• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Great Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The traveling circus is always welcome back. I'm just here for the popcorn.

I used to moderate SUB10 a forum about sprinting, I was thrilled to have posters who brought stuff to get others involved I sure in the hell didn;t disrespect them.

What gives man?

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all... It's the pretentious & narcissistic "jousting" that comes with it that is the best part.
What about the specific parameters in order to prove a fallacy?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to moderate SUB10 a forum about sprinting, I was thrilled to have posters who brought stuff to get others involved I sure in the hell didn;t disrespect them.

What gives man?
I sat back & watched 20-25 pages worth of your Schwartz thread without much involvement in the side antics... I was happy to see the activity.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line....

Russell Wilson is doing things never seen before, how about....

No QB had ever...

passed for 4000 yards
passed for 30 TD's
ran for 500 yards in a season

Wilson has done that twice and 15 yards short of doing it three times.

Next season he passes Joe Montana in TD passes, by the end of the season he will be somewhere around 13th on the All Time list,

You are just setting arbitrary bench marks that really mean nothing especially in today's era of football where a ton of people are breaking the benchmarks you are listing.

Passing for over 4000 yards in a season anymore isnt some great benchmark. Most half decent decent QB's should pass for 4000 in a season. 12 QB's did it last year, 11 the year before, 12 the year before that. Kirk Cousins has passed that benchmark 5 out 6 season that he has played. Does that mean he should be thought of some great QB?

Russell Wilson in terms of passing yards in a season
Has NEVER finished in the top 5 in passing yards in any season in his entire career.
He has only finished in the top 5 in passing TD's in a season 4 times.

Joe Montana in his first 9 season (only played 10 so...)
Finished in the top 5 in passing yards in a season 4 times
Finished in the top 5 in passing TD's in a season 6 times.

Russ is great. But let's not act like he is a HISTORICALLY great QB to be talked of in the likes of Marino, Montana or Brady. How he grades against his peers (people who played in his era...this current one), he doesn't even stack up as a top 3 or 4 QB of this era. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning ect all stack up better in historical terms thus far better than Wilson does right now.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat back & watched 20-25 pages worth of your Schwartz thread without much involvement in the side antics... I was happy to see the activity.

My thing is generate action. get others invloved, I would think that would be a good thing on.......a messageboard.

Do you really think I need to Google all this stuff, really?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson made one of the all time worse Super Bowl blunders.

And yet, it seems like there has been an effort in the sports media to make like it never happened.
ESPN and the like all went into spin mode the second it happened ....questioning the play call.
Like that is somehow a license to throw an Int.
Wasnt the best throw or the best play call. But I think Butler just made the play. Having dissected the play enough to make me sick, thats my ultimate opinion.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Wilson is he walked right in and took charge. Has never missed a game, and his first nine seasons the best in NFL history, one play doesn't change that.
"one play doesn't change that"?

I would love to say this other play called "The catch" didn't change anything but I live in reality.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came across this and it blew me away... I mean, imagine if this guy actually had an O-line in front of him

While entirely true that he has been the most sacked AND he has played beyond some bad OLs in his career, the sack numbers are inflated by Russ style of play. By that I mean that he also holds onto the ball longer than almost any QB in the league, both to the reward and detriment of his game.

This article takes a specific game as an example but it applies to his whole career.

Does Wilson "deserve" better protection and OL personal? Wholeheartedly YES! But his inability to acknowledge that his own tendancies contribute to the very issue he is complaining about is odd. He is a smart player and I am sure he is well aware of this.

Therefore as a diehard fan of the team I have trouble mustering tons of sympathy for him unless he is willing to shave a few million off of his large deal to allow for OL issues to be addressed.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therefore as a diehard fan of the team I have trouble mustering tons of sympathy for him unless he is willing to shave a few million off of his large deal to allow for OL issues to be addressed.

I have been really, really, really surprised of the takes I hear from the average Seattle fan on Wilson over this summer and his demand for a better OL. I would have thought Wilson would have received more unconditional love than he does from Seattle fans.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we get to use the first 9 seasons of actually playing ball? And why only go with 30 tds? It should be a better number like 40tds

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been really, really, really surprised of the takes I hear from the average Seattle fan on Wilson over this summer and his demand for a better OL. I would have thought Wilson would have received more unconditional love than he does from Seattle fans.
I stand by Wilson 110% but his criticisms and timing regarding the situation is a bit puzzling. The issues I have with his statements are:
*He had the best pass blocking OL of his career (I believe that is correct) last year, yet this is the year he vocally complains.
*His contract somewhat hamstrings the team from making the improvements that he desires.
*Russ complains about getting sacked too often but he doesn't acknowledge that his holding onto the ball as long has he does has an added percentage to his sack numbers compared to other QBs numbers.
On the last point, I am not complaining at all as his tendancy to hold on to the ball for so long is more often a large positive than a negative. But it should be considered in the discussion.

Overall I consider Russ' "complaints" to be a minor powerplay that has been way overblown by story-hungry offseason media. But it could become a much larger concern if the OL plays poorly this season. Health, as always, may be a deciding factor in that performance. We will see.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"one play doesn't change that"?

