• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Five Most Overrated Classic Rock Artists

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe bands aren't always great live because they're all fucked up.
Being fucked up is a badge of honor in the Rock business.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Queen
2. Journey
3. U2
4. Van Halen
5. Beach Boys

I think the Beatles are overrated, but not overrated enough to make my top 5, and my stance has softened quite a bit on them the last few years.

Beatles were great, but they didn't invent music.

*ducks*

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being fucked up is a badge of honor in the Rock business.

But how fucked up do you have to be when the audience is all fucked up and they think you're too fucked up.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how fucked up do you have to be when the audience is all fucked up and they think you're too fucked up.
Without drugs nobody would care.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better, i thought LZ sucked live too.

I saw them in '77 at the Silverdome. They were terrible.. like "I couldn't even make out what some of the songs were" bad. I was also quite wasted that night though that never affected my appreciation of a live act before. The dome may have had something to do with the sound quality. But I saw the Stones there a couple of years later and they were great.. and the Stones can be hit & miss live.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite rock concerts...
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Rolling Stones
Cheap Trick

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to have their careers resurrected by a rap group.... :spit:
I read an article on that...Aerosmith hated that makeover, but were pressured by the studio.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some here have cited Aerosmith. I thought their first 4 or 5 albums were pretty damned good. I only saw them live once. It was before they hit it big, opening for Rory Gallagher at a community college gym. I'd never heard of them and we were right in front of the stage. They put on a great show. I listened to Train Kept a-Rollin by the Yardbirds yesterday on the radio and there's a reason Aerosmith's version is the one that gets all of the airplay.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article on that...Aerosmith hated that makeover, but were pressured by the studio.

They were over without it. It's not that Aeorsmith hated it, rather, they just weren't interested in doing it.

Reactions: GNG

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally with the Springsteen and John Lennon choices. Not sure there's a single song by either of them (talking Lennon as a solo artist) that I enjoy.

My list would include them as well as

Queen - Really, really good band but they get blown waaay too hard sometimes. Also I could go the rest of my life without hearing We Will Rock You, We are the Champions, or Bohemian Rhapsody ever again and be really happy.

The Beatles - Again, really good band but they ain't the unquestionable best ever that people always claim IMO.

Aerosmith - Dream On is excellent. Everything else.......meh

Cheap Trick - I just don't get these guys at all

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally with the Springsteen and John Lennon choices. Not sure there's a single song by either of them (talking Lennon as a solo artist) that I enjoy.

My list would include them as well as

Queen - Really, really good band but they get blown waaay too hard sometimes. Also I could go the rest of my life without hearing We Will Rock You, We are the Champions, or Bohemian Rhapsody ever again and be really happy.

The Beatles - Again, really good band but they ain't the unquestionable best ever that people always claim IMO.

Aerosmith - Dream On is excellent. Everything else.......meh

Cheap Trick - I just don't get these guys at all

I don't really consider The Beatles or The Beach Boys (someone else mentioned them) classic rock.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Van Halen change the hard rock scene completely ?

What did they bring to the table that Led Zeppelin didn't do much better 10 years prior?

I always considered them to be basically a dumbed down LZ
Van Halen was a big fuckin' deal when they first got big. Opened for Sabbath in the late Ozzy years right before Ozzy got kicked out and blew them off the stage.

I guess you can take that with a grain of salt though, I'm basing this off of what multiple old fucks have told me.