• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The final (?) roster cuts are coming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if I know the pedigree of most, if not all, offensive linemen in the NFL...but this can't be good if it's the first question under "People also ask" when you google him:

How many sacks did Alex Leatherwood give up?

While he did start all 17 games last season, Leatherwood ended up being graded out as one of the worst offensive lineman in the NFL. Leatherwood was called for 14 penalties last year, the 3rd most in the league, and gave up eight sacks, which was 2nd most.

Ouch. We must be pretty desperate behind the scenes.
Not desperate, we picked him up to try coaching him up. He has the talent and tools to be very good. We lose almost nothing if it does not work out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not desperate, we picked him up to try coaching him up. He has the talent and tools to be very good. We lose almost nothing if it does not work out.
Another potential (and potential at best) low risk/high reward situation. There's no arguing that Leatherwood was a bust for the Raiders. But we pick up this guy and his contract for 40 cents on the dollar, not to mention including the option year if he does pan out. Didn't cost us any draft capital, so at worst we waste a little time trying to coach him up. And if he pans out, even if he never goes beyond regular sub status, it turns out to be a steal.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. That sounds reasonable…so why did no other team in the NFL see it that way and put a claim on him?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another potential (and potential at best) low risk/high reward situation. There's no arguing that Leatherwood was a bust for the Raiders. But we pick up this guy and his contract for 40 cents on the dollar, not to mention including the option year if he does pan out. Didn't cost us any draft capital, so at worst we waste a little time trying to coach him up. And if he pans out, even if he never goes beyond regular sub status, it turns out to be a steal.
Again…Nobody else put a claim on this guy. If it was no risk why didn’t any other team jump on it?

You could hit up probably every NFL forum on the internet and fans of the team would be like “We could use some low cost o-line help.” Actions speak louder.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again…Nobody else put a claim on this guy. If it was no risk why didn’t any other team jump on it?

You could hit up probably every NFL forum on the internet and fans of the team would be like “We could use some low cost o-line help.” Actions speak louder.
I'm perplexed as to why you're so down on us taking him. If he doesn't pan out, so what, who gives a shit? It's not like we're banking on him for our future. And it's not like it's costing us an arm and a leg. As previously pointed out, we're only paying 40 cents on the dollar with respect to his contract. So I guess I don't understand why you're having a Yasmani Grandal fit over this inking.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm perplexed as to why you're so down on us taking him. If he doesn't pan out, so what, who gives a shit? It's not like we're banking on him for our future. And it's not like it's costing us an arm and a leg. As previously pointed out, we're only paying 40 cents on the dollar with respect to his contract. So I guess I don't understand why you're having a Yasmani Grandal fit over this inking.
Why are gm’s of 31 other teams not seeing this light?

We’re looking for diamonds in the cow patch. We will get what we get.

I was interested in how many other teams in NFL history made this quantity of waiver moves with most/all of them making the 53 and how things fared for them. Couldn’t find any stats/data though. I know what my guess is.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason other GMs didn't bite is because it was more expensive to claim him than it was to wait for him to be a FA. It's a somewhat expensive move claiming him versus signing him cheap off the heap. But also you'd have to compete with anyone else interested in him so the Bears chose to pay a little more since they can afford to.

If you googled it first and did some research rather than just bitching about it blindly...you would likely learn something.

Maybe the move totally bombs and he never even starts a game. That's worst case scenario and in that scenario it cost the team a couple million dollars they won't miss at all.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was interested in how many other teams in NFL history made this quantity of waiver moves with most/all of them making the 53 and how things fared for them. Couldn’t find any stats/data though. I know what my guess is.
Well, I think it was reported that no team this offseason grabbed more players off the waiver wire than the Bears. I already gave the good and bad of this happening, so no sense repeating. But I'll continue to logically insist that this was pretty much a no-brainer move for the Bears. Who cares that no other team was interested in claiming him. Very few teams have our lack of depth and quality in their OL, so it's not like there was a crowded room ready to pounce on former first round OL castoffs. If he works out, great, if not, big whup.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason other GMs didn't bite is because it was more expensive to claim him than it was to wait for him to be a FA. It's a somewhat expensive move claiming him versus signing him cheap off the heap. But also you'd have to compete with anyone else interested in him so the Bears chose to pay a little more since they can afford to.

If you googled it first and did some research rather than just bitching about it blindly...you would likely learn something.

Maybe the move totally bombs and he never even starts a game. That's worst case scenario and in that scenario it cost the team a couple million dollars they won't miss at all.

I did look him up. The Raiders paid the vast majority of his contract-which was signing bonus. What you’re arguing makes no sense. If he is any good he’d be well worth the price we are paying for him as LSD alluded to. At least one other team would take the minimal financial gamble. None did. Table is set. You comin?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it was reported that no team this offseason grabbed more players off the waiver wire than the Bears. I already gave the good and bad of this happening, so no sense repeating. But I'll continue to logically insist that this was pretty much a no-brainer move for the Bears. Who cares that no other team was interested in claiming him. Very few teams have our lack of depth and quality in their OL, so it's not like there was a crowded room ready to pounce on former first round OL castoffs. If he works out, great, if not, big whup.
I’m not talking about this season. I don’t many teams in NFL history have made this many 53 man roster affecting waiver pickups this time of offseason. We are on an island here with this activity. It reeks of trouble on the horizon.

