucks!
11. Ditka, sausage, Ditka, 1985! Da Bears.
12. Urlacher, got screwed! He was only paid $78 million over his career- He only wanted another $4M, If BU was here last year we make the playoffs for SURE!
13. You insist on saying “we” won the Game, and “we” need to sign this player. Umm you sat on your ass and ate cheese balls and drank beer. YOU didn’t do anything. (but yeah that's not that big of a deal...we fans do feel like like part of the team- I'll let that pass)
14. Truly thinking and saying (often) That, YOU could do THAT! With references to past High School Football glory. “Man, Cutler Sucks! I can throw that deep out better them him! Dude remember sophomore year!!”(when you see this on the board PLEASE reference this #14!)

15. Suggesting Stupid “trades”: I think “WE, should trade Cutler for …..…” Which is usually followed by “hear me out, really, WE should.”
16. Most trade’s suggested are for past prime players, players with high contracts. No reguard for the cap or anything.

17. Same goes for all things GM... The NFL and salary cap is a maze and quite confusing to many fans. There are all kinds of rules and different types of contract stipulations- unless you actually ARE Cliff Stein- Please do some research before suggesting an "even swap trade" for a player.

18. Misogynistic overtones to many of their comments- This is most likely a veiled attempt to conceal their true number of "conquests" which is usually ZERO. (unless you're me)
19. Reference to former sports NUMBERS. "Dude, my tat is sweet- it's number 71, cause, like I crushed it when I wore that number in HS"- OR- "I like that player WE have the same number from when I played in college."
20. Repeated references to any of the following:

YOU are not a "REAL" Bear fan IF...
I Could WHIP your ASS!
I'm sooo Wasted- I'm gonna get my drink on- This bad play is going to make me switch to whiskey...drinking.

Note: This is all in good fun ladies and gents- I love the Chicago Bears and would gladly have a beer with anyone who spends the time discussing it on a message board. Meatball or not. If you're going to be a Meatball:

A) don't be surprised when you get called out
B) own it
C) Don't "over" own it

D) GO Bears!

:suds:

:lame:

Those would be me...........:lol:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saying...

AMEN:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want fans to be smart.

Yeah, and I just want Scarlett Johanson to blow me. Although, both seem equally unlikely to happen in this lifetime.

Going to an online sports forum looking for high intellect, is like going on a nation-wide search for the hottest Denny's waitress. Even when you find the best one, you're still going to be disappointed.

So, in the mean time. Learn to roll with the punches, meatball.