• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Dance....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, by today's NBA rules, most of the greats in the 80s certainly, and even the 90's would foul out a lot too.

The 90's was more violent and physical than the 80's. I think 80's players would have an easier time adjusting to today's game.

They'd have some guys get kicked out and suspended (McHale may have gotten arrested lol) as they adjusted to the rules...but there were some guys in the 90's that wouldn't even be in the league today.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 90's was more violent and physical than the 80's. I think 80's players would have an easier time adjusting to today's game.

They'd have some guys get kicked out and suspended (McHale may have gotten arrested lol) as they adjusted to the rules...but there were some guys in the 90's that wouldn't even be in the league today.

Bill Laimbeer comes to mind.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the league "over corrected" when they cracked down on the physical play as hard as they did. But it's a better game to watch than what we saw in the 90's (as much fun as that could be).

Yeah. I really hate the foul hunting that occurs today. They really need to fix that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Laimbeer comes to mind.

Laimbeer actually would have been okay in today's game (once he learned he couldn't clobber people whenever he felt like it) because he actually had some offense and was a solid perimeter shooter.

Now, Anthony Mason, he wouldn't have been in the league. lol

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laimbeer actually would have been okay in today's game (once he learned he couldn't clobber people whenever he felt like it) because he actually had some offense and was a solid perimeter shooter.

Now, Anthony Mason, he wouldn't have been in the league. lol
To be fair, he would probably been in jail for something else anyway.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I really hate the foul hunting that occurs today. They really need to fix that.

That's why I find Harden so hard to watch.

The rules to cut down on that stuff are already there. The refs just need to start calling it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible for Pippen to be paid more than Jordan. Jordan was paid $33 million in 1998. The salary cap for the team was 26.9 million. In terms of today -- it'd be like a team paying a player $130 million a year (130% of the salary cap)

Jordan made more money than the 2nd and 3rd highest paid player combined:lol:

that's my point... Pippen was already upset he wasn't being paid, now at 32 years old and a bad back, why would he take a 1 year deal?? if he is not gonna get paid like a number 1, then there was no chance he would do it... and the only way for him to being paid like that is if michael took a big salary cut... which would also not happen because michael was always a clear ego maniac...

if michael really wanted to play one more year, then he should have made it clear that he would take that cut... don't put it on pippin it was all up to him..

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t remember much of that game. But I also can’t trust this docuseries in how ROUGH the game was. It felt like a device to show how hard Michael had it and how much he overcame.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I find Harden so hard to watch.

The rules to cut down on that stuff are already there. The refs just need to start calling it.

agreed, it’s an abomination honestly

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's my point... Pippen was already upset he wasn't being paid, now at 32 years old and a bad back, why would he take a 1 year deal?? if he is not gonna get paid like a number 1, then there was no chance he would do it... and the only way for him to being paid like that is if michael took a big salary cut... which would also not happen because michael was always a clear ego maniac...

if michael really wanted to play one more year, then he should have made it clear that he would take that cut... don't put it on pippin it was all up to him..

The last year was never happening. Phil Jackson wasn't coming back. It wouldn't matter what the Bulls offered. Once they told Phil Jackson he could go 82-0 and it was still his last year -- you knew another year wasn't happening.

After I don't think Pippen would have stayed for any 1 year deal. They could have offered him $30 million and he would have walked.

That 6 year deal he signed is what killed Pippen, but Pippen has no one to blame but himself for that deal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last year was never happening. Phil Jackson wasn't coming back. It wouldn't matter what the Bulls offered. Once they told Phil Jackson he could go 82-0 and it was still his last year -- you knew another year wasn't happening.

After I don't think Pippen would have stayed for any 1 year deal. They could have offered him $30 million and he would have walked.

That 6 year deal he signed is what killed Pippen, but Pippen has no one to blame but himself for that deal.

just commenting about the last interview in the docuseries. Michael thought that if given a chance everyone would jump to do the one more year. My point is simply is even if Phil Jackson did stay, Pippen would not have. There is no chance they would have been able to pay those expiring contracts. It was the RIGHT move to rebuild.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just commenting about the last interview in the docuseries. Michael thought that if given a chance everyone would jump to do the one more year. My point is simply is even if Phil Jackson did stay, Pippen would not have. There is no chance they would have been able to pay those expiring contracts. It was the RIGHT move to rebuild.

No doubt. While I'm sure Chicago could have paid both MJ and Pippen a fortune for one year -- I can't imagine Pippen would have signed a one year deal.
Obviously Jordan knows more than anyone else, but I think he is wrong in this instance.
Breaking up the team may have been the right move, but Krause went about so unbelievably wrong. How do you tell a coach he has won you 5 championships that he could go 82-0 and he was still not coaching the next year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. While I'm sure Chicago could have paid both MJ and Pippen a fortune for one year -- I can't imagine Pippen would have signed a one year deal.
Obviously Jordan knows more than anyone else, but I think he is wrong in this instance.
Breaking up the team may have been the right move, but Krause went about so unbelievably wrong. How do you tell a coach he has won you 5 championships that he could go 82-0 and he was still not coaching the next year.

yes, Krause was wrong. But Jerry reinsdorf asked him back. But the owner also knew they were not going to pay all the players. And knew it was a rebuild. Jackson did not want to coach for a rebuild.

So yea, Krause and the bulls handled it wrong, but it somehow seemed to be good motivation for the players. So it couldn’t be ALL WRONG!!!! And there was a lot of reality in the statement because of so many free agents.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. That is the issue.

He should have let it happen naturally. Instead he very publicly made it known that Phil was out and Pippen probably was too. That naturally pushed MJ out the door.

If he stayed quiet like he should have, Pippen leaves via free agency, Phil leaves on his own accord and MJ still retires. But then Krause doesn’t have to endure the rest of his life as the man who broke up one of the great dynasties in NBA history.

Instead he would be remembered only as the man who built it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pippen ended up making a lot of money on his final contract.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t tag me, but you sure as hell talked about me. See the Caffey thread liar.

The Bulls were great and they were great because of Jordan. That still doesn’t make him a glue guy and this has absolutely nothing to do with LeBron James. I also never claimed Jordan was disruptive in any of the ways you were talking about. I claimed he was a bully. And now you have seen video proof of that fact.

This may be one of your worst posts ever, and that is really hard to do.
My God, 2 whole posts in a span of 17 days?!?

It's like you're being stalked.
Or better yet, How about you fuck off and stop with your bullshit of having to say something negative about a single player in just about every one of your idiotic posts.

I mean, what the fuck? Did Lebron fuck your Mom and not call her back or what?

The bottom line is that Jordan's presence and influence on his teammates was never at any time in question from my vantage point. The two of you can spin in it in whichever way you wish to spin it, but that still does not make it true.

I worked last weekend and watched episode 9 for the first time yesterday. Hope ya'll enjoyed the doc in its entirely...

And hopefully you didn't need Sam Smith's validation to do so. While the whole Utah pizza thing may have seemed like a spin job that he alluded to, there's a reason Jerry Krause (R.I.P.) hated Smith and that guy's word doesn't need to be the deciding one.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen ended up making a lot of money on his final contract.

Too much, if anything. His career earnings from his basketball service in its entirety was actually greater than that of Jordan.