• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Dance....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The doc definitely did him wrong

I don't think they did him wrong. That was pretty much an accurate portrayal of Jerry Krause. People have talked for years about the ego he had and how douchey he could be.

Pippen though, he does have some minor quips.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost done with it... Up to episode 9.. But i am actually very disappointed with it...

the Docuseries is called the last dance NOT the Michael Jordan Lovefest... Yes we get that you can't talk about the the Bulls Dynasty without Michael... and we all know he is the best player of all time... But still, the whole series seems too much of a love letter to Jordan... I mean even the way it was structured, lets show Michael's entire Bulls career!!!

I was a big bulls fan during this dynasty, but as i aged, i soured on Michael... And i will never forgive him for going to baseball... I still don't get it... If he claims that the media pushed him into it... Well, the media destroyed him in baseball too... If he claims that it was because his dad always wanted him to play, then dont you think his dad would have rather Michael be a good father to his three kids in retirement?????

I mean, when was the last time a 30 year old began Minor league baseball and was successful??? now add in the fact that he is 6'6, in a sport where height is NOT an advantage(its actually a huge disadvantage)... especially for a player who is not going to hit for power...

and before anyone says, well, he was a special case because any time he was an underdog he used it to find success... That is also BS... His freshman high school year when he was cut, it was because he was too small... once he grew, that's when he was given the chance to play...

Lots of his career is romanticized.... That doesn't take away the fact he was the greatest... But back to the point, did we need a reminder that he was the greatest?? i know i didn't, and in fact this docuseries has hurt my view of him even more... because now i know that he wanted people to love him so much 20+ years later that he produced this and took out anything negative about him... And in the documentary he laughed off anyone who said anything negative about him... Even if it was a simple His game was not as good as it was...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost done with it... Up to episode 9.. But i am actually very disappointed with it...

the Docuseries is called the last dance NOT the Michael Jordan Lovefest... Yes we get that you can't talk about the the Bulls Dynasty without Michael... and we all know he is the best player of all time... But still, the whole series seems too much of a love letter to Jordan... I mean even the way it was structured, lets show Michael's entire Bulls career!!!

I was a big bulls fan during this dynasty, but as i aged, i soured on Michael... And i will never forgive him for going to baseball... I still don't get it... If he claims that the media pushed him into it... Well, the media destroyed him in baseball too... If he claims that it was because his dad always wanted him to play, then dont you think his dad would have rather Michael be a good father to his three kids in retirement?????

I mean, when was the last time a 30 year old began Minor league baseball and was successful??? now add in the fact that he is 6'6, in a sport where height is NOT an advantage(its actually a huge disadvantage)... especially for a player who is not going to hit for power...

and before anyone says, well, he was a special case because any time he was an underdog he used it to find success... That is also BS... His freshman high school year when he was cut, it was because he was too small... once he grew, that's when he was given the chance to play...

Lots of his career is romanticized.... That doesn't take away the fact he was the greatest... But back to the point, did we need a reminder that he was the greatest?? i know i didn't, and in fact this docuseries has hurt my view of him even more... because now i know that he wanted people to love him so much 20+ years later that he produced this and took out anything negative about him... And in the documentary he laughed off anyone who said anything negative about him... Even if it was a simple His game was not as good as it was...

Seems like the intent was to remind everyone that he's the greatest. Game of Zones is having a lot of fun with it.

Maybe this is nothing, but I was questioning the fact that they didn't show the ending of the national championship game where the Georgetown player throws away the ball. I was wondering if Jordan specifically wanted it that way.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they did him wrong. That was pretty much an accurate portrayal of Jerry Krause. People have talked for years about the ego he had and how douchey he could be.

Some of that could be because he didn't get the natural credit he definitely deserved though. I'm not saying he isn't awkward because he is but again if you read why he "broke the bulls up" it makes sense. First off despite Michael undoubtedly deserving the contract he got he could have restructured for a more team friendly deal to keep those guys. I don't remember what the cap structure was like but I recall it being a harder cap than it is now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I've said before if you knew nothing about MJ and Isiah Thomas and all you did was listen to their HOF speeches Isiah isn't the one you would think has a personality issue.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've said before if you knew nothing about MJ and Isiah Thomas and all you did was listen to their HOF speeches Isiah isn't the one you would think has a personality issue.

just finished it all... episode 9 was by far the best episode, because it was the only one that told a NON michael story for longer than 5 minutes... and i also did not know that about steve kerr...

episode 10 was a joke... michael needs to have the last word on everything... As much as it is terrible that they didn't even try for a 7th... the reasoning made sense... and no way pippen would have came back... after hurting his back in that last game, and Never being paid like he should, he would have demanded the money... and no way would Michael have let pippen be paid more than him...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just finished it all... episode 9 was by far the best episode, because it was the only one that told a NON michael story for longer than 5 minutes... and i also did not know that about steve kerr...

