• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The First 2018 College Football Playoff

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I heard them correctly, none of UCF's wins are over teams that have .500 records or better. (Pitt and Memphis are at .500.)

UConn 1-7
SC State
FAU 3-5
Pitt 4-4
SMU 3-5
Memphis 4-4
East Carolina 2-5

Temple on Thursday will be their biggest test so far, but they probably won't get tested until the CCG when they play Houston.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I heard them correctly, none of UCF's wins are over teams that have .500 records or better. (Pitt and Memphis are at .500.)

UConn 1-7
SC State
FAU 3-5
Pitt 4-4
SMU 3-5
Memphis 4-4
East Carolina 2-5

Yeah our schedule is bad. Worse than last year's. If Memphis and FAU were still as good as they were last year, at least those would be "quality wins". But what can ya do. At least we have a tough P5 school schedule next year in Stanford.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temple on Thursday will be their biggest test so far, but they probably won't get tested until the CCG when they play Houston.
Probably since Memphis has been their only close game.

Houston can be a real pain in the ass to play. They ain't bad at all.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm honestly worried about Cincy and USF too still. USF is a rivalry game and we can't count them out yet. Cincy is still tough, even though they lost to Temple. The rest of the schedule for us, except for Navy, is actually a big test. Temple, Cincy, USF and, if we get through all that, Houston for the Conference title.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah our schedule is bad. Worse than last year's. If Memphis and FAU were still as good as they were last year, at least those would be "quality wins". But what can ya do. At least we have a tough P5 school schedule next year in Stanford.
True but you have dominated with the exception of Memphis. Kind of like Bama. They've really only beaten A&M of note but dominated everyone they've played.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly worried about Cincy and USF too still. USF is a rivalry game and we can't count them out yet. Cincy is still tough, even though they lost to Temple. The rest of the schedule for us, except for Navy, is actually a big test. Temple, Cincy, USF and, if we get through all that, Houston for the Conference title.
If you get through that stretch and do so in a dominating way, it could cause some heartburn for the committee.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but you have dominated with the exception of Memphis. Kind of like Bama. They've really only beaten A&M of note but dominated everyone they've played.

If only we played a tougher schedule lol. I can't really complain too much, in all honesty. 3 years ago we couldn't win a thumb war against a thumb-less opponent.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Dabo's comment about the ROY bus. There is the #1 bus with Bama on it and then the "Rest Of Y'all" bus. He's sandbagging but that is the way things are perceived.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincy and USF have just screamed frauds to me all season. I think UCF rolls in both. Temple has been playing good lately, and I'd take Temple over both and Houston over all 3.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get through that stretch and do so in a dominating way, it could cause some heartburn for the committee.

I think so as well. We'd still need some help though. We would probably need all of the 1 loss teams to lose at least once more and we'd probably need ND to lose to a bad team. That's damn near impossible to happen lol

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Dabo's comment about the ROY bus. There is the #1 bus with Bama on it and then the "Rest Of Y'all" bus. He's sandbagging but that is the way things are perceived.

Not that I'd seriously pick anyone to beat Bama, but Clemson might have the best shot on a neutral field with their front 7 and passing attack to go with a Heisman finalist contender running the ball.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy and USF have just screamed frauds to me all season. I think UCF rolls in both. Temple has been playing good lately, and I'd take Temple over both and Houston over all 3.

If I had to rank the best 5 teams in the conference, I'd go UCF, Houston, Cincy, Temple, USF. Even with the loss to Temple, I think Cincy is a legit threat. They've dominated their opponents, just seems like last week, they got the first loss blues and almost made it 2 losses.

USF has struggled against a couple teams this year. They probably should have 2-3 losses already but they've squeaked out wins.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'd seriously pick anyone to beat Bama, but Clemson might have the best shot on a neutral field with their front 7 and passing attack to go with a Heisman finalist contender running the ball.
I thought that last year and Bama never let them in the game. And that was with Hurts, not Tua.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anyone is gonna beat Bama, it's gonna be LSU. I might have said Auburn at the beginning of the year, but not now.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that last year and Bama never let them in the game. And that was with Hurts, not Tua.

Last year Clemson was held back a bit by their QB. That ain't the case this year. Trevor Lawrence can sling that rock. I'd pick Bama over anyone on any field, but if I had to pick the team with the best shot to beat them, it would be Clemson.

Playing LSU at night against a talented and ultra motivated LSU team in Baton Rouge might be tricky, but even if LSU's dbacks stimy Tua's passing game a bit, I think Bama could run all over them. We had plenty of success on the ground when we ran against LSU, but for some reason we decided to stop running the ball.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Clemson was held back a bit by their QB. That ain't the case this year. Trevor Lawrence can sling that rock. I'd pick Bama over anyone on any field, but if I had to pick the team with the best shot to beat them, it would be Clemson.

Playing LSU at night against a talented and ultra motivated LSU team in Baton Rouge might be tricky, but even if LSU's dbacks stimy Tua's passing game a bit, I think Bama could run all over them. We had plenty of success on the ground when we ran against LSU, but for some reason we decided to stop running the ball.
But look who Lawrence has been doing it against. If it were Watson, I'd agree with you 100%. Still got to see what Lawrence does against a good team.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to analyze this, seeing how Utah can get into the top 10 by next Saturday? Ducks get a win this weekend vs UCLA, go to Utah next week. If the Ducks can get back on track by beating UCLA and a highly ranked Utah team in Salt Lake next weekend, we could see Oregon hovering around 15.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly the only surprise to me is the inclusion of Iowa State. Really didn't think Iowa State would've been included.
Iowa St has a better resume than at least 3 teams ahead of them