• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hairline Can (Still) Fly...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are not some of the best I have seen of him, they are creative but I am not sure they are dunk contest material either. Maybe there is still hope that all who want to see him in the contest might someday.

And as always he is in terrific shape...and looking a little more bald lately :D

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expectations are too high. No matter what he does He would have to moonwalk in the air from the halfcourt line to satisfy everyone. He is more of an in game power dunker than a creative dunk contest dunker.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the media is acting like these are AMAZING dunks. I bet 3/4 of the NBA can do this.
Btw this is in the Suns practice arena. :)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the media is acting like these are AMAZING dunks. I bet 3/4 of the NBA can do this.
Btw this is in the Suns practice arena. :)

Lol this is exactly why Lebron doesn't enter the dunk contest.

He can throw it off the wall of a gym, coordinate it so it bounces perfectly, leaps one foot past the free throw line and slams it with authority and people are going to say oh that's not impressive 3/4 of the nba can do that.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol this is exactly why Lebron doesn't enter the dunk contest.

He can throw it off the wall of a gym, coordinate it so it bounces perfectly, leaps one foot past the free throw line and slams it with authority and people are going to say oh that's not impressive 3/4 of the nba can do that.

So you don't think the majority of the NBA can do those dunks? Almost all of Lebrons dunks just involve him throwing it down with power. Lets see some finesse moves. Just because you can rock the rim doesn't make it AMAZING.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly why the dunk contest is not worth it, it used to be great now it is just meh.

No point in entering it, especially since there is nothing else to do to be creative.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not known for finesse he is known for dunking on or over people. IMO a dunkface is the best kind, gets everyone pumped up.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think the majority of the NBA can do those dunks? Almost all of Lebrons dunks just involve him throwing it down with power. Lets see some finesse moves. Just because you can rock the rim doesn't make it AMAZING.

When I'm judging a dunk I'm judging the entire act

The dunk itself...it's a normal Lebron dunk we see all the time

It's the way in which he did it that has people impressed. Not many players can throw a precise pass, time the bounce, jump one foot past the free throw line and slam it with authority the way Lebron did it.

Could he have added some more flair to the dunk...of course

But do you really think he's going to show his best dunk material in practice? Most of the time he's just goofing around and doing it effortlessly

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE'S the one that keeps on throwing gas on the flames, not the fans.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes natural and easy to him and he so precise. I'm sure he would come up with something original.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The throw was more impressive than anything else. That gets style points alone.

It looked like he had the arm-cannon of an NFL QB mixed with the pool playing caroms of some billiards hustler.

He chucked it a country mile with enough speed and precision to perfectly bounce where he needed it.

I doubt seriously the majority or the NBA can make a perfect set-up throw like those.....

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else see Disney's story on this... full of back-handed compliments. The author suggested that LeBron chose that environment because missed dunks could be conveniently "edited out".

Well at least 1 local Phoenix reporter (who has never been afraid to throw a dig at LeBron) was present and refuted that misses were edited out. He seemed very impressed with the show... it's the sort of thing that electrifies much more in person than on camera.

I agree with others that its the throws of these that are impressive. I doubt anyone (including LeBron) would try those at a dunk contest because the throw has to be so perfect and there would be a high chance of having to repeat the throw over and over and over.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew I hope it goes down in practice and ultimately builds up to the actual dunk contest!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL PHO, you know that got in there head when you post about it on your team's website. PHO players handled the media trolls really well though.

Hornacek brings up a thought I posted in that I would rather see LBJ in the skills contest...it's all in the pass. LBJs passing is way more spectacular than any in game/out of game dunk he has ever made.

It would be awesome if LBJ and Green got into a dunk contest pregame!!!!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be worth the price of admission right there..... a LeBron vs. Green dunk off. Sweet jesus :clap2:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure Green wins that, LBJ has a bunch of these rinky dink ones that look great at the playground but I feel Green will have some 360 windmill shit.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dunks are cool. But don't fool yourselves. NBA players do stuff like this in practice all the time. It's a common occurrence for guys to do crazy dunks, 3/4 court shots, random trick shots etc just to goof around and half the time they're betting money with each other to see who can do it better. This is only getting airtime because its Lebron and the dunk contest is Saturday.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to go with Gerald Green on that one. I got a chance to see him firsthand and he's been this creative as a dunker since high school