• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers are expected to offer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what did they get from those four you mentioned TLF besides getting their attention? Walton was on the last championship as a role player. Everyone else was just money spent.

Well the Lakers way over paid for Kwame Brown but he got us Pau Gasol - and that's my point. The Lakers acquisitions this summer most likely will not be the championship team of the Lakers future. Multiple signings and trades will most likely occur before the Lakers get that championship team. I don't want to sound depressing, but rebuilding a new team that will contend - it takes time and it starts out with improving the team to sign and trade for the best players. At least that's the way it seems to have worked before, but if the Lakers get lucky and get the best - I am all for that - we got lucky with Gasol and we can do it again

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Walton by the way was not championship material - he was just a scrub getting a free ride

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Yea, Walton was exactly that. Supposed filler of the pieces that we had then.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports is floating a story that Dragic no longer trusts the Suns and wants out. So what. Wait until the season is done and then sign him, I say.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports is floating a story that Dragic no longer trusts the Suns and wants out. So what. Wait until the season is done and then sign him, I say.

absolutely. no need to rush up on this considering that it really isn't gonna help us for this season anyways...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

absolutely. no need to rush up on this considering that it really isn't gonna help us for this season anyways...

:agree:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what did they get from those four you mentioned TLF besides getting their attention? Walton was on the last championship as a role player. Everyone else was just money spent.
They were stepping stones to better players that brought us championships, kind of like spending $2K to buy a good used car with low mileage, then trading it in for a better car and eventually trading that in. Very few teams have ever put a championship contender over night

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it takes building blocks but you want the blocks to contribute and those four were just taking up a roster spot and salaries. Walton maybe close to what you are describing but the other three that were "traded-in" didn't get us the "new car' we all wanted.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it takes building blocks but you want the blocks to contribute and those four were just taking up a roster spot and salaries. Walton maybe close to what you are describing but the other three that were "traded-in" didn't get us the "new car' we all wanted.

That's my point - but right now the Lakers have to stay focused on getting that draft pick. If they had made the trade - they could have easily lost that pick and still lost the player in the summer. In the summer they will hopefully get some good players that puts the Lakers back in the playoffs. That doesn't mean they will be contenders though because it most likely means they will use those players to trade for better players or players that fit better. In the post Shaq era, the Lakers picked up Kwame Brown, and others that got traded for the team that won titles. I am not opposed to an team that instantly wins a title next year or in 2017, but I personally do not believe that is realistic. I think it will take a couple of more years if not 3 or 4 to find the right combination by trial and error. I do acknowledge, however all it would take is the right two players for the Lakers to suddenly be an over-night success and I do support the idea of that happening

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's plain an simple: The team needs a young star. As much as I like Kobe, he's on a fast decline.

Put a guy who can give us 25ppg and can play 38+ minutes a game CONSISTANTLY on the team we currently have and we make the playoffs.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's plain an simple: The team needs a young star. As much as I like Kobe, he's on a fast decline.

Put a guy who can give us 25ppg and can play 38+ minutes a game CONSISTANTLY on the team we currently have and we make the playoffs.

Not a lot of guys doing that this year.