episode 10 was a joke... michael needs to have the last word on everything... As much as it is terrible that they didn't even try for a 7th... the reasoning made sense... and no way pippen would have came back... after hurting his back in that last game, and Never being paid like he should, he would have demanded the money... and no way would Michael have let pippen be paid more than him...

mare you actually suggesting Pippen should have been paid more than Jordan?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Impossible for Pippen to be paid more than Jordan. Jordan was paid $33 million in 1998. The salary cap for the team was 26.9 million. In terms of today -- it'd be like a team paying a player $130 million a year (130% of the salary cap)

Jordan made more money than the 2nd and 3rd highest paid player combined:lol:

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible for Pippen to be paid more than Jordan. Jordan was paid $33 million in 1998. The salary cap for the team was 26.9 million. In terms of today -- it'd be like a team paying a player $130 million a year (130% of the salary cap)

Jordan made more money than the 2nd and 3rd highest paid player combined:lol:
Plus Pippen being underpaid is his own fault for making a bad deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mare you actually suggesting Pippen should have been paid more than Jordan?

Not in terms of value.

But in terms of how terribly Pippen was underpaid by the Bulls over his tenure there? Yes. Had they come back for 1 more year Pippen should have been paid more than Jordan for that year. And Jordan absolutely should have been willing to concede his own paycheck to make it happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. He definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves for building that team.

His basketball knowledge enabled him to put together a team that went on an amazing run. Then his ego tore it all apart.

Funny things is, had he been able to keep his ego in check, he'd probably be getting a lot more credit than he does now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Pippen being underpaid is his own fault for making a bad deal.

I understand now why Pippen made the deal, but it most definitely screwed him out of a lot of money. He wanted to make sure he had the security to take care of his extremely large family with 2 people in wheel chairs.

When the team owner is asking you if you are sure you want to sign a deal that long -- you know you are making a mistake. But huge props for him signing the deal to make sure his family would always be taken care of.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About half way through the series. Pretty good so far.

It's amazing to watch how violent the game was back then compared to today. I remember the Pistons and how dirty they were but this series did a good job really highlighting it.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About half way through the series. Pretty good so far.

It's amazing to watch how violent the game was back then compared to today. I remember the Pistons and how dirty they were but this series did a good job really highlighting it.
You should watch some from the 80s, McHale clothes lining Rambis comes to mind, and he didn't even get a tech over it. The Sixers and Celtics had some good throw downs too.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should watch some from the 80s, McHale clothes lining Rambis comes to mind, and he didn't even get a tech over it. The Sixers and Celtics had some good throw downs too.

I watched the games certainly. I remember the Sixers run in 83 well. But it wasn't like teams were throwing haymakers at each other every game.

Some of the punches that were shown in the Last Dance would get you 5 game suspensions today. Maybe even more.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the games certainly. I remember the Sixers run in 83 well. But it wasn't like teams were throwing haymakers at each other every game.

Some of the punches that were shown in the Last Dance would get you 5 game suspensions today. Maybe even more.

Yeah, imo, the 80's was the best mix of styles. There was physical play, but not so much that it ever stopped looking like basketball.

There were a lot of games in the 90's that really didn't look all that much like basketball except for the court having baskets at each end of it. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, imo, the 80's was the best mix of styles. There was physical play, but not so much that it ever stopped looking like basketball.

There were a lot of games in the 90's that really didn't look all that much like basketball except for the court having baskets at each end of it. lol

It is kinda amazing that the NBA allowed guys like Lambier to do what he did in the late 80s early 90s. It wasn't basketball.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, by today's NBA rules, most of the greats in the 80s certainly, and even the 90's would foul out a lot too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kinda amazing that the NBA allowed guys like Lambier to do what he did in the late 80s early 90s. It wasn't basketball.

I think it was a bit of a "Catch-22" for the NBA.

Prior to Magic and Bird, it was a "niche league" that had some of it's championship games shown on tape delay at 11:30 at night.

Magic and Bird got the NBA to be taken seriously, but in the 80's every championship series had either the Lakers, the Celtics or both in it. And the title was only won by a team other than the Lakers or Celtics twice. Once in 1983 when your Sixers won and then in 1989 when the Bad Boy Pistons got their first title.

Other teams saw how the Pistons won and started mimicking that.

That put the league in a tough spot.

While it was ugly basketball (which was bad), it was allowing more teams a shot at a title (which was good).

I think the league "over corrected" when they cracked down on the physical play as hard as they did. But it's a better game to watch than what we saw in the 90's (as much fun as that could be).