• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Great Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty cool, does the chart each year from 1960 on. In 1999 Elway and Marino were leaders and only 1 game apart. Manning and Favre tied at 186 wins

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Wilson is he walked right in and took charge. Has never missed a game, and his first nine seasons the best in NFL history, one play doesn't change that.

SB champ in his second season, another SB in his third.

Warren Moon
Dan Marino
Fran Tarkenton
Philip Rivers
Dan Fouts
Jim Kelly

....never wining a SB.
Problem is your take is retarded. So many things wrong with your post. Go look at the 2014 NFC championship game and with a straight face say Wilson is the reason they were a Super Bowl contender.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are nice and everything but right now I need playoff wins and getting back to a SB. That's the most important thing at the moment.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are nice and everything but right now I need playoff wins and getting back to a SB. That's the most important thing at the moment.

You'd need an O-line, a running game and a D-line and coverage to get back and win the SB.

Wilson has won without an O-line or a D-Line or a running game last few years but that's not enough.

Give him some protection or give him a defense or both.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just setting arbitrary bench marks that really mean nothing especially in today's era of football where a ton of people are breaking the benchmarks you are listing.

Passing for over 4000 yards in a season anymore isnt some great benchmark. Most half decent decent QB's should pass for 4000 in a season. 12 QB's did it last year, 11 the year before, 12 the year before that. Kirk Cousins has passed that benchmark 5 out 6 season that he has played. Does that mean he should be thought of some great QB?

Russell Wilson in terms of passing yards in a season
Has NEVER finished in the top 5 in passing yards in any season in his entire career.
He has only finished in the top 5 in passing TD's in a season 4 times.

Joe Montana in his first 9 season (only played 10 so...)
Finished in the top 5 in passing yards in a season 4 times
Finished in the top 5 in passing TD's in a season 6 times.

Russ is great. But let's not act like he is a HISTORICALLY great QB to be talked of in the likes of Marino, Montana or Brady. How he grades against his peers (people who played in his era...this current one), he doesn't even stack up as a top 3 or 4 QB of this era. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning ect all stack up better in historical terms thus far better than Wilson does right now.

Stats are one thing, winning is everything.

Wilson has won more games in 9 seasons than any QB in NFL history.

Game, set match.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is your take is retarded. So many things wrong with your post. Go look at the 2014 NFC championship game and with a straight face say Wilson is the reason they were a Super Bowl contender.

First off stop with the stupid......go to a game.......this isn't about A game, ok dummy? This is about a nine season career, you realy didn't pick up on that?

Nobody has had a better first nine seasons that Russell Wilson, go ahead try to prove that wrong.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty cool, does the chart each year from 1960 on. In 1999 Elway and Marino were leaders and only 1 game apart. Manning and Favre tied at 186 wins

Now where were those guys....AFTER NINE SEASONS......ok?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has never had an All Pro/stud TE, never had a Julio Jones, Randy Moss, Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill. Ah. when he FINALLY got something close....40tds.

What he has done without a stable of stud receivers is amazing. Think if were of had Mark Clayton/Tony Nathan/Mrk Duper like Marino, or a Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne like Peyton had, and he spent too much time with BEASTMODE.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think I need to Google all this stuff, really?
Glad you asked.

Yes, yes I do.

I didn’t think so at first, but then you posted something with cliff note citations in it. Probably from Wikipedia.
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you asked.

Yes, yes I do.

I didn’t think so at first, but then you posted something with cliff note citations in it. Probably from Wikipedia.
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

Sometimes I want to show something to someone, that is the only time I Google.

So you don't buy born in 1949, got into pro football around 1958 and am a track/footbal/music historian?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I want to show something to someone, that is the only time I Google.

So you don't buy born in 1949, got into pro football around 1958 and am a track/footbal/music historian?
Riggght... “show” something... like when you’re trying to prove you’re more knowledgeable than @jarntt at track history so you whip out some Wiki to prove your case?

I wouldn’t buy a glass of water from you if I was dying in the desert.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riggght... “show” something... like when you’re trying to prove you’re more knowledgeable than @jarntt at track history so you whip out some Wiki to prove your case?

I wouldn’t buy a glass of water from you if I was dying in the desert.

Ah, how else can you prove something without showing it in print?

Who takes anyones word for anything?

Would you believe me if I told you your Steelers tried out Tennessee sprinter Leonard Scott who at 9,91 made him the fastest footballer ever? So no proof needed....right?

I Google to prove things not find things out.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off stop with the stupid......go to a game.......this isn't about A game, ok dummy? This is about a nine season career, you realy didn't pick up on that?

Nobody has had a better first nine seasons that Russell Wilson, go ahead try to prove that wrong.
But you talked about his winning a Super Bowl and going to a Super Bowl within those nine 9.

Im stupid, you literally posted the most moronic statement in history saying Russell Wilson has had the best start to his career, in which easily Brady and Montana have him lapped. Quick question, how many times have the Seahawks been to the NFC championship games during a season Wilson threw for 4,000 yards? He wanted the best defense in football history gone so he could be the leader. Under his leadership he is putting up great season numbers but being the worst statistical QB in the playoffs for an early round bouncing.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you talked about his winning a Super Bowl and going to a Super Bowl within those nine 9.

Im stupid, you literally posted the most moronic statement in history saying Russell Wilson has had the best start to his career, in which easily Brady and Montana have him lapped. Quick question, how many times have the Seahawks been to the NFC championship games during a season Wilson threw for 4,000 yards? He wanted the best defense in football history gone so he could be the leader. Under his leadership he is putting up great season numbers but being the worst statistical QB in the playoffs for an early round bouncing.

Dude, try reading the criteria involved here that I started this thread with, ok?

Give me somebody who did all that better in their first nine seasons, is this really all that confusing for you?

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, try reading the criteria involved here that I started this thread with, ok?

Give me somebody who did all that better in their first nine seasons, is this really all that confusing for you?
No one in history has had the best defense in NFL history for 4 straight years either. You are way out of your element when it comes to pro’s and con’s on Russell Wilson so run along lil fella.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in history has had the best defense in NFL history for 4 straight years either. You are way out of your element when it comes to pro’s and con’s on Russell Wilson so run along lil fella.

Terry Bradshaw had the Steel Curtain and played on a team with 8 other HOFers, who cares? Bart Starr played on a team with 8 other HOFers, who cares? Emmitt Smith was 4 yards down the field before anyone touched him behind that line, who cares?

That was weak guy, if his D was stopping everyone then why did he have so many come back wins and 4th Q heroics?

Here ya go...

Russell Wilson has the highest 4th-quarter passer rating (109.6) since 1991 among quarterbacks with 500 or more attempts. In 2017, Wilson finished the season with a 134.1 4th-quarter passer rating. The Seahawks have a +269 point differential in the fourth quarter since 2012, the best in the NFL.

Russell Wilson
Down 7-19 in the fourth quarter, the Seahawks came back to beat the Packers in overtime and clinch the NFC Championship. Russell Wilson has the highest 4th-quarter passer rating (109.6) since 1991 among quarterbacks with 500 or more attempts. In 2017, Wilson finished the season with a 134.1 4th-quarter passer rating.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What NFL QB ever had it better than this....

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His final NCAA season...

72.8 comp%
33/4 TD/INT
an NCAA record....191.8 passing efficency

Rookie NFL season.....26 TD passes tying the NFL record (Peyton)

Wilson has 7 pro bowls, 6 over 100 passer ratings, that is 13.

Who rivals that their first nine seasons?

Brady....5
Marino.....6
Peyton.....10
Rdgers....8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.