I would love to say this other play called "The catch" didn't change anything but I live in reality.

I also live in reality, Russell Wilson the best Wisconsin QB, best Seahawk QB, considered to be one of the best current QB's in the game today. He won a Superbowl something a ton of HOF QB's can't say.

Onky a rookie comparas A play to a career.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just setting arbitrary bench marks that really mean nothing especially in today's era of football where a ton of people are breaking the benchmarks you are listing.

Passing for over 4000 yards in a season anymore isnt some great benchmark. Most half decent decent QB's should pass for 4000 in a season. 12 QB's did it last year, 11 the year before, 12 the year before that. Kirk Cousins has passed that benchmark 5 out 6 season that he has played. Does that mean he should be thought of some great QB?

Russell Wilson in terms of passing yards in a season
Has NEVER finished in the top 5 in passing yards in any season in his entire career.
He has only finished in the top 5 in passing TD's in a season 4 times.

Joe Montana in his first 9 season (only played 10 so...)
Finished in the top 5 in passing yards in a season 4 times
Finished in the top 5 in passing TD's in a season 6 times.

Russ is great. But let's not act like he is a HISTORICALLY great QB to be talked of in the likes of Marino, Montana or Brady. How he grades against his peers (people who played in his era...this current one), he doesn't even stack up as a top 3 or 4 QB of this era. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning ect all stack up better in historical terms thus far better than Wilson does right now.

Keep in mind this is just about those first nine seasons. ya sure ya want to compare Brady, Manning, Brees, if just talking first nine seasons. Don't ignore how far superior Wilson is at running the ball, it is a part of his game.

Marino had Tony Nathan a great pass catching RB, Mark Duper one of the fastest players in the NFL, Mark Clayton a total stud, who did Wilson gave?

Montana had Clarke, Rice, Solomon, Craig a fantastic pass catching RB, Taylor.

Once again compare pro bowls, comp%, TD/INT, passer rating, rushing yards in that first nine seasons of a career, nobody compares to Russell Wilson.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While entirely true that he has been the most sacked AND he has played beyond some bad OLs in his career, the sack numbers are inflated by Russ style of play. By that I mean that he also holds onto the ball longer than almost any QB in the league, both to the reward and detriment of his game.

This article takes a specific game as an example but it applies to his whole career.

Does Wilson "deserve" better protection and OL personal? Wholeheartedly YES! But his inability to acknowledge that his own tendancies contribute to the very issue he is complaining about is odd. He is a smart player and I am sure he is well aware of this.

Exactly. In todays NFL where QBs can just throw the ball away, a lot of sacks are on the QB. I don't watch enough Seahawks games to know how much Wilson does it, but I see it all the time where a QB gets sacked unnecessarily. The cynic in me suspects that's because incompletions get counted against QBs and sacks don't.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson and NFL history....

No QB in history had ever posted two 100 or better passer rating their first two seasons, Wilson the first.

No Qb ever had a 4000/30/500 season, Wilson 15 yards short of doing that three times.

When it comes to the running QB's like Vick, Cimmingham, Newton, Wilson is on a totally diffrent level throwing the ball.

No QB started more games in nine seasons than Wilson, no QB won more games in nine seasons that Wilson.

Dude is a stud, bonafide stud.

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another goodie to add...

After his five passing touchdowns against the Dallas Cowboys, Wilson has 14 passing touchdowns through the first three games of the season, more than any NFL quarterback ever. The record was previously held by Patrick Mahomes II, set in 2018 with 13 passing touchdowns.Sep 27, 2020

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All time TD Passing Leaders Top 20

RK PLAYER TD
1 TOM BRADY 581
2 Drew Brees 571
3 Peyton Manning 539
4 Brett Favre 508
5 Philip Rivers 421
6 Dan Marino 420
7 AARON RODGERS 412
8 BEN ROETHLISBERGER 396
9 Eli Manning 366
10 MATT RYAN 347
11 Fran Tarkenton 342
12 John Elway 300
13 Carson Palmer 294
14 Warren Moon 291
15 Johnny Unitas 290
16 MATTHEW STAFFORD 282
17 Vinny Testaverde 275
18 Joe Montana 273
19 RUSSELL WILSON 267
20 Dave Krieg 261

If Wilson has 30 which is his norm, he will have 297 after 2021, that puts him at number 13, and with a few more he could pass Elway at 12.

I can;t see him surpassing any in the top 8, but should end up in the top 10.

Fran Tarkenton needs more props, look at that 342, damn!

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing a little game here, works like this.

Wilson only has a nine season career, so I am only talking about those first nine seasons.

Give one point for...

pro bowls....7
60 or better comp%.....9
4000 or better yards.....4
30 or more TD....5
Less than 10 INT;s....5
100 or more passer rating....6
400 or more rushing yards....6

So adding that up......42

Now other QB in history comes close to that, try to prove me wrong.

Came across this and it blew me away... I mean, imagine if this guy actually had an O-line in front of him

Even though Wilson was the most sacked QB in the last 9 years, he's also the winningest QB in his first 9 years, surpassing Tom Brady.

Like the poster said, what if he had a real O-line for once...

Status
Not open for further replies.