• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fallout: Great Article on the Seattle Game

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure. It's not like this is the only game where our offense has been really terrible. It's been masked by close wins but we really haven't changed a thing offensively the entire year. Will that change? I'm not going to believe it until I see it.

And yeah, Harbaugh and Roman need to sit down and realize ITS NOT WORKING. change it or we don't win the next four games. Not that we will anyway, but they have to realize relying on Kap to throw us to victories inside the pocket is not the answer. They haven't seen it in 12 games though.

It's because they are committed to trying to turn him into a pocket passer; however, this will come at a cost, as we've seen this season.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And literally no one understand why they are trying to do this. Seriously I haven't heard one good reason for that at all.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Those guys are all already at the elite level that Steve Young is talking about. Kaep took over on Monday Night Football against Chicago sometime in November 2012. Steve Young said 3 to 4 years. I'm willing to wait it out. I do realize that I'm more patient than most. : )

if you have patience then good, certainly NO problem here.

but here is just my opinion...........Kaep played quite a few games in 2012, all of 2013, and 12 games this season. if he had enough to reach the next level, wouldn't we be seeing SOME of it now? wouldn't he be flashing some of that in say half of the games? 1/3 of the games? How many GOOD games - like Peyton or Rodgers had good games - has he had this season?

just seems like you expect him to JUMP to the next level in year 4? ie after being below average (passer) all of 2014, you're expecting him to become a 'Peyton', 'Brady', or 'Rodgers' next season (year 4). Do you REALLY see that coming next season?

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you have patience then good, certainly NO problem here.

but here is just my opinion...........Kaep played quite a few games in 2012, all of 2013, and 12 games this season. if he had enough to reach the next level, wouldn't we be seeing SOME of it now? wouldn't he be flashing some of that in say half of the games? 1/3 of the games? How many GOOD games - like Peyton or Rodgers had good games - has he had this season?

just seems like you expect him to JUMP to the next level in year 4? ie after being below average (passer) all of 2014, you're expecting him to become a 'Peyton', 'Brady', or 'Rodgers' next season (year 4). Do you REALLY see that coming next season?

It depends on how you define a good game. From a passing efficiency standpoint, he's actually been pretty good throughout his time as starting quarterback (definitely not great, but probably still above average). From a passing efficiency standpoint, you could say that he's actually had many good games.

However, if you are looking for volume (300 yard passing games), it's not there and I don't see when that will start happening because: (a) it's just not our style to throw the ball 40 to 50 times a game; and (b) with VD no longer a vertical threat, our offense absolutely has no explosiveness. We also can't rely on the run to set up the pass because we don't run the ball very well anymore.

Being just a fan, I really don't know what to expect, but it is apparent that the front office thinks he can get to the next level. They left themselves an out by not guaranteeing him a lot of money, but they must have at least some belief in him. I'm willing to wait because we don't have a viable replacement anyway. Maybe we can find one in the draft or free agency, but it's unlikely. The one QB I like in the draft is Mariota, but are we willing to trade up?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It depends on how you define a good game. From a passing efficiency standpoint, he's actually been pretty good throughout his time as starting quarterback (definitely not great, but probably still above average). From a passing efficiency standpoint, you could say that he's actually had many good games.

However, if you are looking for volume (300 yard passing games), it's not there and I don't see when that will start happening because: (a) it's just not our style to throw the ball 40 to 50 times a game; and (b) with VD no longer a vertical threat, our offense absolutely has no explosiveness. We also can't rely on the run to set up the pass because we don't run the ball very well anymore.

Being just a fan, I really don't know what to expect, but it is apparent that the front office thinks he can get to the next level. They left themselves an out by not guaranteeing him a lot of money, but they must have at least some belief in him. I'm willing to wait because we don't have a viable replacement anyway. Maybe we can find one in the draft or free agency, but it's unlikely. The one QB I like in the draft is Mariota, but are we willing to trade up?

earlier you were saying Steve Young is right, that Kaep could be REAL good in year 4. but now you seem to be unsure?

yes, our FO has SOME belief in him because he is a better than average QB. He is a good QB, just not at the top level. They have some belief in him because they have no choice. But do believe if push had come to shove, they wouldn't have given him those numbers in guaranteed form.

our FO already knows he isn't going to reach the 'elite' level. But it isn't easy to just get a good QB, so while we lament the lack of an 'elite' QB, it could be MUCH worse than Kaep.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

btw - I know we don't throw a lot each game, so yes it isn't about 300 yard games. A high efficiency would work instead. So how many games has he been highly efficient?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
earlier you were saying Steve Young is right, that Kaep could be REAL good in year 4. but now you seem to be unsure?

yes, our FO has SOME belief in him because he is a better than average QB. He is a good QB, just not at the top level. They have some belief in him because they have no choice. But do believe if push had come to shove, they wouldn't have given him those numbers in guaranteed form.

our FO already knows he isn't going to reach the 'elite' level. But it isn't easy to just get a good QB, so while we lament the lack of an 'elite' QB, it could be MUCH worse than Kaep.

Where did I ever say that Kaepernick will for sure be really good in year 4? All I said was that Steve Young said that this kind of project would take 3 to 4 years. Steve Young never said one way or the other whether it will work out, but he hopes it does. I'm just a fan, not a football Nostradamus. I wait and see what happens and hope for the best.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw - I know we don't throw a lot each game, so yes it isn't about 300 yard games. A high efficiency would work instead. So how many games has he been highly efficient?

You should look it up and draw your own conclusions. Besides, I'm on my phone and it takes a little longer to look things up on the phone compared to my laptop. LOL. I do know that he's had 3 games this year where he has been 100 or above with his passer rating, and that he's only had 2 games this season where he had a bad passer rating (Chicago and Seattle). The rest of his games range from below average to above average.