The argument “oh they’re cheap and we have lots of money so what do we have to lose” is fair. I guess we’ll find out. My understanding is Leatherwood, the dl out of Minny and the TE are most likely to make an impact of the group. If we get one reasonable contributor out of the lot of them I’ll be satisfied. Expect little more and certainly am not taking this as a sign that our current gm/coaching staff are making “the right moves.”

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why did Brady go at the end of the 6th round.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Brady go at the end of the 6th round.
*audible groan*

If Tom Brady was put on the waiver wire after 17 starts every team in the league would have claimed him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*audible groan*

If Tom Brady was put on the waiver wire after 17 starts every team in the league would have claimed him.
I think your worried about nothing.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did look him up. The Raiders paid the vast majority of his contract-which was signing bonus. What you’re arguing makes no sense. If he is any good he’d be well worth the price we are paying for him as LSD alluded to. At least one other team would take the minimal financial gamble. None did. Table is set. You comin?

Took all of 5 seconds to find this.

Nobody expected a team to claim him on waivers due to his hefty rookie contract. So it was a surprise when the Bears scooped him up.

You pay more for him picking him up on waivers.

Your wife still make shitty meatloaf? I'll pass.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not talking about this season. I don’t many teams in NFL history have made this many 53 man roster affecting waiver pickups this time of offseason. We are on an island here with this activity. It reeks of trouble on the horizon.

Poles inherited a roster low on talent. And he had an offseason where he was low on draft picks and where he spent time freeing up future cap space he didn't want to spend now.

The Bears, talent wise, were among the NFL's worst rosters last season. Top heavy with a few stars but no depth to speak of. So it's not surprising a GM would be taking in castaways from other teams like Armon Watts and releasing guys like Tonga. He's upgrading the overall talent of the roster...even when it's not a drastic improvement. He got a couple guys in Watts and Leatherwood that weren't considered scheme fits with the clubs that cut them but will be scheme fits with the Bears. It's a subtle way to build some depth and be prepared to make bigger moves next offseason.

None of this is really all that hard if you apply a little bit of logic and stop being a meatball all the damn time.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took all of 5 seconds to find this.

Nobody expected a team to claim him on waivers due to his hefty rookie contract. So it was a surprise when the Bears scooped him up.

You pay more for him picking him up on waivers.

Your wife still make shitty meatloaf? I'll pass.
There is no f*cking way I’m going to believe, of all mediots…Lambert. Yeah, some Chicago-biased mediot that just regugitates garbage time in and time out has the pulse on what every other NFL team is doing behind the scenes. Right, a first round talent with 70% of his signing bonus paid is “too expensive” for every other team but us. Maybe a few more seconds next time.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles inherited a roster low on talent. And he had an offseason where he was low on draft picks and where he spent time freeing up future cap space he didn't want to spend now.

The Bears, talent wise, were among the NFL's worst rosters last season. Top heavy with a few stars but no depth to speak of. So it's not surprising a GM would be taking in castaways from other teams like Armon Watts and releasing guys like Tonga. He's upgrading the overall talent of the roster...even when it's not a drastic improvement. He got a couple guys in Watts and Leatherwood that weren't considered scheme fits with the clubs that cut them but will be scheme fits with the Bears. It's a subtle way to build some depth and be prepared to make bigger moves next offseason.

None of this is really all that hard if you apply a little bit of logic and stop being a meatball all the damn time.
I’m not actually arguing the theory behind digging through the cow patch…just sad we’re there in the first place and preparing my anus for this season’s whoopins. And that Alex Leatherwood aint changing that…most likely won’t be on the team in 2 years. But we’ll see.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no f*cking way I’m going to believe, of all mediots…Lambert. Yeah, some Chicago-biased mediot that just regugitates garbage time in and time out has the pulse on what every other NFL team is doing behind the scenes. Right, a first round talent with 70% of his signing bonus paid is “too expensive” for every other team but us. Maybe a few more seconds next time.

Not sure what part of the brain controls logical thinking….but yours is broken and I advise getting it checked.

Did you even look at the numbers as far as guaranteed money the Bears now owe Leatherwood and compare that to what signing him to a one year deal might cost?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not actually arguing the theory behind digging through the cow patch…just sad we’re there in the first place and preparing my anus for this season’s whoopins. And that Alex Leatherwood aint changing that…most likely won’t be on the team in 2 years. But we’ll see.

If Leatherwood has no impact on the team this season, and he likely doesn’t, why bitch about the move to begin with?

Yeah the Bears are in a bad spot. That’s not the fault of the current GM. You’re bitching just to bitch. Instead of preparing your anus for a pounding you probably enjoy way too much you should put a tampon in your vagina and stopping being such a whiny c unt.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Leatherwood has no impact on the team this season, and he likely doesn’t, why bitch about the move to begin with?

Fans tend to overvalue prospects and player acquisitions through their biased lens. This player has not earned that right....but it will happen anyway. That's why. Somebody gotta be like:

ClutteredCornyAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif