• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The good, the bad and the Ugly....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So through 3 games what are everyone's thoughts on this team? I know we are 3-0 but clearly we have some serious issues. For me clearly the number 1 issue is we get absolutely no heat on the QB defensively. I get that our Cb's haven't played great, and our Lb's are pretty poor, but in my opinion all that doesn't come to be such a glaring weakness, if the D-line gets after the QB. Cedric Thornton to me does little if anything. Bennie Logan has been average at best. Fletcher Cox is Clearly the best D-linemen we have in a 3-4. I still think had we been playing a 4-3 with Graham and Curry on the outsides and Logan and Cox on the inside we have much more to offer as far as getting pressure on the QB. I think Clearly we are extremely weak at LB once you take Kendricks out of the lineup. We seriously lack Depth here, and honestly I think Ryans is pretty much toast.

The Good - Clealy our Special Teams are much Improved! Also I think our makeshift offensive line has done a decent job. Young Matthews and Ertz are showing why the Eagles made them both high draft picks. Darren Sproles has been a huge addition, as has Malcolm Jenkins. Cody Parkey has been pretty impressive as well.
Chip Kelly has for the most part looked much like an NFL stud coach, rather than a College Guru. Thoughts?

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DC is trash. I realize we're not stacked at every position but I see nothing creative or promising about him. Any good O is gonna put up 24-30 and we'll need 31. Looks very similar to Manning's days in Indy.

Other than that we're in the mix. :yahoo:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously if we go anywhere this year it will be despite our Defense. Our pass rush is horrible ... we were lucky today that Cousins missed some wide open receivers in the 2nd half ... but that said 3-0 is still 3-0 so I'm ok with it. We haven't played our best game of Offense either ... Maclin has come around but Matthews is just getting going, we get Lane Johnson back after next week and Shady will eventually show up. All things considered things could be much worse ... so for now, I'm ok as a fan.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC East Champs by week 12, easily.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that we are 3-0 despite literally missing most of our starting OL. Even if we lose against San Francisco, we will be 3-1 when Lane Johnson returns from his suspension. That's huge. Johnson will stabilize the line considerably and improve the run blocking. Hopefully Kelce is not out for a long time.

Defensively, I still see some improvement. Namely, Malcolm Jenkins. Two huge picks two weeks in a row. Nate Allen still sucks--he was responsible for the Djack TD--but I think the defense is getting better. It will not be anything special until they improve the talent at a number of positions, but I think this can be a playoff team with this defense, so long as the O-line gets healthy again.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same problems as last year, porous coverage and can't get any pass rush. Gotta find a way to get pressure wwhen we need it. McCoy needs a break out game next week.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners got beat by Drew Stanton today (1-2 so far) ... not impossible that we are 4-0 after next week.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sum similar problems too last year. I think the 3-4 is still a work in progress and sum of our players r old and don't fit the system. I believe somethings will improve but we def wont b a top ten defense with Davis at the helm. Offensively if we can stay healthy, were a top 5 offense.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously they're doing a great job of coming back in games but they need to really get off to better starts, eventually it will come back to bite them

Defensively they've been starting out a bit slow too but they've gotten better as the games have went on

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The good: The team has not even played a complete game yet, and won all of them. The resiliency of this team is also there. At least - by and large - the team seems to have gotten better each week (or at least Foles has). Special Teams.
  • The bad: The O-line, and for most of the previous games Foles being bad. In general, the slow starts of this team. The lack of pass rush falls here as well.
  • The Ugly: Injuries and the run game not being there.

Generally, yes, this team should win the division (assuming injuries do not get this team completely derailed). And the defense must improve as well. Currently they are not good enough for the playoffs, IMO.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that the playoffs won't be starting yet.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners got beat by Drew Stanton today (1-2 so far) ... not impossible that we are 4-0 after next week.

The defence is nowhere near the quality of the Cards D for that to happen.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..serious o-line issues. Foles can't take that kind of beating too many weeks in a row. But he proved he is a tough MOFO.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good : Nick Foles aside from the 1st half of game one has been excellent. Sure he has missed from throws but so does every QB in football, Just look at Peyton yesterday, he missed a few but put his team in position to win at the end. That is what I love about Foles, the guy is always there at the end. On pace for 5300 yards 32 tds to 12 ints, those are all pro numbers folks

The Bad: I know this is not going to be popular but the coaching staff right now especially early in games both sides of the ball just dont seem prepared. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. It is taking to long for them to make adjustments. Now let me say this, after years of watching Andy Reid not make adjustments this is still better than the alternative but in order to be the elite team a 3-0 record says they need to get this cleaned up.

The Ugly: This is tough but I have to say the injuries. This could go hand and hand with number 2 as the coaching staff especially offensively might be limited. The other thought I had was really the offseason the Eagles had aside from Malcolm Jenkins, Parkey and Sproles we really are not getting much production from our offseason additions. Caveat Mathews did have a really good game yesterday so it may just be taking some time. But really coming back with 10 of the 11 starters on defense from a historically bad defense last season right now is not showing so well and ultimately may be an ugly decision

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Reuben Frank...interesting.

Yesterday's game was the first time the Eagles allowed four TD drives of 80 yards or more in at least 27 years. (I just looked it up)

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good - This team hasn't played a complete game yet and we are still 3-0. The D has looked good for a series here and there (Indy comes to mind down the stretch) and the O has looked good for a half here, Quarter there. But neither has put a complete game together. Sproles was a great pickup and has been our MVP on O so far.

The Bad - The D has looked terrible as a whole. As said above in "the good", they have had a good series here and there, but overall they have been terrible. Lacks A LOT of playmakers.

The Ugly - OL injuries and now Kendricks (if he's out to long). We need them to get healthy.

G

greenwing

has anyone else seen enough of Casey Mathews? He defently has regressed since his rookie year and is not playing on an NFL level. Id rather bring in a camp guy at this point because Mathews has not contributed anything to this defense.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a post about Erk, Raid, and Wings...