• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The end of Roger Goodell?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read it, but does it mention the BILLIONS Roger makes for these owners?

Does it mention that it's all these owners care about, and issues like Deflategate are fun for fans and media, but are very small peanuts to these owners?

Goodell will lose his job as soon as he stops making these owners richer and richer and richer

He held Tom Brady responsible.

That's all that really matters now.

He must go.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He held Tom Brady responsible.

That's all that really matters now.

He must go.
i said a year ago when ray rice beat his woman on video, and they denied having seen it.,..that he would be gone in a calendar year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have been saying this for years. As long as he keeps shitting nickles he'll be the commish.

Yeah people rag on Goodell but everything he has touched has been absolutely gold.

He is like the principle of a school. Of course everyone is going to hate him. If you didn't hate him, it would mean he isn't doing his job correctly. Everyone loved Taglibue because he let the players run wild with zero consequences from the league. It literally took throwing a player in jail on Sunday to get him off the field.

Goodell whether people realize it or not has excelled at the position.
1) Player holdouts are a thing of the past.
2) Player's need to be responsible citizens or else they will get punished by the league.
3) Their PED and drug testing isn't perfect but it is way better than it used to be.
4) NFL Network and Thursday night games are a huge success.
5) The NFL draft schedule, that everyone hates, still produces likely 5 times the revenue that it used to.

The list just goes on and on.

He isn't just shitting nickels....he has turned the NFL into a goose that lays golden eggs every day.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, when Goodell hammered Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder, did it get him fired? Jerry Jones has helped the League make a ton of money, but Goodell got no heat because the rest of the owners felt the Cowboys and Skins took an unfair advantage. NEWS FLASH! The Patriots are multiple times cheaters, and none of the owners(Goodells bosses) outside craft have a problem with the cheaters getting stomped. Call the Saints, see if they care. Outside of Patriots fans, most unbiased fans can see the Patriots are cheaters who got busted

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said a year ago when ray rice beat his woman on video, and they denied having seen it.,..that he would be gone in a calendar year.

That's about the 20th time you've used that excuse Rock. It's getting tired.

You should bring up Kenny Britt's DUI or Pacman. Or Haynewsorth.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree--the commissioner was too soft on Brady. He should have suspended him for a full season.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about the 20th time you've used that excuse Rock. It's getting tired.

You should bring up Kenny Britt's DUI or Pacman. Or Haynewsorth.
it is what it is, ask @black francis .

i said goodell would be gone in a year for the rice stuff.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree--the commissioner was too soft on Brady. He should have suspended him for a full season.
ugh

you're one of THOSE guys.

thats insane.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, when Goodell hammered Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder, did it get him fired? Jerry Jones has helped the League make a ton of money, but Goodell got no heat because the rest of the owners felt the Cowboys and Skins took an unfair advantage. NEWS FLASH! The Patriots are multiple times cheaters, and none of the owners(Goodells bosses) outside craft have a problem with the cheaters getting stomped. Call the Saints, see if they care. Outside of Patriots fans, most unbiased fans can see the Patriots are cheaters who got busted
like goodell said about the pats, this is about a history of shady deal making, blatant public lies and coverups.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Rock used Darren Sharper yet? That's an idea too, Rock.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

If anything was going to take Goodell down it would have been the Rice incident.

Goodell is employed by 32 owners. 31 of them were probably really happy with the punishment he just handed down yesterday. The writer just happens to work in the city where the one unhappy owner is.

Their franchises are next. They can't be all that thrilled that 1 million dollars was taken from an owner willy nilly. Their franchise is next.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard not to laugh at the OP when he posts it in the wake of Goodell dropping the hammer on his patsies. Brady got off lucky!

As to the subject... There have been lots of threads before debating the subject. I think Goodell is nothing more than a puppet. So if anyone is to blame for any mishandling or nonsense it is more on the owners/league. However he's an easy target since he's the face of the league. The inconsistent punishments need to change. The "standard" they hold is ridiculous. 2 games for a woman beater, and 4 games for drug users... etc etc. The league really fucked up with the Rice situation, so hopefully they learned from that and some day the standard will be paved out.

Goodell isn't going anywhere though. Get used to it.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their franchises are next. They can't be all that thrilled that 1 million dollars was taken from an owner willy nilly. Their franchise is next.
and i wouldnt doubt it if the pats went out and hired PI's to scour other teams and report on them.

no joke.

"anything you find, report it"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard not to laugh at the OP when he posts it in the wake of Goodell dropping the hammer on his patsies. Brady got off lucky!

As to the subject... There have been lots of threads before debating the subject. I think Goodell is nothing more than a puppet. So if anyone is to blame for any mishandling or nonsense it is more on the owners/league. However he's an easy target since he's the face of the league. The inconsistent punishments need to change. The "standard" they hold is ridiculous. 2 games for a woman beater, and 4 games for drug users... etc etc. The league really fucked up with the Rice situation, so hopefully they learned from that and some day the standard will be paved out.

Goodell isn't going anywhere though. Get used to it.
3rd time

ive been on goodells firing since the ray rice crap. i gave it one calendar year.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock, have you explored the possibility that an ancient alien underground docking station may be underneath Kraft, errrr I mean Gillette Stadium in Foxborough?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah people rag on Goodell but everything he has touched has been absolutely gold.

He is like the principle of a school. Of course everyone is going to hate him. If you didn't hate him, it would mean he isn't doing his job correctly. Everyone loved Taglibue because he let the players run wild with zero consequences from the league. It literally took throwing a player in jail on Sunday to get him off the field.

Goodell whether people realize it or not has excelled at the position.
1) Player holdouts are a thing of the past.
2) Player's need to be responsible citizens or else they will get punished by the league.
3) Their PED and drug testing isn't perfect but it is way better than it used to be.
4) NFL Network and Thursday night games are a huge success.
5) The NFL draft schedule, that everyone hates, still produces likely 5 times the revenue that it used to.

The list just goes on and on.

He isn't just shitting nickels....he has turned the NFL into a goose that lays golden eggs every day.

Are you serious with this shit? I'll just make one point, that is an absolute fact to prove that you are adding successes to Goodell's watch without any evidence.

4) The NFL network was launched in 2003. Guess who wasn't the commissioner...:pound:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please. We all know the Pat's cheated.

I don't think the punishment matches the proof. But everyone in the league knows this wasn't "willy nilly". He came down HARD on the only franchise in the league that has shown a repeated pattern of immoral behavior.

Like I said: there are 31 of 32 owners that are probably pretty happy about the punishment that was just handed out. I personally would have liked to see more proof....but EVERYONE knows, even Pat fans, that they bent the rules in a playoff game. That just can't stand without serious repercussions.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i wouldnt doubt it if the pats went out and hired PI's to scour other teams and report on them.

no joke.

"anything you find, report it"

I hope they do. The league deserves it.