• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send Me No Flowers

Rock Hudson, Doris Day, Tony Randal, Paul Lynde, Louis Nye, Clint Walker.

Classic 60's comedy with Rock as a a hypochondriac....

8.5/10

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many new movies that are worth a crap these days. I just watched Wrath of Khan for the billionth time.

I've got all of season 2 of the Mandalorian waiting in the wings for a binge watch. Can't wait.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Ma Raineys Black Bottom. Chadwicks final role.

Yeah. He's really, really fucking good. When he wins the statue its not gonna be some pity award. Like Ledger, he earned it.

we just finished that movie. Nothing like I expected, but very weel done. Viloa Davis gains weight to play Ma, and she is one sassy lady. So sad when you see Boseman's performance that we lost a true talent too early. You could tell he was dealing with the cancer, he looked to have lost weight.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1492: Conquest of Paradise (Ridley Scott)

When they are nearing the coast as the depth drops and the fog clears is pretty cool. Seconds before they wanted his head.

The Mission (Roland Joffe, music from Ennio Morricone)

The waterfall is the star but the cast is great.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Amistad & Ali again. I'd seen both when they came out but that was a long time ago. Spielberg laid a syrupy soundtrack over too much of Amistad that damn near ruined it for me. Some of the dialog was pretty cornball too. But it's worth a watch otherwise and especially for the performances of Djimon Hounsou as the lead African and Anthony Hopkins as John Quincy Adams who represented the Africans in front of scotus. 7/10

Ali was enjoyable also, though there are documentaries that are better if you're an Ali fan. It really only scratched the surface, but the boxing scenes were well done and Will Smith was excellent as Ali. I'm so used to seeing him playing variations of Will Smith that I forgot the guy can really act. 7/10

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Little Things

The production is good, the acting is good, but that is kinda where it stops. The character development is pretty much absent even though it seems set up to make strides. The story is a shit show, an absolute let down and a mess. There are literally scenes that serve absolutely no purpose to anything in the movie. Majorly disappointed.

4.5 out of 10.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Your Woman - Rachael Brosnahan (Mrs Maisel) on the run with her baby, as the wife of a criminal who got involved in something that is not made entirely clear. Her hubby is only in the first few minutes. If, like me, you're a fan of Brosnahan and Mrs Maisel, don't let that rope you in. I can't overemphasize how much of a tedious mess this is, including her performance. She appears to be on Quaaludes for much of the movie. It might have been halfway decent if they'd cut at least half of the 2 hour run time out. There was a ton of completely useless filler.. scenes of the landscape and people gazing mournfully.
2/10.. upgraded for a soundtrack that featured a few good tunes.

One Night in Miami- I really enjoyed this one. It's a fictional what if Sam Cooke, Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown & Malcom X spent a night together in 1964 Miami around the time Ali beat Liston and converted to Islam. It took awhile for me to warm to it, mostly getting used to the fact that the actor playing Ali is not a great Ali.. but I'd just re-watched Ali where Will Smith was excellent, so maybe that's just me. I question whether it's best picture worthy which it's being touted as, but definitely worth a watch. 8/10

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rewatched LA Confidential. It’s about as perfect of a movie as you’ll see.

A

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rewatched LA Confidential. It’s about as perfect of a movie as you’ll see.

A
I haven’t seen that movie since the theaters. I was never a huge fan, but that is likely more because I am not a huge fan of Noir.

I should give it another viewing one of these years.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marksman.

I give it a 2/5. pretty boring and not much of a story.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched The Dark Knight. Still love this movie and really wish that Heath Ledger didn't pass before this came out. This movie would've solidified him as a headliner for years I believe.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Little Things (2 of 5 Stars.)

Movies today are shit, its not really debatable, its all remakes and franchises. That said, this movies story seemed to be better than the majority of things to come out in the last 5-10 yrs, until it ended and wasnt really all that much better. I dont think the acting was all that good, especially from 3 Oscar Winners... Remi Malek seems to be hiding his buckteeth through the whole film, and its going to run him out of hollywood, if his over acting doesnt first. He will always have Freddie. Jared Leto i didnt really recognize since I saw him last, it was obviously him though, I thought he played a character he couldnt relate to at all, and overacted the part to the point of a caricature, just completely unreal for a supposedly clever sociopath. Denzel Washington, did the best but his personal idiosyncrasies shine through making his character just Denzel Washington as a good cop. His best days hopefully arent all in the past. Seemed like three "great actors" mailed it in. The Story was anticlimactic, and seemed like the writer/s got an Idea and just could never put the right ending on a story that turned into something more akin to a recipe.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched The Dark Knight. Still love this movie and really wish that Heath Ledger didn't pass before this came out. This movie would've solidified him as a headliner for years I believe.
And if he hadn't died, I would've liked to have seen if the Joker would somehow have been involved with The Dark Knight Rises.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grey Zone

Harvey Keitel, Steve Buschemi, David Arquette, Mira Sorvino.

Sonderkommandos at Auschwitz plot to blow up the crematoriums before they’re killed themselves.

Had never seen the story told from this angle. More than disturbing. Did not sleep well after watching. But worth a watch if you look for humanization of dehumanizing events.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matewan (1987)

Factually based story of a mining town in West Virginia, roughly 100 years ago. Union organizers come in from outside, and meet very strong resistance from the company owners. For example, the mining company bought up all the residential property in town, and every lease had a clause allowing termination if any tenant joined a union.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer
Probably the best movie Justin Timberlake has done in his acting career.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenland...

CAN THIS BITCH EX WIFE (no wonder he divorced her) SHUT THE EVER LIVING FUCK UP!? Oh yah, you were happy to divorce him, take the home, custody of the kid, treat him like a servant... but when shit goes down it's "OMG HALP!" and then EVEN WHEN HE'S basically the only reason she's going to survive she's STILL BITCHING HIM OUT.

Dude... are women today just signing their own death sentence? No wonder they don't want sex robots and fleshlights. And every single disaster movie for some fucking reason seems to be this way. Then the woman at the end is like, "Oh you saved my life, I guess I'll let you fuck me again."

This is an anti-marriage/breeding movie. Well done, Hollyweird. "My family wasn't selected, Ma'm". Exactly, check your crotch fruit, I'm a mother/whoman/bullshit privilege and cram your kid back up your own vagina. And the response, "I'm sorry, I am, but...." BUT!? FUCKIN' SERIOUS!?

Special effects were great. I'll boost it another 2 stars because it reminded me of why women are NOT a worthwhile investment given the feminist culture today.

/endrant

Last edited: