• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The F.O are Morons

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that Carolina owner David Tepper summed up his reason(s) for the firing of Ron Rivera as wanting a "culture change," and Washington, desperate for a decades long cultural change, hired Ron Rivera for that purpose. All told, it does raise a question __ "when does Washington after moving up from total dysfunction, to "old school," decide to move from that, to come into the 21st century?"

Is it time to actually have this discussion?? I tried this a year ago and the board didn't seem interested, but if things continue along the current arch, we'll have to address it.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Rivera was fired (Carolina) because of his innate conservative tendencies, a reluctance to change the old way of doing things in favor of using analytics, and failure to adopt more enlightened approach to modern athletes on and off the field. In other words, "Riverboat" was played and had run its course as younger athletes weren't buying it and neither was the new owner there. This was reflected on the field then and based upon that recent history, you have to wonder if the surprising changes in Washington's play are also related to Rivera's old school approach to the game.
Dov Walker was on Sheehan's podcast and he wouldn't give specifics, but said there is a clear tug o war between the players and the coaches philosophy. Eluded players aren't buying in. He did say partly because they have already been paid and don't have to. Stated it's on the coaches to get that buy in regardless of that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a 5 yr guy when it comes to coaches . One thing leaders must do is adapt . If he can’t adapt then his tenure here will fail

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a 5 yr guy when it comes to coaches . One thing leaders must do is adapt . If he can’t adapt then his tenure here will fail
I agree, but I have to ask... If he was fired for NOT doing so in Carolina, and thus far there are questions about him failing to do so here, is it wise to wait for the full 5 years, with predicted outcomes, before making the necessary change? This is year 3.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rivera can do better than us. Right now, I don't think we can do better than Rivera.

We don't have a name.
Worst attendance in football.
Owner on a self imposed suspension.
DEA just raided the facility.

I can keep going, but I'm not ready to have the fire Rivera talk just yet. Clock management is suspect and not sticking up for Kyle Smith are maybe the two things I have a problem with, but I think he deserves more time.

DEA raids your building on a Friday, and all you do is go win a road game with your season hanging in the balance 48 hrs later without your head trainer. Gotta give Ron some credit for that.

I get it, he was Ron's guy, but still.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that it's time for the "fire RR" talk either. My previous thread on the subject, dated October 29, 2020,

Ron Rivera has served his purpose and should be dismissed after the season.

was based upon the idea that he could and had successfully reached the main objective in changing the culture in Ashburn.

THAT WAS MY MISTAKE!!

To be clear, I was never on board with the hiring of Rivera to lead the team to sustained winning seasons on the field, but because of his high regard throughout the league, thought him to be a really good person, who bought within himself the ability to change the off field culture that's been missing for almost 20 years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There a lot of things that piss me off about this team from the culture , and the losing , to the harassment, to the BS name change to the lack of effort by the defense .

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough crowd.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dov Walker was on Sheehan's podcast and he wouldn't give specifics, but said there is a clear tug o war between the players and the coaches philosophy. Eluded players aren't buying in. He did say partly because they have already been paid and don't have to. Stated it's on the coaches to get that buy in regardless of that.
I haven't heard anything until this but it has been my suspicion. Things look the same. Players out of position, supposedly top players not coming to camp. Questionable personnel decisions. It all seems like a Snyder owned team. We as fans keep hoping the latest coach will change things but it never has.