• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Expanse

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is soooooo good.

Books are still better but they do a hell of a job on the show.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the end of the last episode. What did Naomi inject herself with? It seems like whatever it was, it allowed her to survive in outer space? I was getting flashbacks to The Last Jedi and Princess Leia.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the end of the last episode. What did Naomi inject herself with? It seems like whatever it was, it allowed her to survive in outer space? I was getting flashbacks to The Last Jedi and Princess Leia.
They didn’t say what it was but it reminded me of earlier in the season when they saved Monica from the the shipping crate. As soon as they got to her they injected her with a similar looking syringe to keep her from dying.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The writers were so clever in how they had Naomi alter the message to let them know what was really going on.
And then they think it's a solid idea to send a human body out into the void of space without a suit.........

It's only -455 degrees Fahrenheit. It'll just be for a minute!!!

Leia was a Jedi. Maybe you can get away with that, Mary Poppins notwithstanding.
Guardians of the Galaxy did it, but Quill was a demigod and Gomorrah/Yondu are aliens.

Other than that minor quibble, I just finished Season 5 and thought it was outstanding.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done with the last season. Great show

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writers were so clever in how they had Naomi alter the message to let them know what was really going on.
And then they think it's a solid idea to send a human body out into the void of space without a suit.........

It's only -455 degrees Fahrenheit. It'll just be for a minute!!!

Leia was a Jedi. Maybe you can get away with that, Mary Poppins notwithstanding.
Guardians of the Galaxy did it, but Quill was a demigod and Gomorrah/Yondu are aliens.

Other than that minor quibble, I just finished Season 5 and thought it was outstanding.

When I saw this episode I thought it was pretty silly as well. Not because of the temperature, since that can vary. Being in a vacuum doesn't mean that it is absolute zero If you were 1000 feet from the sun in space, you wouldn't be worried about how cold it was. The immediate risk would be depressurization.

But apparently what she did is technically possible. The injection was some sort of mix of oxygen and other things to help extend your survivability.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw this episode I thought it was pretty silly as well. Not because of the temperature, since that can vary. Being in a vacuum doesn't mean that it is absolute zero If you were 1000 feet from the sun in space, you wouldn't be worried about how cold it was. The immediate risk would be depressurization.

But apparently what she did is technically possible. The injection was some sort of mix of oxygen and other things to help extend your survivability.

I thought the multiple trips to the heavily radioactive parts of the ship would have been more than enough to kill her.

My rationalization was that generations of living in the asteroid belt had given Belters better ways to deal with outer space and it's hazards.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the next season begin? I like this last season a lot even with all the inconsistencies. The episodes in Baltimore after the asteroids hit were really good too.

Not sure. Shows are really slow coming out with covid.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the next season begin? I like this last season a lot even with all the inconsistencies. The episodes in Baltimore after the asteroids hit were really good too.
From what I read, I think there is only one more season left.
Not sure how that lines up with the books.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read, I think there is only one more season left.
Not sure how that lines up with the books.

There are 4 books they haven't covered yet. The last one hasn't been released yet. The TV series is taking a "pause" after next season. The last 3 books jump ahead a few decades so they could do a different series or some movies.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 books they haven't covered yet. The last one hasn't been released yet. The TV series is taking a "pause" after next season. The last 3 books jump ahead a few decades so they could do a different series or some movies.

I sort of like the "pre-warp drive" aspect of the series. Good "old fashioned" rocket ships flying around shooting missiles instead of photon torpedoes

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of like the "pre-warp drive" aspect of the series. Good "old fashioned" rocket ships flying around shooting missiles instead of photon torpedoes

Yeah. The books were unique-ish in that they were portraying a future world that didn't have some sort of physics defying technological marvel. Not only do they not have warp drives but things like gravity and inertia matter.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of shooting... the space battles are fantastic in this series.

I'm dying for the last book.

The last book was so good.
The Amos storyline in the last book was so trippy but also really cool in its own way. The portrayal of Duerte and his savior complex is also fantastic.

I am fascinated with how they plan to frame the climactic fight with the big bad aliens in the last book.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last book was so good.
The Amos storyline in the last book was so trippy but also really cool in its own way. The portrayal of Duerte and his savior complex is also fantastic.

I am fascinated with how they plan to frame the climactic fight with the big bad aliens in the last book.
The Amos storyline was brilliant. Probably my favorite part of the book actually. Just a fantastic book. I actually had a pretty hard time with the time jump at first. I started it and kind of stopped for a while, had to pick it up a few times. No idea why. Really looking forward to meeting these god-like aliens.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the books but love the show.This whole season seemed like a segway between season 4 and 6. And I'm not happy with the weekly drops. Just drop it all at once so we can binge on it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first 3 eps of S5 when they were first dropped. I felt completely lost, so I waited for the season to end, then I did a full rewatch.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that this show is hard to follow, so it needed to be watched in a binge, and now that I have actually done that, I can only say it again, but with more conviction. When I first watched the show, on first run, it was good, but too many details were lost with a week between episodes and a year between seasons. So much depth was lost.

Too bad real life had to get in the way which led to the finale twist. Apparently that was all done after all filming had already taken place and that whole storyline was added through editing.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 6 teaser: