• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last of Us

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ended that show so fucking weak. The shortest episode of the season is the season finale?! Like, what weak, lazy showrunning.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ended that show so fucking weak. The shortest episode of the season is the season finale?! Like, what weak, lazy showrunning.
that's a dumb thing to complain about, IMO

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a dumb thing to complain about, IMO
Agree to disagree. I feel like the finale of a season should not be the shortest episode of the season. Doesn't necessarily need to be the longest, but it def shouldn't be the shortest, IMO.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the success of TLoU possibly cement the fact that video games CAN be made into fantastic series if given the proper treatment and funding?

Not sure what other games have quite this type of story. Maybe the success here reinvigorates the folks who were supposedly producing a series for Mass Effect? (Honestly seems Bioware has the most games I can see series being made from… ME, Dragon Age, Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights… )

And… is Season 3 of The Witcher ever coming?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I tuned out of this series just before ellies big gay date and let them sit on the dvr until today...gay date episode seemed to be be a big nothing throwaway. I imagine they were hoping for the same press they got from nicks tummy stick journey but probably only really appeased the "it was in the video game" crowd.

Now the next to last episode had some parts that were great but overall I think they dropped the ball again. I loved seeing Joel revert back to his we did what we had to to survive mode with the vengeful dirty cultists. Even the
cannibal
angle had promise but the child rapist and ellies frenzy death blow ala mortal combat could have been better.

Next stop the finale....

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I tuned out of this series just before ellies big gay date and let them sit on the dvr until today...gay date episode seemed to be be a big nothing throwaway. I imagine they were hoping for the same press they got from nicks tummy stick journey but probably only really appeased the "it was in the video game" crowd.
you realize that all the episodes are filmed before the season is aired, right?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These massively long waits between seasons are doing more to kill TV than anything else.
I read that this was the ultimate goal for Hollywood. Use the strike to cancel or remove a bunch of shows they don't want with Force Majeure. Clean slate if you will.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These massively long waits between seasons are doing more to kill TV than anything else.
But what is “TV” today?

CBS = Paramount = not TV
ABC = Disney = not TV
FOX = Disney = not TV
HBO = Max = not TV
Showtime = Paramount = not TV
NBC = Peacock (??) = not TV
CW = Max = not TV

Netflix = not TV
Hulu = not TV
Apple = not TV

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any evidence to back that up? For example shows that did very well one season and the next a couple years later did poorly? While I can be frustrated by long waits, especially for 8 -10 episode seasons, I suspect there is little evidence long waits kill series or TV in general.